Dr. Matthew Jimenez, MD

Dr. Matthew Jimenez, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Jimenez is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon, fellowship trained in hip and pelvis reconstruction, specializing in orthopaedic fracture care and joint reconstruction. His patient centered focus is on soft-tissue preservation and rapid recovery. He has a special interest and expertise in the Direct Anterior Approach for total hip arthroplasty. Dr. Jimenez holds leadership roles with Illinois Bone & Joint Institute and Lutheran General Hospital. He is a past Board of Councilor for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and is the Past President of the Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Jimenez is Founder and Chairman of the non-profit Foundation for Education and Musculoskeletal Research. Dr. Jimenez has extensive research and academic experience. He is Chairman and Founder of the Annual Chicago Trauma Symposium, and lectures extensively locally, nationally, and internationally. He has published several articles and book chapters, and given numerous scientific presentations and exhibits. He is a leader and dedicated hip and pelvis reconstruction surgeon, committed to educating and healing the community.

9000 Waukegan Rd Ste 200

Morton Grove, IL 60053

• AvMed
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
  • Bluegrass Family Health

Learn about Dr. Jimenez

See how frequently Dr. Jimenez performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
Fracture
Fracture Care

Dr. Jimenez's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Jimenez "My philosophy is about service.  Service to my patients, my community, and my peers.  I am a surgeon and an educator.  I want my patient to achieve wellness and learn about their problem, so that they can become my partner in healthy decisions.

I pride myself on using cutting edge technology, and delivering excellent, up to date care, with an emphasis on kindness and compassion for my patients.

I will do everything in my power to help you achieve your goals when you become my patient. "

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Hip Pain
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Northwestern University Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1994
  • University Of Toronto
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Jimenez has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Jimenez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jimenez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jimenez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jimenez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jimenez to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Jimenez Says:

Please do not hesitate to contact the office if you have any concerns 847-375-3000.

