Dr. Matthew Hunt, MD

Dr. Matthew Hunt, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Matthew Hunt, MD is a general surgery specialist in Flowood, MS and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from University Of Mississippi in 2005 and specializes in general surgery and pediatric surgery.

1020 River Oaks Dr Ste 100

Flowood, MS 39232

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareOregon
  • CareSource
  • Centene
  • Community Health Choice

Learn about Dr. Hunt

See how frequently Dr. Hunt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Umbilical Hernia

Dr. Hunt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hunt "As a surgeon, I understand that visits, either in the ER or the office, are often stressful and frightening regarding the possibility of an operation. I believe that I have an ability to comfort and console patients and families in and around this time. I try to take time to explain procedures and plans simply and carefully to ensure that patients and family feel involved in their care. I also very much enjoy being a surgeon. I like to think that this is evident in my actions and practice."

• General Surgery
  • Pediatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• Mississippi College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • University Of Mississippi
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • University Of Mississippi Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • University Of Mississippi Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Hunt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hunt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hunt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hunt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hunt to family and friends

Dr. Hunt's Performance

Dr. Hunt was very nice, but performed a breast exam OVER my hospital gown. He completely dismissed my concerns before even "examining" me. Recommend a breast reduction when I went in for a breast lump. Nice guy, but I would never go back.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Allot of people that really don't know me say that I'm hard to deal with. The truth of the matter is in my short life I've been through so much that trusting Dr's, can be very difficult. I come from Florida where the Dr's are not just out to get paid, they truly care/love their patients. When I met...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I met Dr, Hunt 15-30 minutes before surgery. His bedside manners helped relieved the nervousness of sergery. The surgery went well. I would recommend him to family and friends.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Hunt is the best doctor I have ever had. It just so happened I needed an emergency surgery and he did such a great job! He fixed my obstruction and even after a few years, everything is just like it was before the surgery. Anythime I was worried and had questions, he personally and promplty...more
Are you Dr. Hunt?