Dr. Matthew Mendez-Zfass, MD

Sports Medicine | Male

New York Orthopedics 159 E 74th St Ste 3 New York, NY 10021 Get Directions
Dr. Matthew Mendez-Zfass, MD
Dr. Matthew Mendez-Zfass, MD is a sports medicine doctor who practices in New York, NY. He has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Mendez-Zfass is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital.

Dr. Mendez-Zfass' Experience

See how Dr. Mendez-Zfass' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mendez-Zfass

Dr. Mendez-Zfass accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Mendez-Zfass has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mendez-Zfass' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mendez-Zfass to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Mendez-Zfass' Performance
    GOOD
Dr. Mendez wasn't concerned with me as a patient with a fracture nor a as a person in pain. He didn't examine me nor provide me any medical advice on how to care for myself. A very disappointing experience with a doctor who is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital.
He was an excellent clinician and was extremely kind and compassionate.
in New York, NY |
The appointment was quick but thorough he didn't immediately suggest surgery, in fact he recommended physical therapy first which helps me gain trust in him as a doctor and as a surgeon. I also appreciate that he has considered the unbelievable amount of times I've injured the same ankle and my concern that PT is not helping. Waiting on an MRI and an Xray, will update if/when it leads to surgery! Great doc, 100% recommend!
I waited for over 1 hour in excruciating pain to be seen by this doctor even though I was informed I would be seen sooner. When I got to the exam room, Dr. Mendez was rude, arrogant and unsympathetic. Within 1 minute of looking at my knee he said I needed surgery. When I expressed concern and told him I didn't think I needed surgery and wanted to explore other alternatives, he got upset with me and raised his voice at me. Needless to say I will be getting a second opinion. GO SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR!
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Mendez-Zfass, MD?
Are you Dr. Mendez-Zfass?

Compare Dr. Mendez-Zfass

Dr. Mendez-Zfass' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Broken Arm

EMORY UNIV SCH OF MED

Graduated in 2009

Dr. Mendez-Zfass does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mendez-Zfass and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine

Dr. Mendez-Zfass does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Mendez-Zfass and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.