Family Medicine  |
Dr. Matthew Nicola, MD
Dr. Matthew Nicola, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Canyon Lake, TX. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

13201 FM 306

Canyon Lake, TX 78133

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Nicola

Dr. Nicola's Experience

Dr. Nicola's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Univ Of Tx Med Branch Galveston
    Medical School | Graduated 1996

Dr. Nicola has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nicola does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nicola and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nicola's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nicola to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Nicola's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
in Canyon Lake tx |
Dr Nicola Is a good doctor but it doesn't say much about his staff answering phone calls. The woman taking my appointment yelled out my name and said Dr Nicola does not fill ADHD medication for pts. Over the age of 18. You need to go to a psychiatrist for this. I was humiliated and upset when she yelled to me that I would have to talk to the office manager Brenda who was nice. I feel HIPPA policy was compromised. My husband was a witness to the conversation in which he heard her say this.
in Spring Branch, Tx |
All appointments have been with PA's. Delivered medical records but based on visits the medical records are not reviewed to determine care. You get care based on your current condition only versus medical history plus current conditions. Referrals to specialist are done without consideration of insurance. Prescriptions are sent to the pharmacy without discussion with the patient or an explanation of why the prescription was issued. The wait time is short to see a PA.
in Canyon Lake TX |
Dr. Nicola is an excellent Doctor and is a special and caring person. He saved my life. However office policies are not all good. As a vet I learned my Viet Nam tour exposed me to Agents Orange, White and Purple. VA needs either forms filled out by Doctor or copies of records. Policy, don't do disability forms, for copy of records I have to pay 50 cents a page. I'm retired enlisted on SSI and going blind. 50 cents is a killer. I just found out office manager is Mrs. Nicola.
in New Braunfels, TX |
Dr. Nicola is obviously very intelligent. He listens thoughtfully to concerns and treats them appropriately. He inspires trust on every level.
in Bulverde, TX |
Very nice and personable. Appears to be interested in your problems and has a good bed side manor. I don't get to see him very often but his staff of Physician Assistants seem to be very good and competent.
in Spring Branch, TX |
I have never had to wait for my appointment. The office does a great job of scheduling the appointment. I am very confident in Dr. Nicola. I trust the referrals (when needed) the doctor gives me.
in Bulverde, TX |
Very knowledgeable...asks lots of questions to understand more about me and how I am feeling.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Nicola, MD?
Are you Dr. Nicola?