Dr. Matthew Poore, DDS

Dr. Matthew Poore, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Matthew Poore, DDS is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in East Stroudsburg, PA and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from University Of Maryland / Baltimore College Of Dental Surgery in 2002 and practices oral & maxillofacial surgery.Read his story

175 E Brown St Ste 201B

East Stroudsburg, PA 18301

Learn about Dr. Poore

Dr. Poore's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Poore "Dr. Matthew C. Poore is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. He has extensive experience in all facets of oral and maxillofacial surgery, anesthesia, and dental implant-related surgery. Originally from Rochester, NY, Dr. Poore moved to the Stroudsburg area in 2010. He chose the area because it provided him with the unique opportunity to establish a practice that serves a diverse and broad patient population in a beautiful setting. Dr. Poore's mission is to provide the highest quality oral and maxillofacial surgical services to his patients and to facilitate seamless continuity of care for all referring doctors. He believes in partnering with his patients to develop a plan for treatment. By allowing patients to be actively involved in their care, Dr. Poore believes that they will be able to make informed decisions about their treatment and feel more at ease during the procedure. He places specific emphasis on patient safety and comfort as well as treatment efficiency and cost-effectiveness. From the first phone call to the office until the final post-operative appointment, he strives for excellence in the entire patient experience. He began his education at the University of Rochester, earning his bachelor's degree (BA) in Biology. He received his dental degree (DDS) from the University of Maryland. Dr. Poore then completed an internship at the University Of Vermont College Of Medicine. From there, he completed his residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Nassau University Medical Center located on Long Island, NY. Dr. Poore is an active member of the medical staff at Pocono Medical Center in the Department of Surgery. He is also a member of numerous professional organizations. Among these, he is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, a Fellow of the American Associations of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, a member of the Pennsylvania Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and a member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology."

This content was provided by Dr. Poore "I want my patients to experience the best treatment possible in an environment that makes them feel safe and at ease. I believe that communication is key, from getting to know my patients on a personal level to maintaining seamless continuity of care between our practice and the referring dental offices and other referring healthcare providers. Providing the best possible care for my patients is my top priority."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University Of Rochester
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Nassau University Medical Center
  • American Associations Of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Poore has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Poore has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Poore does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Poore and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Poore's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Poore to family and friends
3.3
based on 34 total reviews (15 with comments)

Dr. Poore's Performance

Scheduling
Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

Staff was professional & knowledgeable yet patient & understanding. Assistant was very kind & reassuring. Dr. Poore was wonderful. Explained process, was patient & gentle. Very concerned about my comfort. Would highly recommend.
Dr. Poore and his staff were very professional, caring and patient during my recent visits for multiple extractions. I will certainly recommend Dr. Poore to my family and friends for their oral surgery needs.

Thank you, Thomas, for recommending our practice. You were an absolute pleasure to work with. Knowing about your experience at our practice allows us to give future patients exceptional care and provide the best possible outcome. Thank you so much for leaving this review and letting us know how we did.

Dr Poore is one of the most compassionate Dr's I have ever came across. I trust my children lives in his hands

It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible, Henry. It is vital to our business to know how we are doing, and we are very thankful that you took the time to let us know we are on track and providing exceptional care. This is our top priority.

Very unethical, he should not have his medical license at all. He's lucky he has all his teeth because its very surprising someone has not punched him in his face. Extremely rude and unprofessional. I beg you do not go here.
This isn't one oral surgeon I would NOT go to ever again Ask him about anything he will tell you to look it up on the internet. Very rude I'm a cancer survivor from 2007 and have severe tooth and gun issues. He wouldn't take any action or call me back. Very unprofessional. When I did call him back...more

We have tried to reach you, but have not gotten a response. We are more than happy to treat you. We strive to treat all of our patients with compassion, especially those who have battled cancer. That is why the inherent risks of surgery and recommended perioperative therapy are thoroughly discussed. Due to HIPAA laws, we cannot comment on your specific situation online. Patient satisfaction and quality of care are our utmost priorities. Please call us at (570) 424-1190.