Dr. Matthew Provencher, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

The Steadman Clinic 171 W Meadow Dr Ste 400 Vail, CO 81657 Get Directions
Dr. Matthew Provencher, MD
Dr. Matthew Provencher, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in Vail, CO. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Provencher is affiliated with Vail Valley Medical Center.

Dr. Provencher's Experience

See how Dr. Provencher's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Provencher

Dr. Provencher accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Provencher is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Provencher has admitting privileges.

Dr. Provencher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Provencher to family and friends
Dr. Provencher's Performance
The best doc ever! During college I injured my shoulder while playing baseball and never looked for help. 20 yrs later I started feeling pain and couldn’t go to the gym anymore. This guy is amazing – performed a high end surgery and everything went well. He followed my recovery closely and his whole team is outstanding. Hopefully I don’t get injured again, but if I do I will go back to Vail again!
My wife came to see Dr. Provencher for her shoulder pain. He spent 30 minutes talking to us and helping her figure out what is the best option for her. She ended up having a surgery and now 1 year out - she is 100% back to normal!! This guy is respectful and knows his stuff very well. Highly recommended!
in Longwood, FL |
I am so grateful for Dr. Provencher & Dr. LaPrade. These two professionals and their team (Dr. Jon Godin and Sam, P.A.) took extraordinary care of me after a skiing accident earlier this week while I was vacationing in Beaver Creek. I was not on the schedule to be seen, yet this team worked together effortlessly to provide pain relief and care at a moments notice. I am so grateful to all of them! I highly recommend you inquire with Dr. Provencher if ever you are in need of world class care.
I came to see Dr. Provencher for my shoulder pain. He was extremely helpful and spent over half an hour with me in the clinic looking for the best treatment for my shoulder. I got a steroid injection, started with physical therapy and so far my shoulder feels better. He is the third doctor I have seen and took the best care of me! I am so happy to have him close to my favorite ski area! All the best!
in Northborough, MA |
I was recommended to Dr. Provencher by another orthopedist for severe ac joint separation. He is extremely well qualified and I am very happy with the results. His PA Katy was a joy to work with and helped coordinate and assist in the surgery, making my operative experience as comfortable as possible. My only regret is that he is leaving the area, not that I am hoping or expecting to need his services again. Mass. General's loss.
in Dover, NH |
Very pleased with him and his staff. I was referred to him and another surgeon to discuss a bone graft for recurrent instability. I was comfortable with his thought process and recommendations where I had already had 6 prior shoulder surgeries so I made the decision to go with him versus the other surgeon.
in Carver, MA |
Successfully performed complex right knee ACL/PCL reconstructive surgery
Boston, MA |
Dr. Provencher was extremely attentive and caring during my appointments. Discussed my care plan in detail with me as well as what the possible next steps could be. He took the time to call me to see how I was feeling after an injection. This made me feel very cared for, and I would recommend him to anyone who wants top notch customer service and patient care from a brilliant surgeon.
in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma |
Dr. Provencher is a world class surgeon. I have commanded United States Marines overseas on the toughest + most austere of combat grounds in Afghanistan and if it wasn't for the work Dr. Provencher provided on my left and right knee, my career as an Infantry Officer in The United States Marine Corps would be over. He has repaired my LCL, ACL x2, and my MCL and after both surgeries my knees came back stronger than before the injurie. It is the greatest of honors to know this American Patriot.
Dr. Provencher is the absolute best! I trusted him with my life and would trust him with the lives of my children. He gets it!
in Boston, MA |
Dr. Provencher is one of the kindest doctors I've ever encountered. The care he and his staff has provided to me is incredible. His team, including Katie and Alex are awesome! Dr. P helped me so much and is great!!!
Doc. Provencher is the best! He is the second doc I've seen and decided not to operate on my shoulder. He talked to me and explained very well my condition. I ended up having a physical therapy and the pain is gone. I'm so happy!
Best experience ever! My initial shoulder dislocation was 15 yrs ago while playing football. Throughout last few years my shoulder felt unstable and I did not feel comfortable lifting as much as I use to. I went to Dr. Provencher and he recommended a graft procedure for my shoulder instability. I am 9 months post-op and everything went as predicted. Thank you Dr. Provencher!
Boston, MA |
He saved my shoulder, I'm so thankful to Dr. Provencher! Strongly recommended!
in Somerville, MA |
0 complaints. BEST doctor in the country.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Provencher, MD?
Are you Dr. Provencher?

Compare Dr. Provencher

Dr. Provencher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Dr. Provencher has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Provencher's Board Certifications

• Knee Ligament Rupture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Meniscus Injuries
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Aoa North American Traveling Fellowship

Completed in 2005

Aossm Sports Medicine-Surgery Traveling Fellowship

Completed in 2007

Dr. Provencher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Provencher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine