Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 47

Dr. Kaufman

The Plastic Surgery Center

535 Sycamore Ave Shrewsbury, NJ 07702

Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in Shrewsbury, NJ and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse) in 1998 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery and ear, nose, and throat.

Dr. Kaufman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kaufman

4.5

Dr. Kaufman?
Dr. Kaufman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD
Dr. Kaufman performed phrenic nerve surgery on me. He and his team were all very warm and professional and a pleasure to interact with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
We were told by several doctors that there was nothing they could do for my bilateral phrenic nerves and diaphragm paralyzes. We were so fortunate to find Dr. Matthew Kaufman online. We flew out to New Jersey and he did surgery by grafting in new phrenic nerves and putting a pacer in my diaphragm. I am improving daily and breathing naturally. Dr. Kaufman and his team are top notch!! He deserves 10 stars!! I thank GOD for Mr. Kaufman every day!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman was amazing both pre op, during surgery, and post op. I could not be more happy with his work. After visiting other surgeons I made my decision to have Dr Kaufman do my breast reduction and it has been the best decision of my life. I would highly recommend him and his office staff is great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman was excellent through my whole surgery . I would definitely recommend him .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr.Kaufman preformed my breast reduction surgery in Sep 2019. He is very professional and knowledgeable. Dr. Kaufman and his staffs are excellent and made this process very smooth. Because of my health issues, my breast reduction was covered by my insurance. They did very good job of guiding me in collecting all the documents for pre- authorization from my insurance. On the day of surgery, doctor and his staffs were so much caring. Those staffs are A+ and I never received this kind of care anywhere else. I was having so much pain on my shoulder and in the entire upper body, after my breast reduction everything is gone, and it was a big relief from all my pain. Recovery pain is nothing comparing the pain that I had before. Thanks a million Dr.Kaufman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Dr Kaufman performed a rhinoplasty on my daughter and did an AMAZING job. His staff and nurses are exceptionally professional and courteous with a great bedside manor. Their surgical center staff is awesome. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Kaufman and his office for all your cosmetic needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Last month I went to Dr. Kaufman for a nasal reconstructive surgery. His consultation was very reassuring, and his surgery coordinator and nurse are great! The surgery went super smooth. My nose feels and looks great. Thank you Dr. Kaufman!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
I had extensive MOHs surgery on my nose to remove pre cancerous tissue the following day Dr Kaufman repaired the nose area that was damaged by the surgery and now it is almost invisible where the surgery was. Even the doctor who performed the MOHs surgery was impressed by the way it came out. I would recommend him to anyone who may need Plastic reconstruction surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
Initially having interest in smoothing out the bump in my nose, I was recommended by a friend to meet with Dr. Kaufman. Having never had any cosmetic or plastic surgery on any level, I was a bit fearful. Immediately, I felt extremely comfortable with Dr. Kaufman, and I had the utmost confidence that he could help me out. On the day of surgery, he again was very reassuring during pre-op that everything would be great. Well, everything turned out better than great. He smoothed out the bump while maintaining the natural look . It has been less than 2 weeks since my rhinoplasty, and it looks and feels amazing! He is an extreme professional. Recovery was vastly shorter than I ever expected. Plus, I never ever experienced any pain post-op. For anyone interested in cosmetic surgery, or for that matter curious about it, meet with Dr. Matthew Kaufman. He will be open and honest answering any questions you may have. Furthermore, office staff and nurses all A+! Wonderful experience!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?
After about 2 years and many, MANY, tests, I was diagnosed with chronic paralysis of the left hemidiaphragm due to damaged phrenic nerve. Being in Canada, I was lucky to have found my way to Dr Chen in Toronto who made the diagnosis and knew of Dr Kaufman and the phrenic nerve grafting procedure he performs. I made the journey to New Jersey where I underwent this life saving procedure. Within a few hours of waking I felt I was breathing better. Within this past year my breathing has gone from approximately 60% capacity to now 88% capacity. I consider myself lucky. I believe, at the time, I was the third Canadian to have this procedure done. Dr Kaufman is the best of the best. He is an amazing doctor, humble and TRULY cares about his patients. It was a pleasure being under his care and working with his AMAZING team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Kaufman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kaufman?

Dr. Matthew Kaufman is board certified in both plastic surgery and otolaryngology- head and neck surgery, and he is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS). Dr. Kaufman is highly skilled in all cosmetic surgery procedures of the face and ...

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

UCLA Medical Center
2003
The Mount Sinai Medical Center
1998
Suny Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)

Dr. Kaufman accepts

Dr. Kaufman accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

• Facial Reconstruction
  • Gynecomastia
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Repair of Pigmentation Defect
  • Second-Degree Burns
  • Skin Grafts
  • Third-Degree Burns
  • Wound Repair

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Kaufman treats patients.

74% Patient experience rating, 5% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)

70% Patient experience rating, 1% higher than the national average