Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Matthew Mills, MD
In school, subjects like physics, calculus and chemistry always came fairly easily to me. So I entered college planning to become an engineer. As I continued to have academic success, I began to consider a career in medicine. My father, whose friend was an ophthalmologist, suggested that ophthalmology was a gratifying field in which one can make an enormous impact for others. During medical school, I considered several specialties, but I always kept coming back to ophthalmology. I saw it as a great opportunity to really help people by restoring one of their most vital senses. I was also drawn to the ever-advancing technology and the detailed skill that's involved. Another aspect that really stood out for me was the high success rates of ophthalmic surgery and the ability to change lives for the better. Those high rates of success still motivate me today. And the same is true of the technological advances and the ability to make a difference in people's lives. It's very fulfilling to give a person back the gift of eyesight. Helping people is why I do this... and why I devote myself to raising the standard of care and expanding what is possible through ophthalmic care.

10685 Professional Cir Ste A

Reno, NV 89521

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Mills

My goal is to provide the very best quality of care possible, to do it ethically and conscientiously and to help people see as well as is humanly possible. And that includes offering care at the leading edge of my profession.

Dr. Mills' Experience

Dr. Mills' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Multifocal Contact Lens Treatment
  • Refractive Lens Exchange
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Toric Intraocular Lens Implantation

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Walter Reed Army Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Lsu Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Mills has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mills does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mills and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mills' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mills to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Mills' Performance
in reno, nv |
Excellent doctor and surgeon! !!!
Just completed my bilateral cataract surgery. Totally impressed with the Doctor and staff at Eyecare Professionals. Amazed at the outcome and highly recommend this facility.
Great dr. Very professional. Now have 20/20 in each eye. Everyone was so wonderful. Makes you feel right a home. Nice office visits and very clean and professional. Thank you Dr. Mills and staff.
This has been absolutely awesome! I could not be happier with results. Thank you so much Dr. Mills. Everyone has been great.
in Reno, NV |
I have been seeing Dr. Mills and his predecessor, Dr. Schonder, for many years. The doctors and their entire staff have always treated me with caring professionalism. On a recent visit, Dr. Mills and his assistant gave me a coupon for an exorbitantly priced medication that reduced the copay to an affordable $35..Saved me a bundle!
I am so pleased with my results! Dr. Mills took an impossible situation and corrected my vision beyond expectations. His skill is unsurpassed. I've dealt with poor vision due to many refractive surgeries and never expected to have such good results. Thank you Dr. Mills!
SUPER JOB DR. MILLS. DR. MILLS MADE THESE SURGERIES PAINLESS AND HIS BEDSIDE MANNER PUTS YOU AT EASE IMMEDIATELY. DR. MILLS IS AN ABSOLUTE PROFESSIONAL. THANK YOU
The surgery and office visits were very present and painless and very caring staff.
I have enjoyed the personal care from Dr Mills and the staff. The results were beyond my expectations. The
Everyone made me feel at ease and comfortable from the moment I stepped in the door. It was wonderful!
I am really happy with the results on the first day! Seeing 20/20 is unbelievable.
in Reno, NV |
I met Dr. Mills 10 years ago at a non medical related business meeting. After that day I knew Dr. Mills would be the only doctor I would ever consider performing Lasik on my eyes. A few months ago I ran into Dr Mills at a charity event. I told him I had been hesitant about Lasik for years until recently researched the newest procedure called iLasik. He was one of the only doctors performing it so I decided right then to schedule my consult. I am one week post op with perfect vision!
My experience with Dr. Mills and his staff was superb. I can see--finally!
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Mills, MD?
Are you Dr. Mills?