Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD

Child & Adolescent PsychiatryMaleAge 57

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Toms River, NJ and has over 31 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from UMDNJ-- New Jersey Medical School medical school in 1991. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD

Rajat Dhar, MD

2446 Church Rd Ste 2d Toms River, NJ 08753
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Pitera with our nearby Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists at Hackensack Meridian Health Ocean Medical Center Brick.

Make an appointment at Hackensack Meridian Health Ocean Medical Center Brick today at (732) 201-3872.

These providers are on the medical staff of Hackensack Meridian Health Ocean Medical Center Brick.

Dr. Pitera's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pitera

2.5

Dr. Pitera

I have however either their health insurance didn’t cover him and or vice versa. I have been treating with Dr. Pitera for at least 15- years now and let me first state an important message- Doctor Pitera is the only psychiatrist to ever give me the correct diagnosis and medication!!! I had gone to a few psychiatrists before whom gave me the wrong medicine and wrong diagnosis so I thank God that he lead me to this wonderful man and doctor. The office is run by him and his funny welcoming compassionate wife Mary- there are not enough adjectives to describe how truly amazing these two people are!!! I read a couple of reviews written by other patients and I wanted to say my opinion because I don’t understand how they could write about wait times/ first of all my appointments had to be delayed not because of Dr. Pitera because a patient was having an emergency issue. These are two of the best human beings I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing!!!Dr. Pitera is intelligent,kind,and listens.
Jennifer Veltre – Jan 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD?
My star rating is -1 (below 0). After being a patient for 20+ years, Mary, his second wife refused to renew my prescriptions and expelled me from the practice without notification.
Jun 10, 2021
Mary does not prescribe or refill any medication....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD?
Terrible. The office manager Mary is a disgrace to the practice. It is almost impossible to get her on the phone. She should be fired ASAP if this business wants to be successful.
Sep 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD?
Horrible experience with office manager. HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT. do not recommend bringing your children here. Beyond disrespectful and an absolute disgrace the way the receptionist/manager handles herself. No common decency or courtesy. I’m horrified.
May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD?
Never been treated so poorly in my life. The receptionist/office manager was beyond rude and unhelpful. She was disgustingly disrespectful, yelling, even screaming shut up as I try to voice my concerns. Never once did any of my NUMEROUS phone calls get returned. And when I would call back over and over desperately trying to get help for my son she was annoyed and showed zero compassion or understanding. The way she treated myself and my husband was an absolute disgrace and should not be tolerated. She has no right or business being the face of the office because she will run it into the ground. I am appalled so much so I will not stop at only writing this review. No person deserves to be treated or spoken to the way she does. Ido not recommend bringing your child here solely because of her.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
May 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD?
when my child was going to him he was on way to many medications. Was making our child worse.
Oct 13, 2019
Excellent care
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD?
Dr. Pitera seems to have good knowledge of the medications he prescribes. However, it is ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to get him or his office "manager" (and only employee/wife) on the phone. When you leave messages, they NEVER GET RETURNED, When you are finally lucky enough to reach Mary (office manager) on the phone, she will never apologize for not returning your phone calls. I have no doubt that my own mental illness was made WORSE by my frustrating dealings with his office manager.
Ivy in Manchester – Apr 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD?
Dangerous doctor. Doesn't care about his patients.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Toms River, NJ – Aug 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD?
Dr.pitera is an outstanding psychiatrist, I had seen seven psychiatrists before going to him and I had given up at that point. This man is credited with saving my life, he doesn't lie to you or beat around the bush, he listened to me and didn't push me out the door with a prescription and have me talk to a psychologist, he pays attention to details. Pitera is an old school doctor who's not worried about cutting your time short so he can get to the next patient, a rare quality to find nowadays.
ADM in Brick, NJ – Feb 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD?
I've been going to Dr. Pitera for years, and he has helped me immeasurably. He always pays close attention to you, and makes sure to fully answer your questions & address your concerns. He's also always very knowledgeable and professional. After struggling with depression and anxiety for my entire life, we finally found the combination of medications that I needed, and I've been doing so much better. The only downside is that his office hours are irregular and he's sometimes hard to contact.
AJ – Jan 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Pitera, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pitera?