Dr. Matthew Kraay, MD

Dr. Matthew Kraay, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Matthew Kraay, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Cleveland, OH. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 34 years.

11100 Euclid Ave

Cleveland, OH 44106

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Health Net
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Kraay

See how frequently Dr. Kraay performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hip
Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
Osteoarthritis of Knee

Dr. Kraay's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Kraay "As you can see from my background and orthopaedic training at University Hospitals of Cleveland and the Hospital for Special Surgery, my area of expertise is exclusively limited to hip & knee replacement surgery. The program at UHCMC which I lead and my practice is focused on providing my patients with the highest quality and safest patient centered care. We provide our patients with a unique patient experience that has received numerous national awards for quality, safety & patient satisfaction"

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Total Hip Replacement
  • Total Knee Replacement
  • Uni-Compartmental Knee Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Michigan State Univ

• Best Doctors in America, 2005-2012
  • Elected to American Orthopaedic Association, 2005
  • Heiple-Lennon Professor and Endowed Chair-CWRU, 2006
  • Arthritis Foundation Volunteer leadership Award, 2006

Dr. Kraay has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Kraay's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kraay to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Kraay's Performance
in Eastlake ohio 44095 |
recently had knee replacement surgery with Dr. Kraay. It was about six weeks ago and I am amazed with the results. No more pain, no more limping. The actual surgery and recovery was very easy on me. I am 75 years old. I was released the day after surgery from the hospital, which was wonderful as I feel I was up and about a lot sooner. Although I was treated very well in the hospital, it is nice to be home. I will recommend Dr. Kraay and his team to family and friends.
in twinsburg, oh |
We all know it's not a perfect world but, my experience with the staff and Dr. Kraay was just that. Perfect! I had total knee replacement on October 16, 2017.. From Admission to Anesthesiology, post op, pain management, nursing and support by everyone else I met there, I couldn't have been more comfortable and secure with everyone and the procedure. Doctor Kraay assured me that this surgery would go very well. Actually it was exceptional. I am so grateful to him and all at UH.
Northeast Ohio |
Dr Kraay. He is the best of the best.- also a really good guy. He replaced my right hip on October 10, 2017. I had a truly amazing. experience. From his expert orthopedic care to the select team of ortho nurses at University Hospitals- Fabulous Care We asked dozens of people who to go to for a hip replacement. While we heard many excellent names- his name was repeated constantly. I was going to go to a doctor at The Mayo Clinic in MInnesota but decided ultimately on Dr Matt Kraay
in Cleveland, Ohio |
My knee replacement surgery was June 22. It is the best decision I made . Dr Kraay is a professional . He is direct, instructs the patient on what to expect ,he also was available on the weekend when I called with some concerns. I am impressed with the results I walk without pain Thank you Dr Kraay.
in Berea, OH |
Wow.went to this piece of work.about my knee.he said i have bad hipps instead.the staff and him was the worst experience i ever went through.i wouldn't let him cut my grass .i walked out and got a real doctor
Unless you are sure you want a joint replacement, you are waisting your time and money seeing Dr. Kraay. He stated that's all he does, no less. Does not manage appointment time well and I almost walked out after waiting over 45 minutes to see him and accomplished nothing.
in Henderson, Nevada |
Dr. Kraay is absolutely wonderful. 10 years ago I had total hip replacement on my right hip. The surgery went very well. I never had any problems. This is one of the main reason I came back to Dr. Kraay after experiencing pain with my left hip. I now live in Las Vegas but returned to Cleveland for one reason. I had total hip replacement surgery on Feb. 7, 2017 and I feel great. Dr. Kraay is the only doctor I will let touch me. I can't thank him enough for improving my life. God Bless you.
in Youngstown, OH |
First off, I would like to comment on some of the negative responses of Dr. Kraay. Upon meeting him, I found him to be a no nonsense and quiet individual. Dr. Kraay is a master of his trade. That is why I selected him. My experience of having my hip replaced was nothing short of fantastic. His whole team from beginning to end was very professional and caring. He saw me before and after surgery and was very warm and informative. I went home the day after surgery with little pain.
Hudson, OH |
Dr. Kraay is an excellent surgeon. I recently had a total knee replacement and the entire experience was positive. Dr. Kraay and his support staff explained all the details involved in this process and are responsive to any questions or needs. Post op pain is well managed and patients are closely watched and cared for at home after surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Kraay and will have him do my other knee's joint replacement. I have total trust in him!
Mentor, OH |
I did not find Dr. Kraay to be caring or professional. Extremely rude and in a hurry to get me out of the hospital. I was put on oxygen due to low oxygen levels and he still wanted me out of the hospital brushing it off as nothing. I could not do my PT without my oxygen level dropping significantly and I had to wear oxygen while attempting to do PT. He commented it was a good thing I only had partial knee surgery as I was being a baby. I was shocked by his comment. Do not go to Dr. Kraay
in Olmsted Falls, OH |
Dr. Kraay provided a thorough exam and game plan for my 2 knees to be replaced only 7 weeks apart due to constraints in my schedule. Both surgeries were flawless. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. Dr. Kraay and his entire team are amazing. I am so thankful and blessed to be where I am today - all thanks to Dr. Kraay and his team.
in Cleveland, OH |
Dr. Kraay's response to my knee pain after I fell playing volleyball? "It's nothing some bariatric surgery won't cure." Really? I am completely honest when I say that I'm about 20 pounds overweight (that's why I'm playing volleyball again); however, his bedside manner needs a little help. I'm going to find another doctor who actually cares. I guess if you're not a top athlete, Dr. Kraay doesn't want to deal with you.
in Rocky River, OH |
One of the worst doctors I have ever had an apt with. I am shocked the UH hospital system hasn't canned him because he is so unprofessional. I honestly cant understand how he is still practicing medicine. He was unkind, negative and uncaring. He said terrible things that I wont even repeat. Be forewarned. Don't waste your time. There are much better doctors out there that want to practice medicine at a professional level and are actually are kind and caring.
in Chagrin Falls, OH |
My full hip replacement experience in the hospital was extremely positive. I especially appreciated the care with which infection is minimized. The protocol that I followed before entering the hospital and the precautions in the O.R. made me feel extremely comfortable with the surgery. The 6th floor unit is great. Nursing care was excellent as was the post-op home care. He also replaced both of my husband's knees prior to my surgery with great results.
in Macedonia, OH |
Very professional, informative. I had an excellent experience and best of care.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Kraay, MD?
Are you Dr. Kraay?

Visit Dr. Kraay

Dr. Kraay accepts 12 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Choice PPO