Dr. Matthew Murray, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

Ortho San Antonio 2829 Babcock Rd Ste 106 San Antonio, TX 78229 Get Directions
Dr. Matthew Murray, MD
Dr. Matthew Murray, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 39 years old and has been practicing for 12 years.

Dr. Murray's Care Philosophy

Dr. Murray specializes in treating major injuries and minor sprains in athletes and weekend warriors, alike. He is committed to getting you back to your active lifestyle with conservative treatment or surgery, if necessary.

Dr. Murray's Experience

See how Dr. Murray's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Murray

Dr. Murray accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Murray is now accepting new patients

Dr. Murray's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Murray to family and friends
Dr. Murray's Performance
San Antonio |
Knowledgeable, personable, and has a courteous staff. Had a stressful situation with my knee but Dr. Murray ended up repairing my meniscus when other docs told me they'd just "clean it up." I'm feeling great now 3 months out and wouldn't trust anyone else with my health than Dr. Murray!
in San Antonio , TX |
After 4 knee surgeries from other doctors in San Antonio I found Dr. Murray. He diagnosed my fractured femur in two places that others missed. I have been pain free now for over 6 months and I am back to normal activity. I then trusted him to repair my torn biceps tendon and labrum. I have full range of motion again. Wouldn't go anywhere else. I have referred other with the same results .Thanks Dr Murray!
in Austin, TX |
As a surgeon myself, I reached out to a local orthopedic surgeon for a recommendation to get my ACL repaired, and he highly recommended me to Dr. Murray due to his training and witnessed skill level. So I drove from Austin to San Antonio for the best. He repaired my ACL 6 months ago with my hamstring, and it feels 100% back to normal already. My physical therapist was so impressed with his PT protocol and how fast I recovered. Incision scars are almost imperceivable. Highly recommend!
in Boerne,Tx |
Dr. Murray is an excellent doctor who listens well and shows genuine concern for his patients. He has helped my son with two injuries and his knowledge, expertise and bedside manner are all superb! We highly recommend Dr. Murray!!!
in San Antonio, Tx |
Dr. Murray did a great job explaining my diagnosis very clearly. Solid bedside manner and made me confident about being able to recover from my injury. Plus didn't spend a lot if time there. I was in and out in a timely fashion.
in San Antonio, TX |
I had a great experience with Dr Murray! We started of on the wrong foot going to another orthopedic. I was very fortunate to have met Dr Murray and for him to evaluate me. I had a full fractured growth plate in my elbow in which Dr Murray gave me a successful surgery by putting a titanium screw through my bone. The process to recovery has been very good with his help. Not only have I gained a new friend but also a fantastic orthopedic surgeon.
in San Antonio, TX |
Great all around Doctor. Explains everything and operates well on patients. He really knows what he's doing.
in San Antonio, TX |
I visited Dr Matthew Murray for my condition of osteochondritis dessicans on my knee. I have been frustrated in the past with doctors telling me to simply, not run, and that one day I'll have to have my knee replaced and they give me no further instructions or plans for how to deal with the condition. Dr. Murray was very thorough in both discussing the condition itself and a long term plan for how to deal with it. He genuinely cared about my long term success in dealing with this.
in San Antonio, TX |
He will fully explain any question you have. Couldn't of asked for a better surgery outcome.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Murray takes the time to explain all the concerns until you feel at ease. Very knowledgeable, friendly and I have never felt rushed.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Murray, MD?
Are you Dr. Murray?

Compare Dr. Murray

Dr. Murray's Care Philosophy

Dr. Murray says...

Dr. Murray performs hundreds of routine arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder, hip ,and knee annually.  After spending four years an assistant clinical professor at UT Health Science Center, Dr. Murray is also adept at taking care of complex athletic knee and shoulder injuries, and he is referred patients from all over Texas for his expertise in these problems.

Dr. Murray trained directly under world-renowned Dr. James Andrews at the American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, Alabama. There he learned advanced surgical techniques and cared for numerous professional and collegiate athletes.

Dr. Murray's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Murray has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Murray's Board Certifications

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Completed in 2010

Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Center

Completed in 2011

University of Texas / Austin Campus

Dr. Murray does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Murray and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery