Dr. Matthew Robertson, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 47

Dr. Matthew Robertson, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Fort Collins, CO. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Banner Fort Collins Medical Center and Cheyenne Regional Medical Center – West Campus. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Robertson to book an appointment.

Dr. Robertson

Alpine Ear Nose and Throat

1120 E Elizabeth St Fort Collins, CO 80524
Telehealth services available

Compare Dr. Matthew Robertson, MD with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists near you

Dr. Robertson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Robertson

8.19672131147541%

Dr. Robertson
Dr. Roberson is an outstanding surgeon and person. He is open and relaxed. Importantly he communicates well, speaking non medical language. His exam was thorough. He explained my surgical options in detail. My nasal surgery went very well. I can now breathe better than ever. His office staff was welcoming, kind and professional. I am a physician and know a good doctor when I see one. Matt Robertson is the best.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
William Walton, MD – Jun 26, 2021
Dr. Robertson has a perfect balance of being informative and also approachable. He asks questions about my medical challenges to really explore and understand my unique situation. His team was prompt in their follow up and helped me feel supported when other ENT doctors in the area were dismissive. I was struggling with other surgeons in Fort Collins and was quite discouraged prior to my appointment here. I am so grateful for his service, his teaching, and his warm demeanor. I will forever refer my friends and family to Dr. Robertson!
Emily A – Jun 22, 2021
I couldn't be more pleased with Dr. Robertson. He helped me when I thought no one could or would. If you are having any type of ear, nose or throat problems this is the Doctor to see. As far as I am concerned he is the best of the best?
G. Brown – May 03, 2021
Dr. Robertson quickly and correctly diagnosed my husband's rare parotid gland cancer. He encouraged us not to delay operating even though it was during the Covid-19 shutdown as he felt time was of the essence. He is a skillful surgeon and a caring physician who continues to follow-up on my husband's progress even a year and a half after the initial surgery.
May 02, 2021
My husband is a patient of Dr. Robertson. Dr. Robertson is an excellent surgeon, not only in skill, but in discussing all the options with the patient and spouse. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an ear, nose, or throat physician.
Jackie T – Apr 08, 2021
Dr, Robertson is an outstanding surgeon with a high level of expertise. His depth of knowledge of the scientific literature and of current treatment trends is first rate. He is an extremely good listener and has an outstanding bedside manner. I am extremely pleased that I was referred to his care.
Apr 02, 2021
Issues with my voice for over 5 years, I had previously seen another ENT first time said I had paralyzed vocal cord and acid reflex, viral infection , suggested speech therapy . Insurance would not pay and it was too expensive. I thought well this is my life now. Recently I finally got into a speech therapist and she said you need a scope , recommended Dr Robertson. I went to Dr Robertson and he turned my world around. He was kind , compassionate, listened, knowledgeable . He said there were options to fix my voice and gave me all my options. I was so hopeful when I left his office. I recently had a Montgomery Thyroplasty on my left paralyzed vocal cord . Within 7 days my voice is back and my family can hear me and we can communicate clearly , its improved my outlook and quality of life. I feel like a new person. I thought I would never be normal. God brings people into your life for a reason or season . Dr Robertson is amazing and and I'm blessed to have him as my ENT .
Charlene Niswender – Mar 07, 2021
I am a breast cancer survivor and my oncologist found a nodule on my thyroid and after lots of testing, it was determined that I would need surgery and she recommended Dr. Robertson. Dr. Robertson took the time to call me and talk through my situation even before I made an appointment to see him. I cannot tell you how much that phone call calmed me down and reassured me that he could help me. The in person visit was the same way. Dr. Robertson took his time and we talked about everything and anything that I was thinking/worried about. He was very truthful and up front but REASSURING about outcomes. He asked me my thoughts and wanted to know what I was most worried about and we addressed those issues. When I was at the Surgery Center awaiting my procedure, he came in and I started to cry a bit. He pulled up a chair and asked what I was thinking/afraid of and we talked those through as well as our plan. I feel like Dr. R cares about me as a person. We love him!!!!!!
Trish Szuhay – Jan 17, 2021
I've been sick for years! Lost my sense of smell 4 years ago, constant sinus infections, had 2 surgeries with another Dr. who was wonderful but couldn't figure out why I was sick at the time and why I couldn't smell. Neither could multiple other ENT Docs up and down the Front Range. On a referral I went to see Dr. R. Through a course of treatment and surgery I am now healthy, no sinus issues, smell is back! I truly don't believe I would be better if I hadn't been lucky enough to be referred to Dr. Robertson. He and his staff are without a doubt the absolute best!!
Ellen Wheeler – Jan 07, 2021
Dr Robertson deserves 20 stars! As a patient I was scared. Dr Robertson was so professional and forthcoming about my tumor and outcome. His thorough explanation was kind and compassionate and I understood what he was saying. Before, during and after the surgery I was treated with the most wonderful and tender care. Dr Robertson and staff truly know what it is to be and give the best.
Jeanette Harris – Jan 07, 2021
Surgery went well. Very little pain & everybody took good care of patient.
Oct 02, 2020
