Dr. Matthew Murray, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 41

Dr. Murray

Dr. Matthew Murray, MD is a sports medicine specialist in San Antonio, TX and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio in 2005 and specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic surgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Murray accepts

Dr. Murray accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Medicaid
Molina Healthcare
Molina
Universal American

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Murray treats your condition or procedure

• Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Ligament Reconstruction
  • Knee Osteotomy
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Injuries
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tendonitis
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Murray specializes in treating major injuries and minor sprains in athletes and weekend warriors, alike. He is committed to getting you back to your active lifestyle with conservative treatment or surgery, if necessary.

• Sports Medicine

95.34883720930233%

Dr. Murray?
Dr. Murray's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Murray, MD
Dr. Murray is in a class of his own. His positive attitude and great customer care is absolutely the BEST! His staff is exceptional and a class of elite specialist. I had should surgery and Dr. Murray was my orthopedic surgeon. I've lived all over the country and never have I seen such professionalism with a big touch of charisma in a doctor like Dr. Murray has. I would definitely recommend him to anyone that needs orthopedic care. He is the "BEST OF THE BEST!"
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
He is THE very best orthopedic surgeon anywhere!! And I know a lot of orthopedics. Everybody in San Antonio should be going to this guy he is the best!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Thanks Dr. Murray for getting me back on my feet and moving in such a short time after my knee injury. You and your staff were so nice to me and family. I will recommend you to anyone that ask questions about when and where I had my knee fixed!!!! Thank you again forever grateful to you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Dr. Mathew Murray is an exceptional Orthopedic Surgeon. He gained my trust and comfort by providing a thorough explanation of my injury, the surgery process, and the rehab process. Although my shoulder injury was a complex one; he was able to repair it back to its functioning state and is now in a better condition than prior to injury. He is a true expert in his profession…he is honest, caring, and trustworthy. Dr. Murray, I am grateful to you for the care and service you provided. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray is a truly excellent Orthopedic Surgeon. He truly cares for his patients. He took his time to explain to me everything before the surgery as well as the physical therapy I would need after surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs any orthopedic surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Excellent Ortho. Post surgery therapy protocol the best to get athletes back in to action. Well explained plan of care before and after surgery. Follow up appointment he will explain where you are at and what is the next step and what to expect.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
I'd refer Dr. Murray without hesitation. He is a skilled surgeon and my recovery was super quick. Thank you to Dr. Murray and his staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
I broke my knee cap in a car accident and I knew I'd be out of commission for months. At 45 yrs old I was scared and worried about my injury, my needed surgery and most importantly my recovery. I am PTA Council Pres. for 10 East Central ISD schools, sports team mom and all that required many hours running around and driving all over town. It was a true blessing to be referred to Ortho SA & the staff there. I am on my way to recovery and back to driving and giving back to my community.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Excellent Dr I would recommend him to anybody who needs surgery. He got me back to running Thanks Dr Murray!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
I was referred to Dr, Murray by my wife and he is every bit as phenomenal as she said he would be. He diagnosed me, explained how he was going to fix the problem, and had me scheduled for surgery within two weeks so I could continue my Ironman training. He was personable but to the point. His staff was extremely professional and friendly. I will continue to recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray was the 3rd orthopedic opinion I sought after finding out I had a labral tear in my left hip. His office was extremely accommodating on the day of my appointment, even allowing me to combine my initial consult with a conversation with Dr. Murray himself to schedule the surgery. The efficiency of scheduling and consideration of my time was greatly appreciated. My surgery was November 14, 2017, and I am feeling FANTASTIC today. The rehabilitation process was amazing, thanks to Dr. Mur
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray was the best doctor I’ve ever had. I had a major shoulder surgery. He took time to explain everything that would happen during surgery, share options and guide me as a patient towards getting healthy again! The surgery center he operated at was efficient and clean. His treatment worked like a charm and I’m back to 100% in a short amount of time. I’d recommend Dr. Murray to anyone needing orthopedic care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Terrible experience. Spent at most two minutes with the doctor for an very complex injury that I have seen multiple doctors for, was given what I believe to be a premature diagnosis (a "go to" for hip injuries without taking a full assessment and ruling out all possible alternatives). Office staff was inattentive and on their phones which only added to my frustrations.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Nothing but great things to say about Dr. Murray! Everything was made as simple as possible, from my first appointment to surgery, to the post operation visits. Dr. Murray was amazing, and even to the time to explain and show my daughter how things worked with my surgery. She wants to be an orthopedic surgeon, so he did as much as he could to show her and inform her of what he does. It was amazing!! He goes the extra mile and is honest about what it is going to take to get you back to normal.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Had occasion to see Dr. Murray his professional care and immediate actions to diagnose and get positive results were impeccable... Dr. Murray is the go to Orthopedic Dr. in San Antonio... heck south Texas for that matter!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray is simply the best! Words cannot describe great the professionalism, knowledge of his profession, and bedside manner he possess. I cannot be more thankful for him and his staff for all they have done to help me be back to my best. Thank you thank you for fantastic surgical skills!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
We scheduled a surgery and were handed a pre-printed Brochure. We had some questions and tried calling the doctors office at least 5 time in 3 days time. The nurses were unavailable all the time. Each time we left a voicemail and also requested the scheduling staff to get us a call back from the nurse. We did not get a single call back. It was highly unresponsive. Have decided to drive over and get the surgery related questions answered in-person. Not very happy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Dr. Murray is very impressive. He is optimistic and energetic which helped alleviate my concerns after a serious injury. He successfully repaired my torn quadricep tendon, and I could not be happier with the results. I highly recommend Dr. Murray.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Dr. Matthew Murray is the best! I was in a car accident a couple of months ago that left my shoulder in constant pain. I found out I needed surgery to repair my shoulder and Dr. Murray was highly recommended. His staff is so amazing, nice and professional as was he. Dr. Murray answered all of my questions and explained everything thoroughly which is rare since most doctors are always rushing to leave. I’m so happy with my results and I am thankful Dr. Murray and his team helped me along the way.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Dr.Murray is definitely one cool cat he's friendly, treats you well, does a great surgery as my knee can attest to and has a phenomenal attitude about your health and what you need to do to get your parts he fixed back in order his staff is phenomenal as well. He helps out as much as he can throughout the whole process on all levels. if I ever have the misfortune of needing another surgery that's orthopedic Dr. Murray is gonna be my go for his character and straightforward attitude and quality
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Murray?

Compare Providers