Urology  |

Dr Matthew Lief has run his busy urology practice since 1986. Dr Lief has dedicated himself to helping men women and children with all types of urologic disorders, ranging from bed wetting to urologic cancers. His practice philosophy has never changed and has always been to work hard and to treat patients with respect and dignity. DR Lief has the expertice to ensure patients are well cared for and to improve their health and their lives. His years of experience have helped to shape DR Lief into a Doctor with a vast knowledge of all urologic conditions. His surgical skills have been honed by performing thousands of operations over his career. Dr Lief has a dedicated staff that he has hand picked and trained to handle many of the day to day questions and problems that may arise with his patients. He also has incorpoarted a well qualified Nurse Practioner (Bill Horvath), into the practice. Bill is able to see and co-manage patients with DR Lief. Bill brings years of experience and a vast aray of nursing and medical knowledge. Dr Lief has also been conducting clinical research for several major drug companies in the fields of erectile dysfunction, prostate conditions, over active bladder and low testosterone. If you want to see a truely dedicated urologist that will take the time to listen to you, you have found one in DR Matthew Lief.

9750 NW 33rd St Ste 218

Coral Springs, FL 33065

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • EmblemHealth
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Lief

Matthew S. Lief, MD, PA, FACS, a private practice in Coral Springs, Florida, offers diagnosis and treatment of general urological conditions and disorders. These include ED, BPH, kidney stones, and bladder cancer. Dr. Lief's sub specialty interests are restoring normal sexual and urinary function in men and women; treatment of prostate cancer in men of all ages(prostate MRI); and treating hypogonadism. Dr. Lief also performs outpatient surgery to correct female urinary incontinence.

Dr. Lief's Experience

Dr. Lief's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Genitourinary Cancers
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hydrocele
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Hypogonadism
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Male Genital System Cancer
  • Male Infertility
  • Male Sexual Conditions
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Penile Cancer
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Primary Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Diseases
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Cancer
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal Candidiasis

• Cystometry
  • Cystoscopy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Electronic Shock Wave Lithotripsy
  • Green Light Photovaporization of the Prostate (PVP)
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Monarc® Suburethral Sling
  • No-Scalpel Vasectomy
  • Orchiectomy
  • Percutaneous Destruction of Kidney Lesion
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Prostate Brachytherapy
  • Prostate Radioactive Seed Implants
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Ureterscopies
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urethral Sling
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Varicocele Repair
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Vasectomy Reversal

• Syracuse University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Universidad Del Noreste, Escuela De Medicina 'Dr Jose Sierra Flores'
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Beth Isreal Medical Center Urodynamics Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1979

• Expert Witness State of Florida Board of Medicine, 2012
  • Cryptococcus prostatitis in an AIDS patient, 1987

Dr. Lief does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lief and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Northwest Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Lief is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Lief's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lief to family and friends
Dr. Lief Says:

To all of my current and future patients. Thank you for your feedback both positive and constructive. It always helps me to do better when I receive feedback. Your feedback is valued as a way of improving my practice, we can always do better.

Most of all thank you for trusting me and my staff with your complex urologic issues. We take them seriously and strive to help you in every way possible

