Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Matthew Noyes, MD
Dr. Noyes attended The Ohio State University to play Rugby for the Buckeyes and obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy. After practicing for a couple of years, he decided he could make a bigger impact in patients lives by becoming a surgeon. He attended University of Toledo for his medical degree. He completed his orthopaedic surgical training at Wright State University, where he took care of athletes for the University of Dayton Flyers. He completed fellowships in shoulder replacement surgery with Dr. Edwin Spencer in Knoxville, Tennessee and advanced shoulder arthroscopy training with Dr. Patrick Denard in Medford, Oregon. Both of these surgeons have been named top 20 shoulder surgeons in the US in the past 5 years. Finally, Dr. Noyes completed fellowship training with Dr. Bernard Morrey, a world famous elbow surgeon at the University of Texas San Antonio, where he was trained on the Tenex procedure, a new surgical procedure to treat chronic tendon pain of the elbow, shoulder, knee, hip and ankle that is performed while the patient is awake and does not require sutures to close the incision.

999 N Main St

Akron, OH 44310

• AultCare Insurance Company
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Noyes

As a shoulder specialist and former physical therapist, very few physicians have the experience and knowledge to make the correct diagnosis and more importantly assist patients in making the best decision for their treatment.  My understanding of what truly needs surgery versus nonoperative treatment with a formal rehabilitation program is unparalleled.

Dr. Noyes' Experience

Dr. Noyes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Arthritis of the Shoulder
  • Biceps Tendinitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Golfer's Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Instability
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Thumb Basal Joint Arthritis

• Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Rotator Cuff and Labral Repair
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Ohio State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • University Of Toledo College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • Wright St U Sch Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Oregon Shoulder Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Noyes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Noyes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Noyes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Noyes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Noyes to family and friends
Dr. Noyes' Performance
in Seville, OH |
Outstanding surgeon! Can't say enough about the procedure he performed on my total reverse shoulder replacement. Results are far better than expected. Would recommend him to anyone that needs that operation done.
Tallmadge, OH |
My shoulder was stiff and painful after injuring it in exercise class seven months earlier. I had seen a chiropractor and two orthopedic surgeons. I had an MRI, went to physical therapy, had three cortisone injections and was not making any progress. A nurse friend told me to go see Dr. Noyes. Dr. Noyes asked many questions and listened to me. Dr. Noyes did another injection using a different approach and I finally saw improvement. I would not see anyone else!
in Cuy Falls OH |
I've only seen Dr. Noyes twice for my shoulder but I've had both shoulders rotators fixed over the past ten years at The Cleveland Clinic and Dr. Noyes gave me more advice and solutions in a couple of visits than I had at C.C. even after 2 surgeries. I won't hesitate to have him as my Doctor from now on! I will recommend him to all my family and friends who want REAL help and INFORMATION....
Canton, OH |
What a great doctor is totally for medical marijuana he did my shoulder and can't be more happy highly recommended!!
Tallmadge, OH |
Very helpful staff and well managed office.
in Ravenna, OH |
So knowledgeable and practical. He was able to diagnose my condition after the first touch. He was very friendly and realistic about my options which I appreciate. Great guy!
in Akron, OH |
I have been to Dr. Noyes 3 times. He treats me like I'm important. He lets me ask questions and he answers my questions and doesn't hurry me. I have been seen by 2 other doctors in this office for my shoulder problem. Both of them made me feel like I was taking up their time. I would recommend Dr. Noyes to anyone who has this type of problem.
in Kent, OH |
I had tennis elbow in BOTH elbows (can't do anything halfway) and Dr Noyes performed the Tenex procedure on both of them a year apart. The first elbow is at 90% and the second one I had done just 3 weeks ago and is mending very nicely. Highly recommend Dr. Noyes
in Akron, Ohio |
Thanks to Dr. Noyes, my mom is almost back to where she was before falling and breaking her hip. The only good thing that we were blessed with is Dr. Noyes. He has been so patient and kind to us and never made my 90-year old mother feel old or that she wouldn't recover. I am so grateful for his talent and his ability to help his patients. Even at his youthful age, he knows how to deal with all ages and all injuries and allowed us to ask questions and feel comfortable with his answers.
in Barberton, OH |
Dr.Noyes did a right shoulder reverse surgery about 1.5 years ago on me. It has healed up good with a lot of motion in it now. The scar you can hardly see.
Kent, OH |
His answers were very scientific. I had to go home and google some of it so I understood better.
Aurora, OH |
Staff was attentive and in a word "efficient"
in Kent, OH |
DR. NOYES IS A VERY PERSONAL AND COMPASSIONATE PHYSICIAN WITH EXPERT KNOWLEDGE OF HIS FIELD OF ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY OF SHOULDER AND ELBOW SERVICE. BEFORE MY DATE OF SURGERY, DR.NOYES SENT ME PICTURES VIA EMAIL OF MY X-RAYS, WHERE I HAD BROKEN OFF PART OF MY SHOULDER. AFTER MY SURGERY, I EXPERIENCED VERY LITTLE DISCOMFORT. AT MY FIRST POST-OP APPOINTMENT, DR.NOYES SHOWED ME THE SURGICAL PROCEDURE DONE ON MY LEFT SHOULDER , IT WAS AMAZING!! I WAS ALSO GIVEN MY PERSONAL REHABILITATION PLAN.
in Norton, OH |
I was in a lot of pain when I walked in Dr. Noyes' office. I was agitated and anxious, to say the least. The minute Dr. Noyes walked into the exam room and introduced himself to me, I was put at ease. He explained his exam to me and made sure I understood everything he was telling me. I just wanted the pain to go away. He offered a cortisone injection, which I accepted. He said he would know if it gave me relief before I left. Within minutes of receiving the injection, I felt much better.
in Tallmadge, OH |
Dr. Noyes was very informative, he explained what the surgery would entail and what to expect afterwards. He is very professional and we are very pleased with the results so far. We were able to see him very quickly and did not have to sit around the office waiting to be seen.
in Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
Dr, Noyes is professional but has a bed-side manor that instantly puts you at ease. He's wonderful. Highly recommend.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Noyes, MD?
Are you Dr. Noyes?