Dr. Matthew C. Poore, DDS

Dr. Matthew C. Poore, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

Learn about this dentist

When I started this practice in East Stroudsburg, I had the vision of developing the most highly-coordinated oral and maxillofacial surgery facility in all of Monroe County. Oral surgery of any kind can make some patients apprehensive, so I wanted to ensure that the experience was as easy as possible for them. I strive to maintain seamless continuity of care between our practice and the referring dental offices, the hospital emergency room and other referring healthcare providers. We treat a wide variety of complex health problems associated with the mouth, face, and jaws here in our clinic. In addition, we are certified to provide outpatient anesthesia services to maximize patient comfort during surgery. Given the scope of services offered, we see patients here in our East Stroudsburg office from all over the greater Monroe County area and beyond. So, whether you've lost teeth and are seeking to replace them with dental implants, have impacted wisdom teeth or canines, suffer from a pathologic condition of the oral cavity or face, or have suffered a traumatic facial injury, we have a solution to fit your needs here at our practice. I am very passionate about keeping my patients informed and involved in every step of the treatment process to ensure that they receive the desired surgical outcome in a safe, comfortable and cost-effective manner. The entire team here are Monroe Oral Maxillofacial & Implant Surgery strives for excellence in providing a compassionate patient experience and delivering the optimal outcome to each and every patient. I encourage you to browse our website (www.stroudsburgoralsurgery.com) and give our office a call if you are in need of any of our surgical services. We look forward to seeing you and providing you with the highest level of care possible at our state-of-the art facility.Read more

Dr. Poore's Experience

Visiting Dr. Poore

Dr. Poore accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Poore has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Poore's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Poore to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Poore
Dr. Poore's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (20)
in Pocono Summit, PA |
What an animal! He's the only one in the county who takes my insurance. It took 7 months to see him! Once in, he stood in the room with his back turned, provided only rude, snide comments rather than medical answers to my appropriate medical questions, then had a hissy fit, said "let me let you go, then" and removed my bib. I left untreated. His last name says it all - "POOR!" Poor service, communication skills, bedside manner, decor & broken surgical chair with only one working arm rest.
in East Stroudsburg, PA |
I recently had my wisdom teeth extraction surgery at Dr. Poore's office. The surgery couldn't have gone better. He and his staff answered all of my questions and made the whole experience as smooth as possible. I would highly recommend Dr. Poore for your oral surgery.
in Lansord, PA |
Dr. Poore and staff are absolutely amazing! I am a complete chicken when it comes to the dentist! My first visit didn't go so well because of my complete fear! But my second visit went GREAT! Dr. Poore took the time to coddle my inner chicken and was very patient with me guiding and encouraging me threw the whole procedure! Second visit went even smoother! So much so brought tears of joy! I wanted to write so much more but only allowed so many characters here! Dr. Poore is great!!
in Bushkill, PA |
I was referred to Dr Poore by my regular dentist and his office. Dr Poore and his staff were very professional, thorough, and quickly accommodated me for my tooth extraction. Other area dentists were booked very far out for anesthesia or wanted a lot of money. Dr. Poore's staff got me in as soon as he could and his price was very reasonable. Would absolutely recommend him to anyone.
in East Stroudsburg, PA |
When I came to have 4 wisdom teeth extracted I awoke during the procedure my eyes were covered by someones hand and told calm down. I was put back under. Dr. Poore never told my mother his happened. He knew I had an anxiety condition. When I awoke after the procedure I was crying hyperventilating and shaking he said a lot of people react like that. A week later at my follow up I was told by him that he doesn't remember he did 200 procedures since then and was very rude and evasive.
in Pa |
I didn't really feel like he cared. I got the sense that he was impatient with me, and when I was thanking him, he hardly responded to me, or even glanced up from his clipboard. Just disappointing because that wasn't the initial vibe I had gotten from him.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew C. Poore, DDS?
Are you Dr. Poore?

Compare Dr. Poore

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Poore's Care Philosophy

We treat a wide variety of complex health problems associated with the mouth, face, and jaws here in our clinic.  In addition, we are certified to provide outpatient anesthesia services to maximize patient comfort during surgery.

Given the scope of services offered, we see patients here in our East Stroudsburg office from all over the greater Monroe County area and beyond.  So, whether you've lost teeth and are seeking to replace them with dental implants, have impacted wisdom teeth or canines, suffer from a pathologic condition of the oral cavity or face, or have suffered a traumatic facial injury, we have a solution to fit your needs here at our practice. I am very passionate about keeping my patients informed and involved in every step of the treatment process to ensure that they receive the desired surgical outcome in a safe, comfortable and cost-effective manner.

Dr. Poore's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Dental Bone Loss

Nassau University Medical Center
    American Associations Of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
    University Of Rochester

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Poore does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Poore and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Orthognathic Surgery
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.