Dr. Lief's Performance
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr lief and his staff are caring and professional.One the the best doctor I use.I would highly recommend Dr. Lief to anyone.
in Lighthouse Pt |
Amazing personality and wonderful professional. I had to trust him with the most sensitive issue - fertility. Dr Lief was a consummate professional and friend throughout the process. It is without reservation or doubt that I recommend him.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Lief is awesome. Had to go to the emergency room after 3 days of excruciating pain. Turns out I had a 9mm kidney stone to big to pass, so Doc Lief did the laser thing and it was gone. Terrific personal attention to me and his staff was equally attentive to my needs.. 5 Stars for sure, 6 if they would allow me to.
Dr. Lief has been treating my elderly father for a few years now. He is a thorough, efficient, knowledgeable, and very reliable doctor. I trust him completely to give the best care to my dad and I believe he does exactly that. I have often commented to my dad on how lucky we were to find him. I highly recommend him.
Pompano Beach, FL |
I had what I thought to an emergency . I called first thing Monday morning and the staff told me to come in and they'd squeeze me in. I had a short wit and Dr Leif say me. He examined me and told me the next step was a CT scan. I did this and was able to get back in the office two days later. Dr Leif was able to identify the problem and recommended a solution. The entire staff is friendly and very helpful.
Yes, highly recommend Dr. Leif. He is knowledgeable, professional, courteous and compassionate.
in parkland |
I've being seeing Dr. Lief for over 10 years. His experience speaks for itself. I recently had a bout with Cancer that he caught in time. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Coral Springs FL |
Terrible experience, been a patient for a year and never met the doctor. Recent visit was told to strip down and what the doctor is going to do without even addressing my concerns. I thought patients had some input on what procedures are done to them. Seeking a new doctor.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr Lief has been amazing through my entire journey with dealing with testicular cancer. His bedside manner really turned a frightening diagnosis into something manageable. He got me through the scariest moment of my life. A year and a half later, I'm healthier than ever and I owe it to Dr Lief
in Sunrise, FL |
I've been seeing Dr. Lief for about 2 years, and he's given me my libido back, my energy back, and most of all, my confidence back. He took the time to listen to me, was very understanding & empathetic, and made me feel extremely comfortable. I would recommend him to anyone who is hesitant to see a Dr. about their issues. Thanks Dr. Lief.
I REALLY BELIEVE THIS SURGERY WILL ENHANCE MY FUTURE HEALTH
in Coral Springs, FL |
Excellent staff, very friendly, and always willing to answer questions.
in Parkland,Coral Springs, FL |
My green light laser experience produced excellent results within days.Very professional and successful.
in Miramar, FL |
Dr. Lief gave me his full attention while in the consultation room. He addressed all my health concerns.
in Coral Springs, FL |
The whole office is quite caring and attentive. They take the time to get to know you and look at your total health, not just what you came in for.
Best urological Doctor I have experienced. Use a clear and precise language that allows the patient to understand his condition. Concerned and interested in their patients.
in Ennis, MT |
I was referred to Dr Lief by Dr Sperling. I was very pleased with his thoroughness and his care and concern for my condition. Surgery went very well. He took plenty of time to answer my questions and explain the procedure. I would recommend him to any one including family and friends.
in Margate FL |
DR LIEF DID GREEN LAZER I TOLD HIM I CALLED HIS HIS OFFICE AT LEAST THREE TIMES WENT TO SEE HIM HE SAID THE LEAK WAS NOT TO BAD HE SENT ME FOR HELP I WENT FOR 3MO THEY SAID Dr Lief wated to long and i will leak the rest my life l am 70yr old and pee myslfe he is not the i was with for five yr all he wants is money he is not nice to his staff i wish i never met him he dont know a lot about green lazer if i forget to put pad on l pee myself and he dont care his staff puts you on hold for ever
in Delray Beach,Fl |
With all the doctors I have seen, never has one actually called to check on me after any procedure, except for Dr. Leif?s office. I too went to see Dr. Leif for a second opinion, and was welcomed by his staff and with Dr. Leif?s knowledge. A different option was given to me and it was very successful. He made me feel comfortable and with his knowledge and expertise I would recommend him to anybody looking for a Urologist. One of the best doctors I have recognized being in South Florida.
in Coral Springs, FL |
I'm feeling good with him and his staff
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
Best urological Doctor I have experienced. My problems started at 11 years of age when my left kidney was removed and have had all sorts of bladder & urinary problems throughout life & had experiences with many, many Doctors, hospitals, and specialists covering 70 years. Doctor Lief is the best by far.
in Margate, FL |
On the first visit as I was waiting to see the doctor, all I heard was a man screaming at his office staff. On the second visit after going for text, I was told that I need surgergy which was schudeled for the following week. Unfortunately, Dr. Lief does not go to a free standing outpatient surgery center so it would have cost $2700 out of pocket. I called offce and said I could not aford that. I have not heard a word back. Am I going to lose my kidney Are there other options?
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Lief, MD?
Are you Dr. Lief?

Visit Dr. Lief

Dr. Lief accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • ADVANTAGE Health Solutions, Inc.
    Advantage Health Solutions
    AvMed Health Plans Broward, Dade, and Palm Beach HMO-Standard
    AvMed HMO
    AvMed POS
    AvMed PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Advantage HMO