Dr. Matthew Poore, DDS

Dr. Matthew Poore, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

I want my patients to experience the best treatment possible in an environment that makes them feel safe and at ease. I believe that communication is key, from getting to know my patients on a personal level to maintaining seamless continuity of care between our practice and the referring dental offices and other referring healthcare providers. Providing the best possible care for my patients is my top priority.

Dr. Matthew C. Poore is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. He has extensive experience in all facets of oral and maxillofacial surgery, anesthesia, and dental implant-related surgery. Originally from Rochester, NY, Dr. Poore moved to the Stroudsburg area in 2010. He chose the area because it provided him with the unique opportunity to establish a practice that serves a diverse and broad patient population in a beautiful setting. Dr. Poore's mission is to provide the highest quality oral and maxillofacial surgical services to his patients and to facilitate seamless continuity of care for all referring doctors. He believes in partnering with his patients to develop a plan for treatment. By allowing patients to be actively involved in their care, Dr. Poore believes that they will be able to make informed decisions about their treatment and feel more at ease during the procedure. He places specific emphasis on patient safety and comfort as well as treatment efficiency and cost-effectiveness. From the first phone call to the office until the final post-operative appointment, he strives for excellence in the entire patient experience. He began his education at the University of Rochester, earning his bachelor's degree (BA) in Biology. He received his dental degree (DDS) from the University of Maryland. Dr. Poore then completed an internship at the University Of Vermont College Of Medicine. From there, he completed his residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Nassau University Medical Center located on Long Island, NY. Dr. Poore is an active member of the medical staff at Pocono Medical Center in the Department of Surgery. He is also a member of numerous professional organizations. Among these, he is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, a Fellow of the American Associations of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, a member of the Pennsylvania Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and a member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Poore's Experience

Visiting Dr. Poore

Dr. Poore accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Poore has admitting privileges.

Dr. Poore's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Poore to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Poore's Performance
in Stroudsburg, PA |
I had an extraction done at Dr Poore office. The staff was professional and very knowledgeable of everything pertaining to my visit. Dr Poore was professional and very patient with me. This was my first time getting this type of procedure done so I didn't know what to expect. The procedure went very well and I felt no discomfort at all. He was very gentle and made sure that I was comfortable throughout my visit. I highly recommend Dr Poore .
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience.
Dr Poore has placed implants on me and most recently removed an invasive cyst from my upper jaw. He was the only doctor I saw who could diagnose the cyst. His office has a 3-D Cat scanner that clearly showed the cyst, which he removed the same day. I highly recommend Dr Poore and his professional staff.
Our pleasure! Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience. If you need anything in the future, we'd be happy to assist.
Dr. Poore has treated my daughter for all of her oral surgery needs for the past 7 years. She needed to have teeth and a jaw tumor removed prior to getting braces. Most recently, she had her wisdom teeth removed. We can say she has finally completed all of her treatment and we are thrilled to be done! Dr. Poore and his staff made this process as easy as it could be, and my daughter had no discomfort during the procedures and minimal down-time afterwards. We highly recommend Dr. Poore.
We're so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed working with our staff. Thank you for choosing us!
Bushkill, PA |
Great as far as removing teeth quickly and semi painlessly... his attitude personality on the other hand is extremely crappy . He's rude and nasty. He doesn't communicate well with patients. Or at least myself. I tried to make small talk considering I was extremely nervous he had his back turned the whole time no reassursnce no smile no nothing.He needs to work on his communication and relationship building like he describes in his little bio! Also waited for ever for an appointment
We are unable to comment on your specific situation or reach out to you because no name was provided, but please know that patient satisfaction and quality of care are our utmost priorities. If you did in fact have a negative experience at our practice, we would like to speak with you directly and resolve this as soon as possible. Please call us at (570) 424-1190. Thank you.
Stroudsburg, PA |
Dr Matthew c. Poorer is full of himself and seems to feel that he is beyond mistakes he extracted my teeth leaving pieces of teeth in my gum when I returned to show hem he insisted it was bone but it was not bone the pieces of tooth finely came out
The development of irregularities in the bone following multiple extractions is a very common finding and often part of the normal healing process. If you were seen for a post-operative evaluation with the doctor and he indicated this to you, then he would have advised you to return for any necessary follow-up. Since we cannot confirm your identity, we cannot reach out to you, but would welcome any inquiry you may have. If you would like to discuss this further, please call us at (570) 424-1190
in Pocono Summit, PA |
What an animal! He's the only one in the county who takes my insurance. It took 7 months to see him! Once in, he stood in the room with his back turned, provided only rude, snide comments rather than medical answers to my appropriate medical questions, then had a hissy fit, said "let me let you go, then" and removed my bib. I left untreated. His last name says it all - "POOR!" Poor service, communication skills, bedside manner, decor & broken surgical chair with only one working arm rest.
in East Stroudsburg, PA |
I recently had my wisdom teeth extraction surgery at Dr. Poore's office. The surgery couldn't have gone better. He and his staff answered all of my questions and made the whole experience as smooth as possible. I would highly recommend Dr. Poore for your oral surgery.
in Lansord, PA |
Dr. Poore and staff are absolutely amazing! I am a complete chicken when it comes to the dentist! My first visit didn't go so well because of my complete fear! But my second visit went GREAT! Dr. Poore took the time to coddle my inner chicken and was very patient with me guiding and encouraging me threw the whole procedure! Second visit went even smoother! So much so brought tears of joy! I wanted to write so much more but only allowed so many characters here! Dr. Poore is great!!
in Bushkill, PA |
I was referred to Dr Poore by my regular dentist and his office. Dr Poore and his staff were very professional, thorough, and quickly accommodated me for my tooth extraction. Other area dentists were booked very far out for anesthesia or wanted a lot of money. Dr. Poore's staff got me in as soon as he could and his price was very reasonable. Would absolutely recommend him to anyone.
in East Stroudsburg, PA |
When I came to have 4 wisdom teeth extracted I awoke during the procedure my eyes were covered by someones hand and told calm down. I was put back under. Dr. Poore never told my mother his happened. He knew I had an anxiety condition. When I awoke after the procedure I was crying hyperventilating and shaking he said a lot of people react like that. A week later at my follow up I was told by him that he doesn't remember he did 200 procedures since then and was very rude and evasive.
in Pa |
I didn't really feel like he cared. I got the sense that he was impatient with me, and when I was thanking him, he hardly responded to me, or even glanced up from his clipboard. Just disappointing because that wasn't the initial vibe I had gotten from him.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Poore, DDS?

Compare Dr. Poore

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Poore says...

Dr. Poore's Care Philosophy

Dr. Poore's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Dental Bone Loss

Nassau University Medical Center
    American Associations of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
    University of Rochester

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Poore does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Poore and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery