Dr. Matthew Javernick, MD

Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction | Male

Dr. Matthew Javernick, MD
I am a native Coloradan who loves all this state has to offer. I am happily married with 3 young girls that keep us up both very busy. We love spending time together outside and being active. I initially trained in Civil Engineering then transitioned to medicine / surgery. I completed my medical training through a military scholarship with my internship and residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. I have completed two combat tours in Afghanistan and served the Department of Defense for 17 years. I then completed a Sports Medicine and Shoulder Reconstruction Fellowship with CU Sports Medicine through the UC Health Medical System.

Dr. Javernick's Care Philosophy

I love taking care of patients that want to get better and return to an active lifestyle. My goal is to provide efficient and timely care to all athletes and patients. I hope to foster an atmosphere of health and wellness and return athletes / patients to competition and life as soon as possible. My personal experience with both traditional and non-traditional sports, as well as my time in the US Army with two combat deployments to Afghanistan, a residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center during the height of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, sets me apart from my peers. I have cared for athletes from Team USA, the World Class Athlete Program, University of Colorado Athletic programs, Denver University Athletic Programs, a variety of professional and sponsored athletes as well as local high school and recreational athletes.

Dr. Javernick's Experience

See how Dr. Javernick's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Javernick

Dr. Javernick accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Javernick is now accepting new patients
    UC Health Orthopedics8890 N Union Blvd Ste 171
    Colorado Springs, CO 80920
    (719) 364-5633Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Javernick has admitting privileges.

Dr. Javernick's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Javernick to family and friends
    Dr. Javernick's Performance
    in Divide, CO |
    Dr. Javernick made me feel relaxed as he thoroughly explained the procedure for my anterior total hip replacement. He answered all my questions, before and after the surgery, in a caring manner. I highly recommend him.
    Denver, CO |
    Great service. Thank you
    Excellent Orthopedic surgeon.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    My experience with Dr. Javernick was excellent. He is kind and thorough in his explanations and care. I would recommend him to anyone and I happy with my treatment and medical outcome.
    in Manitou Springs, CO |
    One of the finest Doctors I have been treated by in many years. He is a thorough, careful and excellent surgeon. My left knee replacement went very well and I incurred no complications despite some challenging medical conditions. I greatly appreciate and respect his 'old fashioned' approach to medical care. He is an impressive surgeon.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    Dr. Javernick did my hip surgery 21/2 weeks ago and I was very pleased with the results. I am very active and walk 2 miles a day with no pain. I would readily recommend him.
    in Peyton, CO |
    Dr. Javernick performed an anterior total right hip replacement and I found him to be a very caring and likeable ... as well as competent. I went for a second opinion with another highly-rated provider who suggested a different course of action. I've been glad I put my trust in Dr. Javernick.
    in Colorado Springs, CO |
    I have known Dr.Javernick for many years ,he is very well respected by his colleagues and office staff, he is always even tempered ,listens, is an excellent, caring surgeon, I had 2 surgeries with him, my daughter had 2, coworkers and a friend's family member had excellent experiences with him as well. Dr.Javernick is very trustworthy and I would recommend him to anybody without any hesitation.
    Have you seen Dr. Matthew Javernick, MD?
    Are you Dr. Javernick?

Dr. Javernick says...

Dr. Javernick's Care Philosophy

Dr. Javernick says...

Shoulder Reconstruction: Rotator Cuff, Instability, Labrum, Total Shoulder Replacement and Reverse Shoulder Replacement.

Knee Reconstruction: ACL, Meniscus, Cartilage restoration, Re-alingment, Total Knee Replacement

Hip Reconstruction:  Hip Arthroscopy, FAI, Labrum Repair and Reconstruction, Anterior Total Hip Replacement

Dr. Javernick's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction
    •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Javernick has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

Why It Matters: Dr. Javernick's Board Certifications

University Of Colorado Orthopedic Sports Medicine

Completed in 2015

Colorado State University

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Javernick does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Javernick and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction