Dr. Matthew Niesen, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics | Male

Dr. Matthew Niesen, MD
Dr. Matthew Niesen, MD is a joint replacement & reconstruction orthopedics doctor who practices in Columbus, WI. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Niesen is affiliated with Columbus Community Hospital.

Dr. Niesen's Care Philosophy

I treat every patient I see like they are my friend or family member. I provide all of my patients the care and attention the need and deserve. I will help you completely understand your diagnosis and all of your treatment options and will guide you to achieving the best outcome possible.

Dr. Niesen's Experience

See how Dr. Niesen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Niesen

Dr. Niesen accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Niesen is now accepting new patients
Prairie Ridge Center of Orthopedic Excellence1511 Park Ave
Columbus, WI 53925
Evening
(920) 623-1200Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Niesen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Niesen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Niesen to family and friends
Dr. Niesen's Performance
in waterloo wi |
The best by far!!
in Madison, WI |
Im very lucky to have him as my surgeon! I love my new custom knee replacement!!
Beaver Dam, Wi |
I recently had a Conformis full knee replacement completed by Dr Niesen. He is enthusiastic about advances in replacements and explains the procedure thoroughly. He even checked in at physical therapy a couple of times to see how I was doing. At six weeks I am walking unaided and going canoeing and bike riding. Hoping to return to ballroom dancing in two weeks. A great physical therapist sure adds to the success of the surgery.
in Fall River, WI |
I Love Dr. Niesen! I would highly recommend him! I had a broken arm that did not heal and he did surgery to fix it with a plate and screws. I am so thankful to have my arm back! I also had 2 knee replacements. The surgerys went perfectly. They have both healed perfectly and I look forward to many pain free years with my new knees! He Is a very caring and concerned doctor. And very skilled doctor! I was very impressed with the whole program at Prairie Ridge. Thank You Dr. Niesen!!
in Beaver Dam, WI |
A very caring doctor who listens and answers all of your questions fully. full knee replacement was done and now on the road to recovering. Ease in contacting him thru My Chart and personally answers your questions and concerns. Also, after 3 months they have a reunion of everyone who has had a joint replaced by him along with your coach. Excellent lunch and able to hear other patients comments. A great time and nice to see everyone recovering from their surgery and doing well. Excellent DR
in Beaver Dam, WI |
I have seen many doctors over the many years with regards to a hip disease that I have had since childhood. Without a doubt, he was the best! I knew immediately that Dr. Niesen was the right person to do the surgery. I felt he was truly concerned with my well being, and I was just not another number. He was very caring and knowledgeable about my condition. I would certainly recommend him to anyone that needs to intelligent & caring doctor. All I would say is thank you for such a great job.
in columbus |
He is the best! He did my hip replacement surgery in oct 2015 and then 3 weeks later I fell and broke my femur in 2 places on the same side as hip replacement. Then in Nov 2015 I got infection in my leg and Dr. Niesen went back in to clean out the area, then it healed well.
in Columbus, WI |
I would recommend him because he is a very good surgeon with a great bedside manner. He is concerned about me and made me feel very comfortable throughout the whole process. My knee replacement came out beautifully. So much so, that I am looking forward to having my second one done in a few months. He has such concern and caring for his patients that he even came in the day after he had a major accident just to make sure his patients were taken care of. Very dedicated and wonderful.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Niesen, MD?
Are you Dr. Niesen?

Compare Dr. Niesen

Dr. Niesen's Care Philosophy

I treat every patient I see like they are my friend or family member. I provide all of my patients the care and attention the need and deserve.  I will help you completely understand your diagnosis and all of your treatment options and will guide you to achieving the best outcome possible.

Dr. Niesen says...

After completing residency at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) I elected to complete additional fellowship training in joint replacement, specifically focusing on hip and knee replacement, at Mayo Clinic. With this additional year of specialized training, I provide patients a level of care that is difficult to find anywhere else. I specialize in arthritis and joint replacement surgery.

• Hip arthritis - anterior hip replacement, posterior hip replacement
  • Knee arthritis
  • Shoulder arthritis
  • Pain following joint replacement
  • Revision joint replacement
  • Orthopedic trauma: Hip fractures, distal radius fractures, tibia fractures, ankle fractures, etc.
  • Sports medicine: ACL tear, meniscus tears, rotator cuff tear
  • Hand surgery: Carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, ganglion cyst
  • General orthopedic surgery

Dr. Niesen says...

I completed an additional fellowship year at Mayo Clinic after residency focusing on hip, knee and shoulder replacement specifically.  This level of training allows me to perform the most basic to the most complex joint replacements and revision joint replacements.  There are only a handful of surgeons in the state of Wisconsin who have a fellowship in joint replacement.  My recommendation is to have a surgeon with a fellowship perform your joint replacement.

Yes, I do perform anterior hip replacements

Dr. Niesen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Mayo Medical School

Completed in 2015

University Of Wisconsin-Madison

Graduated in 2004

Dr. Niesen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Niesen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics