Dr. Matthew Mann, MD

Dr. Matthew Mann, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery  |
Male

Dr. Matthew Mann was born in Montreal, Quebec but grew up in Kamloops, British Columbia. He graduated with a Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry from the University of Minnesota. He then completed his medical school and residency at McGill University where he continued his orthopaedic surgery training. Dr. Mann went onto to complete a knee and hip reconstruction fellowship at the University of British Columbia (UBC) and followed this with a foot and ankle fellowship at the University of Toronto. Academically, Dr. Mann has contributed to several research articles in minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery and in the field of adult reconstruction and arthroplasty. As a husband and father, Dr. Mann enjoys spending time with his wife and two children.

Excelsior Orthopaedics

3925 Sheridan Dr

Amherst, NY 14226

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Independent Health

Learn about Dr. Mann

"Excelsior Orthopaedics believes every patient deserves to receive the finest musculoskeletal care in a compassionate and professional atmosphere.  We are dedicated to create individualized treatment plans for all our patients and their families.  We treasure our relationships with patients, families, referral sources and the community."

All members of our fine staff are guided by these values:

Every patient is somebody's mother, father, sister, brother, grandparent, child, or close friend.  We care for all patients as if they were members of our own family.  We respect people's time and care-giving responsibilities and are poised to assist in any way we can. We are proud of our staff and the years of education  and training they have secured to make Excelsior Orthopaedics a true Center of Excellence.

Dr. Mann's Experience

Dr. Mann's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery
  • Adult Orthopedic Surgery
  • Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  • Orthopedic Hip Surgery
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery

Dr. Mann does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Disorders

• Hip Replacement
  • Hip Surgery
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• McGill University / Faculty of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • McGill University / Faculty of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • University Of British Columbia Department Of Orthopaedic Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • University Of Toronto Division Of Orthopaedic Surgery
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Mann has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mann has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Mann does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mann and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Kenmore Mercy Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Mann is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Mann's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mann to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Mann's Performance
in West Seneca, NY |
Dr. Mann is a very professional doctor. He was great for me and I would recommend him. He fixed my knee and he was and is very concerned about the outcome. Also he is a skilled surgeon. Almost one month after my knee replacement and I am walking perfectly normal. Very little pain.
Buffalo, NY |
I injured my ankle pretty severely and saw Dr. Mann about 5 times in regards to it. He did not spend more than about 5 minutes with me and basically told me to deal with it, that nothing could be done. He made me feel very umcomfortable and didn't listen to any of my concerns. He told me 'if I did surgery for everyone who needed it, I would be too busy'. I would not recommend him to my friends or family.
Rochester, NY |
Dr. Mann did a total hip on my wife. She is thrilled. He explains risks and benefits to her. Explained any complications. He sat with us for about 10 minutes we waited 25 min. His staff apologized for the wait. I am happy we went with dr mann. She is up and walking the next day
Rochester, NY |
Dr Mann spent time with me to explain what was wrong and give me options for treatments. He told me that I needed a fusion in my foot to relieve my pain. I decided to do the triple fusion, it was a bit of recovery, but dr. Mann prepared me for it. I am pain free for the most part and would recommend dr mann
Buffalo, NY |
His timeline for recovery was way off by about 7 months and he never has a definitive answer he's just out to get your money please from my experience save yourself and never talk to this negligent underminding doctor he's absolutely terrible
in West Seneca, NY |
Maybe the other people had him on a bad day, but he was friendly and really listen to what my husband was saying. He has been going to him about a year, He is an excellent doctor. My husband just had full knee replacement and is doing very well considering its only been two weeks. His number for bending his knee was so impressive that he did not qualify for staying at a rehab but have PT people coming to our home. All the other patients in the hospital asked who his doctor was.
Buffalo, NY |
very unfriendly, not an understanding man and does not seem to care about his patients. makes you wait around 2 hours to be seen, only to check on you along with his intern for about 4 minutes and then leave. This happened on each time I was seen by this Dr.- which was the three times that I have been here. He does not seem to be interested in treating patients, nor does not care about the outcome of their care. probably the biggest waste of time & money ever spent at a doctor's office.
Tonawanda ny |
He was very unfriendly and could seem to care less about me as a person. He could care less that I was in pain and needed surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Mann, MD?
Are you Dr. Mann?