Dr. Jimenez's Performance
in Huntley, IL |
I was in a terrible motorcycle accident on May 31, 2017. My right leg, arm and foot were crushed. Dr. Jimenez performed 2 surgeries on me and I wouldn't be where I am today (driving, working, walking with a cane) without him and his staff, primarily Chelsea. They instill confidence that things will work out and they help with the game plan to pull it off. I give Dr. Jimenez the highest marks possible. Listen to what he says, trust him, do what you are instructed and things will work out.
in Marengo , il |
After a very complicated break/fracture of my tibia I was referred to Dr. Jimenez by my local surgeon who had already operated without success .I was afraid I would never walk again . Dr. Jimenez was able to put my leg back together . It is nice and straight and I can walk and drive . Bless Dr.Jimenez and his staff . Nancy
in Skokie, IL |
When I talked with Dr. Jimenez about the bone on bone condition of my knees, he advised that I have both replaced and in the same surgery. I followed his advice. Most surgeons would not have advised that. I'm glad he did. He did the surgery and it was very successful.. He not only has the surgical skills, he has the emotional sensitivity to calm a scared patient. He later replaced my right hip. He made my legs the same length after an earlier doctor had made my left leg longer. Thanks.
Arlington Heights, IL |
Dr. Jimenez operated on my broken left elbow in February. He did an absolutely great job. I'm 90 years old and have full use of that arm. I would recommend him without hesitation. Sincerely, Georgia L. Olson
in Palatine, IL |
Dr. Jimenez performed two surgeries on my left leg/ankle and put together a total of six fractures and breaks in three different bones. His expertise was a key factor in allowing me to be able to walk today without crutches or other walking aids. I will always be grateful to him and his staff for their exceptional performance.
Dr. Jimenez performed total hip replacement for me. I ouldn't walk without pain and am so happy with this replacement. Dr. and his staff were very professional and helpful in making this decision. He is an excellent and very caring doctor!
in Englewood, oh |
I was taken to Lutheran General Hospital for emergency hip surgery. Fortunately Dr. Jimenez was available as my doctor. What started as a frightful experience resulted in a pleasant and successful outcome.
in Naperville,IL |
I had first surgery made in the May 2016 by Dr. Matthew Jimenez on my right shoulder due Rotator cuff tear after fall down on the street .Surgery was successful done without complication , My arm is free from pain and 100 % mobility, thanks for his excellent skill experience ,professionalism and rehabilitation team . In strict confidence I came back again to Dr. Jimenez in April 2017 for surgery Carpal tunnel . I highly recommend Dr. M. Jimenez and his very friendly and competent staff .
Elk Grove Village, IL |
Dr. Jimenez is a superior surgeon. Over 16 years I have had both hips replaced and one revision by Dr. Jimenez. These operations performed by Dr. Jimenez improved my quality of life. I would recommend Dr. Jimenez to any patient considering hip replacement without reservation.
in Des Plaines |
He replaced my completely destroyed hip (motorcycle accident) and thanks to him I am not stuck in a wheelchair. Very good doctor.
Des Plaines, IL |
Dr. Jimenez, He is the best, He repaired the torn cartilage in my knee. Relieved me of pain I have for years, limping around on gimpy knees.
in Chicago, Il |
Dr. Jimenez is always professional. He explains everything in easy to understand terms. He never rushes you. He always takes the time to make sure you understand everything and to answer any questions you might have. His assistants are also excellent. I have had several surgical procedures performed by Dr. Jimenez including knee scopes and a knee replacement. All procedures had positive results. I cannot say enough good things about . Dr. Jimenez.
in northbrook, il |
He is very kind and very competent!! He repaired my Mom's fractured femur , she broke it in 5 places and she is 92 yrs old. She is walking with a walker and are so very fortunate that he took her as a patient. Thanks to him and all of his staff at IBJ and Lutheran General. All follow up visits have been so easy!
in palatine |
Thanks for everything Dr. Matthew Jimenez
in Niles, IL |
Very much. I thought Dr. Matthew Jimenez diagnosed the injury and repaired the injury surgically. I have never felt better and my knee is pain free. I hope it continues to be pain free. Plus getting the jell shots seemed to help even more. I have been walking and riding a bike without any pain.
Deerfield, IL |
Dr. Jimenez did and excellent job at a Hip Replacement on surgery one and then surgery two of a femur fix on my 87 year old mother. She recovered great. His assistants were very caring and gave great personal attention pre and post surgery. I always felt like we were in the loop.
Skokie, IL |
Fabulous! In April I fell and besides other breaks, I broke my pelvis in 5 places! Dr Jimenez miraculously put it back together.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr Jimenez performed multiple surgeries on me over the course of several weeks that I needed after falling nearly 3 stories. I am eternally grateful for the work he did on my hip, elbow, and forearm. These were complicated surgeries as evidenced by another area hospital sending me to be treated by him, despite being under their care. He exudes the confidence that I needed to feel comfortable going into each surgery yet his care and concern was there both for myself as well as my family.
Chicago, IL |
Doctor Jimenez is an excellent surgeon and clinician. My husband was involved in a train vs. bike accident which required 2 surgeries and weeks of rehabilitation. Doctor Jimenez saved my husbands arm. There is no one better than Doctor Jimenez !!! Thank you for your wonderful expertise !!!
Oak Park, IL |
Less than successful setting of broken wrist. Ended up with crroked fingers.
in Park Ridge, IL |
Dr. Jimenez and his staff our outstanding. Don't look any farther than his office if you are experiencing knee pain. I had an awful experience at another practice and when I decided to seek another doctor I was thrilled with the care and professionalism of this practice. It is wonderful to live life without any pain and I am thankful to him and his staff for their professionalism and kindness. He truly is a great doctor!
in Tinley Park, IL |
I am very fortunate to be under the care of Dr. Matthew Jimenez. I had a full hip replacement and after just three weeks was back at work full time! I spent two nights in the hospital and would have gone home after just one night, but due to low blood pressure I spent another night. I experienced minimal pain, was walking the day after surgery (including doing stairs!). I was released without restrictions and had home physical therapy (3 times per week) for three weeks. I'm a grateful patient!
in IL |
My father asked me to write this testimonial as he is 80 years old and computers are just not his thing. The entire Mendoza family is very grateful to have had the honor to meet Dr. Jimenez as he has been a God send to our family. If it were not for him I would not have the honor of writing this testimonial he saved my dad's life. My dad has had 2 surgeries done by Dr. Jimenez ('07/'17) one was an emergency due to a flesh-eating bacteria and were both successful! Great work & care. Thank You
in Glenview, IL |
I am walking straight again for the first time in many years. I always thought my painful slouch was caused by scoliosis, stenosis and herniated discs... problems I do have and have been degenerating over time. Meeting Dr Matthew L. Jimenez was a blessing. One look and he diagnosed my problem as an arthritic hip and recommended anterior approach total hip replacement surgery. I immediately scheduled a date. Dr Jimenez, his assistant Chelsey and his entire friendly, competent team gave me the c
in Chicago, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr Jimenez for quite some time now. Procedures he has performed on me, Carpal tunnel both hands... Knee replacement, my right knee is 140 degrees and I am pain free. And lastly, rotator cuff repair with bursitis excavation, I am pain free with 100% mobilty. I highly recommend Dr Jimenez, he as well as his staff are without measure. Greg G. Chicago Il
in McHenry, IL |
Dr. Jimenez has and continues to fix me from multiple horrific injuries from a motorcycle accident. He is in a class all by his self a true artist and a hero to my wife and myself. I am so thankful that I was sent to him I don't know if I would have made it this far without him. '
He was professional, kind, and always made sure that I had the best possible care. His medical staff was warm, friendly, and extremely supportive. I could not be more pleased with the outcome of my surgery and my future. I would highly recommend Dr. Jimenez and his wonderful medical team.
in Des Plaines, IL |
Dr. JImenez did what he said he would do by getting rid of my pain and my limp. he used the anterior approach which led to a speedy recovery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Jimenez and his totally awesome team to my friends and family.
in Prospect Heights, IL |
Outstanding! He literally gave me my life back. I will be forever in debt to Dr. Jimenez. His staff is wonderful. He promised my hip and knee pain would go away after the operation, and it did. Thank you Dr. Jimenez!
in Chicago, IL |
The worst attitude wise doctor I had ever came across and horrible bed side manners. The only reason I had stuck with hip to do my surgery were the 5 star reviews on every site I came across his name. Now I'm 4 months after right hip arthroplasty, stuck at home, in severe pain at all times, take NSAIDs to move around the house on crutches, leg has very limited movements and it's awkwardly internally rotated at my hip joint. Was misinformed by his nurse on numerous things. Now looking at THR.
in Wheeling, IL |
Poor communication.
in Maywood, IL |
A few years back my left wrist was broken and the arm looked like the letter S. By all accounts I should not have complete and total use of this hand but here I am five years later with full use of hand, wrist and fingers. I do not have pain at all in this hand or wrist it is as if nothing ever happened to it. I tell everybody about Doctor Jimenez and the wonderful work he did on me. Thanks Dorothy T
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Jimenez, MD?
Are you Dr. Jimenez?