Dr. Matthew Jimenez, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

ILLINOIS BONE & JOINT INSTITUTE 9000 Waukegan Rd Ste 200 Morton Grove, IL 60053 Get Directions
Dr. Matthew Jimenez, MD
Dr. Jimenez is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon, fellowship trained in hip and pelvis reconstruction, specializing in orthopaedic fracture care and joint reconstruction. His patient centered focus is on soft-tissue preservation and rapid recovery. He has a special interest and expertise in the Direct Anterior Approach for total hip arthroplasty. Dr. Jimenez holds leadership roles with Illinois Bone & Joint Institute and Lutheran General Hospital. He is a past Board of Councilor for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and is the Past President of the Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Jimenez is Founder and Chairman of the non-profit Foundation for Education and Musculoskeletal Research. Dr. Jimenez has extensive research and academic experience. He is Chairman and Founder of the Annual Chicago Trauma Symposium, and lectures extensively locally, nationally, and internationally. He has published several articles and book chapters, and given numerous scientific presentations and exhibits. He is a leader and dedicated hip and pelvis reconstruction surgeon, committed to educating and healing the community.

Dr. Jimenez's Care Philosophy

My philosophy is about service. Service to my patients, my community, and my peers. I am a surgeon and an educator. I want my patient to achieve wellness and learn about their problem, so that they can become my partner in healthy decisions. I pride myself on using cutting edge technology, and delivering excellent, up to date care, with an emphasis on kindness and compassion for my patients. I will do everything in my power to help you achieve your goals when you become my patient.

Dr. Jimenez's Experience

See how Dr. Jimenez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Jimenez

Dr. Jimenez accepts 23 insurance carriers

Dr. Jimenez is now accepting new patients
ILLINOIS BONE & JOINT INSTITUTE9000 Waukegan Rd Ste 200
Morton Grove, IL 60053
(847) 357-3000Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Jimenez has admitting privileges.

Dr. Jimenez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jimenez to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Jimenez Says:

Please do not hesitate to contact the office if you have any concerns 847-375-3000.

Dr. Jimenez's Performance
in Park Ridge, IL |
Dr. Jimenez and his staff our outstanding. Don't look any farther than his office if you are experiencing knee pain. I had an awful experience at another practice and when I decided to seek another doctor I was thrilled with the care and professionalism of this practice. It is wonderful to live life without any pain and I am thankful to him and his staff for their professionalism and kindness. He truly is a great doctor!
in Tinley Park, IL |
I am very fortunate to be under the care of Dr. Matthew Jimenez. I had a full hip replacement and after just three weeks was back at work full time! I spent two nights in the hospital and would have gone home after just one night, but due to low blood pressure I spent another night. I experienced minimal pain, was walking the day after surgery (including doing stairs!). I was released without restrictions and had home physical therapy (3 times per week) for three weeks. I'm a grateful patient!
in IL |
My father asked me to write this testimonial as he is 80 years old and computers are just not his thing. The entire Mendoza family is very grateful to have had the honor to meet Dr. Jimenez as he has been a God send to our family. If it were not for him I would not have the honor of writing this testimonial he saved my dad's life. My dad has had 2 surgeries done by Dr. Jimenez ('07/'17) one was an emergency due to a flesh-eating bacteria and were both successful! Great work & care. Thank You
in Glenview, IL |
I am walking straight again for the first time in many years. I always thought my painful slouch was caused by scoliosis, stenosis and herniated discs... problems I do have and have been degenerating over time. Meeting Dr Matthew L. Jimenez was a blessing. One look and he diagnosed my problem as an arthritic hip and recommended anterior approach total hip replacement surgery. I immediately scheduled a date. Dr Jimenez, his assistant Chelsey and his entire friendly, competent team gave me the c
in Chicago, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr Jimenez for quite some time now. Procedures he has performed on me, Carpal tunnel both hands... Knee replacement, my right knee is 140 degrees and I am pain free. And lastly, rotator cuff repair with bursitis excavation, I am pain free with 100% mobilty. I highly recommend Dr Jimenez, he as well as his staff are without measure. Greg G. Chicago Il
in McHenry, IL |
Dr. Jimenez has and continues to fix me from multiple horrific injuries from a motorcycle accident. He is in a class all by his self a true artist and a hero to my wife and myself. I am so thankful that I was sent to him I don't know if I would have made it this far without him. '
He was professional, kind, and always made sure that I had the best possible care. His medical staff was warm, friendly, and extremely supportive. I could not be more pleased with the outcome of my surgery and my future. I would highly recommend Dr. Jimenez and his wonderful medical team.
in Des Plaines, IL |
Dr. JImenez did what he said he would do by getting rid of my pain and my limp. he used the anterior approach which led to a speedy recovery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Jimenez and his totally awesome team to my friends and family.
in Prospect Heights, IL |
Outstanding! He literally gave me my life back. I will be forever in debt to Dr. Jimenez. His staff is wonderful. He promised my hip and knee pain would go away after the operation, and it did. Thank you Dr. Jimenez!
in Chicago, IL |
The worst attitude wise doctor I had ever came across and horrible bed side manners. The only reason I had stuck with hip to do my surgery were the 5 star reviews on every site I came across his name. Now I'm 4 months after right hip arthroplasty, stuck at home, in severe pain at all times, take NSAIDs to move around the house on crutches, leg has very limited movements and it's awkwardly internally rotated at my hip joint. Was misinformed by his nurse on numerous things. Now looking at THR.
in Wheeling, IL |
Poor communication.
in Maywood, IL |
A few years back my left wrist was broken and the arm looked like the letter S. By all accounts I should not have complete and total use of this hand but here I am five years later with full use of hand, wrist and fingers. I do not have pain at all in this hand or wrist it is as if nothing ever happened to it. I tell everybody about Doctor Jimenez and the wonderful work he did on me. Thanks Dorothy T
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Jimenez, MD?
Are you Dr. Jimenez?

Compare Dr. Jimenez

Dr. Jimenez's Care Philosophy

My philosophy is about service.  Service to my patients, my community, and my peers.  I am a surgeon and an educator.  I want my patient to achieve wellness and learn about their problem, so that they can become my partner in healthy decisions.

Dr. Jimenez says...

Dr. Jimenez patient centered focus is on soft-tissue preservation and rapid recovery. He has a special interest and expertise in the Direct Anterior Approach for total hip arthroplasty and minimally invasive total knee arthroplasty.

DIRECT ANTERIOR HIP ARTHROPLASTY

The Direct Anterior Hip Arthroplasty produces effective and dramatic relief for adult patients suffering from severe arthritis of the hip.This hip replacement procedure provides recovery and return-to-lifestyle benefits not found in other surgical approaches for hip replacement.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO THE ANTERIOR APPROACH?

The Anterior Approach to total hip replacement is an alternative to traditional hip replacement surgery that provides the potential for less pain, faster recovery and improved mobility. Unlike traditional hip replacement surgery, this techniques allows the surgeon to work between the muscles and tissues without splitting or detaching them from the femur bone.

Dr. Jimenez says...

Dr. Jimenez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

University of Toronto

Completed in 1995

University of Utah

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Jimenez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jimenez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Excision of Radius or Ulna