Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD

Dr. Kaufman
Telehealth services available

The Plastic Surgery Center

535 Sycamore Ave Shrewsbury, NJ 07702

Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Shrewsbury, NJ and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse) medical school in 1998. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center - Atlantic City and Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kaufman to book an appointment.

Compare with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Kaufman with our nearby Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at Riverview Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Riverview Medical Center today at (732) 201-3872.

These providers are on the medical staff of Riverview Medical Center.

Dr. Kaufman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaufman

4.5

Dr. Kaufman?
  • Staff friendliness (49)
  • Appointment scheduling (48)
  • Office environment (48)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
After, a significant weight loss I was in need of extensive plastic surgery to help remove loose skin. I met with multiple surgeons for initial consults and lastly walked into TPSC, where I quickly knew I had met the surgeon for me, Dr. Kauffman. Besides, the fact that he did an incredible job sculpting my body he demonstrated honesty and directness from the moment of my initial consult. I had extensive cosmetic surgery (tummy tuck, lipo, and inner thigh lift) which has been life changing and with time only improves my appearance. In addition to being such a talented surgeon his entire staff is exceptional from the receptionist to the Nurses. I am extremely grateful for Dr.Kauffman, his entire staff and his partner Dr. Ibrahim.
Jessica Berrocal – Feb 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
I couldn't be more grateful to have found Dr. Kaufman! 2 years ago I had a traumatic fall while traveling that left me with a broken nose and multiple wounds on my nose and face. I was initially treated out of state but was concerned about my healing when I returned back to NJ. I found Dr. Kaufman online and after reading about his training in both plastic and reconstructive surgery and ENT, scheduled a consult with him. From the moment I sat down, I felt at ease. He spent time explaining my injuries and what I should expect during my recovery. I could tell how knowledgeable he was, but what I appreciated most was how well he was able to explain this information to a patient. Luckily, I didn’t require surgery (but if I did I would have chosen him)! He also addressed my facial wounds and provided me with a treatment plan to minimize scarring. After my fall, I was scared about future breathing issues and could barely look in the mirror. Today, it's as if my fall never happened!
Lisa R – Jan 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
I had my phrenic nerve surgery for a right paralyzed diaphragm on April 5, 2019. I am approaching my 2 year after surgery anniversary and a recent sniff test shows that my diaphragm is still considered paralyzed. I do believe that my breathing is slightly better but far from ideal. I was told prior to the surgery that there was an 85% success rate so I have to accept that I may be in the 15% not successful group but what I did not expect is that I am experiencing extreme arm weakness and muscle wasting in my shoulder which started immediately after surgery. I now have a hollow space where my scapula muscle used to be and it is not getting any better. I am sure Dr Kaufman has help a lot of people with this condition but not all the surgeries are successful and unwanted side effect may occur...for me with hindsight it was not good for me
Dec 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
I had a small lesion on my shoulder that I was concerned about. I saw Dr. Kaufman for consult and he immediately made me feel ease. His nurses were so friendly and helpful. The procedure itself was so quick and easy. I don’t even have a scar. I highly recommend Dr. Kaufman!
Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
For those of you who have have had a paralyzed diaprahm, you know that tying shoes, walking stairs, and lying flat are a struggle when you cannot breathe properly. I had phrenic nerve repair with Dr. Kaufman. My surgery went amazingly well. Dr. Kaufman spends a lot of time explaining things and is very personable. Within a day of my surgery, I noticed a big difference in my breathing. I can tie my shoes, walk stairs and lay flat without any breathing trouble at all. In the subsequent month, with doing breathing exercises, I am breathing better and better. Dr. Kaufman changed my life and I am extremely grateful.
Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman was great! He communicated with me right away after reaching out to him, giving me a solution to my rare medical problem. I was diagnosed with phrenic nerve palsy, and all doctors told me supportive treatment was my only option. Dr. Kaufman performed reconstructive phrenic nerve surgery, giving hope to my left lung function.
Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr. Kaufman performed phrenic nerve surgery on me. He and his team were all very warm and professional and a pleasure to interact with.
Kara W. – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
We were told by several doctors that there was nothing they could do for my bilateral phrenic nerves and diaphragm paralyzes. We were so fortunate to find Dr. Matthew Kaufman online. We flew out to New Jersey and he did surgery by grafting in new phrenic nerves and putting a pacer in my diaphragm. I am improving daily and breathing naturally. Dr. Kaufman and his team are top notch!! He deserves 10 stars!! I thank GOD for Mr. Kaufman every day!
John Omey Olson – Jan 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman was amazing both pre op, during surgery, and post op. I could not be more happy with his work. After visiting other surgeons I made my decision to have Dr Kaufman do my breast reduction and it has been the best decision of my life. I would highly recommend him and his office staff is great.
Aimee in Middletown, NJ – Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman was excellent through my whole surgery . I would definitely recommend him .
Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr.Kaufman preformed my breast reduction surgery in Sep 2019. He is very professional and knowledgeable. Dr. Kaufman and his staffs are excellent and made this process very smooth. Because of my health issues, my breast reduction was covered by my insurance. They did very good job of guiding me in collecting all the documents for pre- authorization from my insurance. On the day of surgery, doctor and his staffs were so much caring. Those staffs are A+ and I never received this kind of care anywhere else. I was having so much pain on my shoulder and in the entire upper body, after my breast reduction everything is gone, and it was a big relief from all my pain. Recovery pain is nothing comparing the pain that I had before. Thanks a million Dr.Kaufman.
HK – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman performed a rhinoplasty on my daughter and did an AMAZING job. His staff and nurses are exceptionally professional and courteous with a great bedside manor. Their surgical center staff is awesome. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Kaufman and his office for all your cosmetic needs.
Michele – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Last month I went to Dr. Kaufman for a nasal reconstructive surgery. His consultation was very reassuring, and his surgery coordinator and nurse are great! The surgery went super smooth. My nose feels and looks great. Thank you Dr. Kaufman!
Jul 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
I had extensive MOHs surgery on my nose to remove pre cancerous tissue the following day Dr Kaufman repaired the nose area that was damaged by the surgery and now it is almost invisible where the surgery was. Even the doctor who performed the MOHs surgery was impressed by the way it came out. I would recommend him to anyone who may need Plastic reconstruction surgery.
Jul 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Initially having interest in smoothing out the bump in my nose, I was recommended by a friend to meet with Dr. Kaufman. Having never had any cosmetic or plastic surgery on any level, I was a bit fearful. Immediately, I felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Kaufman, and I had the utmost confidence that he could help me out. On the day of surgery, he again was very reassuring during pre-op that everything would be great. Well, everything turned out better than great. He smoothed out the bump while maintaining the natural look . It has been less than 2 weeks since my rhinoplasty, and it looks and feels amazing! He is an extreme professional. Recovery was vastly shorter than I ever expected. Plus, I never ever experienced any pain post-op. For anyone interested in cosmetic surgery, or for that matter curious about it, meet with Dr. Matthew Kaufman. He will be open and honest answering any questions you may have. Furthermore, office staff and nurses all A+! Wonderful experience!!
Jul 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
After about 2 years and many, MANY, tests, I was diagnosed with chronic paralysis of the left hemidiaphragm due to damaged phrenic nerve. Being in Canada, I was lucky to have found my way to Dr Chen in Toronto who made the diagnosis and knew of Dr Kaufman and the phrenic nerve grafting procedure he performs. I made the journey to New Jersey where I underwent this life saving procedure. Within a few hours of waking I felt I was breathing better. Within this past year my breathing has gone from approximately 60% capacity to now 88% capacity. I consider myself lucky. I believe, at the time, I was the third Canadian to have this procedure done. Dr Kaufman is the best of the best. He is an amazing doctor, humble and TRULY cares about his patients. It was a pleasure being under his care and working with his AMAZING team.
Gregory Carr in Toronto - Canada – Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Instead of telling our story, I'd rather just say thank you Dr Kaufman. This is a doctor, that hands down, goes above and beyond for his patients. You don't find many like him. I promise you that if you have a medical issue or just need alittle tweaking, he's your guy. Thank you Dr Kaufman for your kind and caring heart.
Joanne and Danielle Matthews in Wall Township, NJ – Jun 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr. Matthew Kaufman and his incredible staff. He has significantly changed my life for the better. I was left with phrenic nerve damage after surgery on my shoulder, which paralyzed my left diaphram, leaving me with basically one functioning lung. Dr. Kaufman is the only doctor in the US that restores the phrenic nerve. I still have a long way to full recovery, but I would still be struggling with Dr. Kaufman's intervention. His medical knowledge and ability is superior, and he and his staff are very considerate and thorough.
Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
I am so grateful that we found Dr. Kaufman! I had suffered an injury to my phrenic nerve and it had such a devastating effect on my breathing that I couldn’t participate in normal activities let alone, my favorite sport of soccer. I suffered a huge lifestyle shift. After I found Dr Kaufman and read about his work, I reached out to his office. During my first telephone conversation with the Dr, I described my symptoms and my experience, and he knew what was wrong. He was knowledgeable about the specifics of my condition and told me exactly how to proceed. It was a great relief. When Melissa and I traveled to Dr Kaufman’s practice, his team was adept at all aspects of testing and when we finally met, it felt like we’d known each other for a long time! I knew I was in good hands. It has been 6 weeks since the reconstruction, and I am already feeling tremendously better. I think it’s nothing short of miraculous. Dr Kaufman’s and his staff were experienced, professional and caring.
Cyrus Hosseini – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr. Kaufman is AMAZING. I had a severely deviated septum and collapsed nostril from a previous rhinoplasty. He was able to rebuild my nostril and I can finally breathe again! My nostrils are also very symmetrical now and I couldn’t be happier. He is the best.
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaufman?

Dr. Matthew Kaufman is board certified in both plastic surgery and otolaryngology- head and neck surgery, and he is a Fellow of the American College of...Read more

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Otolaryngology
  • Plastic Surgery

2005
UCLA Medical Center
2003
The Mount Sinai Medical Center
1998
Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)