I met with Dr Robertson concerning my thyroid cancer. He explained every detail about surgery and recovery. He was kind and considerate about my fears. He was amazing!
Sep 11, 2020
Dr Robertson is a very good doctor and his assistant is great. He has operated on both myself and my wife. But the office staff is terrible. It is obvious that the staff is overloaded. There are long waits when you call in and it was very difficult to talk with someone in our clinic in Fort Collins because the operator is located in Loveland. Scheduling my wife’s surgery took 5 days when it should have taken a day. She is scheduling for 6 doctors which is probably why. It also makes her difficult to deal with. You are required to check in at the office and then wait in your car for an appointment. We waited in our hot car, outside temp was 86 degrees, for almost 45 minuets because we were not told the appointment was changed from 1 PM to 1:30 PM. We had received an email reminder a couple days before saying 1 PM. Also, the receptionist at the front desk was very abrupt. Watching her for 10 plus minutes she was obviously very busy and overloaded based on the way she treated us.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Good doctor very poor office staff – Aug 15, 2020
My 85 YO dad had to have several lymph nodes in his neck removed due to metastatic carcinoma. Of course, he and my mom were nervous, confused, and all that was exacerbated by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. When we had questions about the surgery that was to occur the next day, Dr. Robertson personally called me to discuss and gave me his mobile number! He also called me immediately after the surgery to say it went well and tell me their findings. On top of all that, my dad’s recovery has gone swiftly and although he has an 8” scar, one week later it’s healed and nearly invisible. Dr. Robertson is an excellent surgeon and goes above and beyond for the comfort of the patient and their family.
Leigh Peterson – May 23, 2020
Such a skilled surgeon and such a caring and compassionate man! I was totally reassured prior to my surgery, knowing the superb results a good friend of mine had had with Dr, Robertson for a similar surgery (thyroidectomy). He kept me informed every step of the way—after the CT scan, after the surgery, and, most importantly, after the pathology report! I couldn’t be more pleased—or more grateful. Kathy M. April 16, 2020
Kathy M. – Apr 17, 2020
I've never felt more at ease before I met Dr. Robertson. His professional demeaner and positive approach comforts you from the very beginning. His wit and knowledge keep you hooked, and his skills as a surgeon will leave you astonished. Thank you is simply not enough. You da man Dr. Robertson
Kyle Berry – Mar 13, 2020
About 7 months ago, I was diagnosed with Stage 2 Throat cancer. I’ve never been a patient before. By chance I was referred to Dr. Robertson. He never once hesitated, he formulated a plan, he told me the likelihood of success, and he quarterbacked every area of my treatment plan. His medical assistant Nadine, always responded to my calls and questions within a business day. Several surgeries and procedures later, I can attest that his straight forward, no nonsense but approachable attitude saved my life and life enjoyment. I wasn’t supposed to be able to talk, I do that just fine, although with a southern accent. We joked about it being the new cosmetic surgery. I wasn’t supposed to enjoy food, it’s still delicious. God has given me another opportunity through the excellent and gifted work of Dr. Robertson and his staff. I’m presently cancer free, and enjoying my new lease on life, but if my throat cancer comes back: only Dr. Robertson getting the call.
Joshua from Cheyenne – Jan 22, 2020
My family and I would like to thank Dr. Robertson for the outstanding care that I received. On December 17th 2019 I had a large tumor at the base of my skull removed. Dr. Robertson's expertise and compassion made it easy for my family and I to proceed with the major surgery. He has an outstanding bedside manner. He took care of all my needs answered all my questions and provided comfort with all of my concerns with nothing but compassion and professionalism. My family and I are forever grateful for the outstanding care that I received from Dr. Robertson and all the staff at Alpine Ears Nose & Throat. My surgery was a huge success. I was so worried that I would need to have plastic surgery for my scarring but Dr. Robertson did an outstanding job and I have minimal scarring. Again a huge thank you to doctor Robertson and his staff for the outstanding care that they provided me.
Monica Northcutt – Jan 13, 2020
Dr. Robertson was recommended to me. From the first meeting I felt very comfortable with him, he is very personable. I had to have sinus surgery, in spite of everything I had heard about sinus surgery I was not afraid, I trusted him, and he did not disappoint. I am so much better since the surgery. Not a question that I would recommend him. I think he is great. Joy- Dec 10,
Joy Teska – Jan 08, 2020
I first met with Dr Robertson about a concern and after a test found out that I had a nodule on my thyroid. After another test I decided to have surgery which Dr. Robertson completed. All through my appts and surgery he was great, he has a great bedside manner and I felt he cared as much as I did. I would recommend Dr Robertson, he is professional, excellent at what he does and truly cares about his patients. If I ever need this type of care again I would definitely seek care from him. The office staff was also great, getting me into my appointments when needed and working with my schedule.
Jennie Brennan – Dec 18, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Robertson?

Dr. Robertson usually enters the room with a fist-bump or high five with children and a cordial conversation with adults. He will usually ask about your...Read more

Dr. Robertson moved to Colorado in 2006 after nearly a decade of medical and surgical training at the University of Cincinnati and Children's Hospital....Read more

• Ear, Nose, and Throat