Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 44

Dr. McGirt

Carolina Neurosurgry/Spn Assocs

225 Baldwin Ave Charlotte, NC 28204

Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Charlotte, NC. He specializes in neurosurgery.

At a glance

• Friendly staff . Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Easy scheduling . Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

Dr. McGirt accepts

Dr. McGirt accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
CHAMPVA
Commercial Insurance Company
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

Dr. McGirt treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Herniated Disc Surgery

Dr. McGirt performs Herniated Disc Surgery more than 95% of his peers

Dr. McGirt performs this procedure more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Cervical Discectomy With Fusion

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epidural Hematoma
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty

3.9

Dr. McGirt?
Dr. McGirt's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD
I am a father of two and woke up one morning and pet the family dog in the bed. I started to feel a cramp like pain in my arm. I did not pay it any attention and kept on getting up and ready for the day. My youngest came in and started to play around with me; so I picked them up and placed her on the bed to tickle them. After placing on the bed I immediately I cramp like pain in my arm became a sharp pain running down my arm. I flopped of the bed and onto the floor as the pain became so intense I could not move my arm. My wife checked on me and I had her pull on my arm still thinking it was a major cramp in my arm. As the day progressed the pain did not subside at all. My wife took me to the primary doctor and they took my blood pressure and X-rays of my shoulder as the pain seamed to be coming from there. Blood pressure was normal and the x-ray only showed some normal arthritis. My doctor put me on some pain killers and muscle relaxers. I waited a week and nothing was getting better
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD?
I recently had spinal fusion done by Dr.McGirt and I am very pleased. He was able to give me a “new life” and I can not thank him enough. I was in such pain for a long time and now I am pain free. It has been about one month since my operation. Dr.McGirt was very nice and informed me about my surgery and was able to correct my problem. His staff was wonderful too and they made this experience very rewarding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD?
Great experience. Glad I chose him. Results have been outstanding. Would recommend him for anyone needing relief from sever stenosis of the spine. He explained the procedure and what to expect afterwards . Which gave me confidence.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD?
His profile states he has been practicing for 16 years. I have been dealing with DDD for 30 years. After 3 lower back surgeries and fusions & hardware from C4 thru C7 I would appreciate a doctor that has time to answer questions. Please don't walk out of the room. I normally would have seen Dr Van Der Veer unfortunately for me he is on medical leave until August. On paper he appears great, I was not impressed!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD?
Dr. McGirt is a great doctor. I know that he cares about his patients. I had lower lumbar surgery in November 2017. I do feel 99 percent better. The morning of my surgery Dr McGirt called me personally at the hospital letting me know he wTould be there to perform the surgery. He had been out of time but on his way back. He let me know that his assistant Dr Corbin and others would take good care of me. I knew then that as his patient he does care cause making that phone call to me!!!Thank you Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD?
I had back surgery performed by Dr. McGirt in October in efforts to relieve continuous back pain and numbness in both legs and feet. Simple tasks such as tying my shoes or bending to pick up objects were simply impossible. He was courteous and informative during all my visits and explained what I should expect after surgery. I was instructed on what to avoid for the first few weeks following the procedure. I feel like my old self and ecstatic that my issues have been resolved. AWSOME DOCTOR!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD?
Dr McGirt is good at what he does. Surgery went well by all accounts. He is very confident in his ability. Did find it tough to get answers that were in laymen's terms. Thankfully he has PAs that help with that. Also in hindsight the expectations weren't clear. Saying that though I don't doubt he did what we needed and what was best for the situation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD?
I was very hopfull with this Dr but he spent 2 secs with me and said my MRI just showed scare tissue nothing he can do just like the Dr before him very dissapointed with a Dr with his schooling treating people like that . I went to laser spine they was willing to remove scare tissue and found a bone spur on nerve the MRI didn't show .my mcgirt dont just depend on mri they said if a MRI with me on my stomach would have show the bone spur .you have to much education not enough common sense .......
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD?
I have had two back surgeries with Dr. McGirt after trying literally every other option. Both surgeries (a little over a year apart) completely healed my debilitating pain that had been affecting every aspect of my life. Dr. McGirt alleviated my problem by using the most conservative approach possible. My family and I could not be more appreciative. His expertise, knowledge, and bedside manner are unsurpassed, and his staff are wonderful. I highly recommend Dr. McGirt! 10 stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD?
I saw Dr. McGirt in a very painful and debilitating condition. After reviewing my MRI, he had me in surgery within 8 days. My condition improved 100% upon waking up from anesthesia. Now 5 weeks post surgery, I am still pain free and can resume normal activity. I had seen three surgeons for my condition. Dr. McGirt concurred with one other but he was able to schedule surgery much quicker. He is excellent, caring and very professional as well as proficient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew McGirt, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McGirt?

• Neurosurgery

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. McGirt treats patients.

72% Patient experience rating, 3% higher than the national average