Dr. Matthew Hepinstall, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 74 reviews.
Excellent all around.
Author:
Dr. Hepinstall has to be one of the best orthopedic surgeons in NYC. I've had to have three different joint replacement surgeries (both hips and one knee) over the past four years and from the first surgery I was assured by the thorough pre-op, post-op and surgical care received that I had chosen well. I have absolutely NO HESITATION in recommending him in the highest of terms.
Author:
From my first visit with Dr. Hepinstall I felt assured I chose the right surgeon. He takes his time to explain the process and answers all questions thoroughly. He did a fantastic job on my knee and I do not hesitate to recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Hepinstall is a skilled surgeon who is a fine, caring person. He spent pre-op and post-op time with me and answered any questions I asked.
Author:
Dr Hepinstall is a caring, skilled compassionate and gifted surgeon. He displays empathy and humility in his care of the patient. He leaves you with the sense that you are in good hands and good judgement. After being in the previous care of another orthopedic surgeon, my wife and I switched to Dr. Hepinstall from the recommendation of other patients. After reviewing his video on the Northwell website I was convinced that Dr Hepinstall would be a great fit. My surgical outcome confirmed that.
Author:
Dr. Hepinstall, his hospital and staff were and are fantastic!! I thought having my painful left hip replaced was going to be a nightmare but they showed me that I was wrong! From pre-surgery to post-surgery I was cared for in the most diligent careful way and for that I am forever amazed and thankful!
Author:
My experience with Dr. Hempinstall and his entire team and network was one of total professionalism, genuine patient care and sensitivity and lastly thorough after care and follow up. I would and have already recommended the dr to colleagues,family and friends. Thank you so much Dr Hempinstall for helping getting the quality of my life back on track!!!
Author:
He is the one that you want to go to because he is the best orthopedic surgeon in New York City he did my knee and my hip total replacement for both and I feel amazing and I healed very quickly thanks to Dr. Matthew Hepinstall,MD I am the number to bionic woman Sincerely yours always and forever Victoria Klasa P. S. And you have an amazing awesome staff and I love them all you get 10 stars for me ??????????
Author:
I had the good fortune to have Dr. Hepinstall recommended to me to do my knee replacement. However, I did my due diligence and met with another surgeon at HSS - my takeaway was that I wanted Dr. Hepinstall to perform the surgery. Surgery was successful, communications with the doctor and his team was excellent - and, I'm back on the golf course.
Author:
Both hips replaced within 8 months and the whole team is professional , personable and I would reccomend Dr Hepinstall with no reservations. The Lenox Hill Hospital must sing staff and ancillary care givers gave excellent, safe care.
Author:
Fantastic experience. Great integration with hospital staff. Online progress monitoring and PT exercises are simple to access and useful. Everyone on team is competent and friendly. Very greatful my path lead to Dr. Hepinstall. Couldn't imagine a better outcome.
Author:
Dr Hepinstall is a wonderful young doctor. He has the warmest smile and makes you very comfortable. He and his care team is 10 +++ in my book. Everyone that’s associated with his care team is highly skilled in their field and caring. I had the best care ever from everyone during my stay at Lenox Hill Hospital. I can’t praise them enough. I am grateful for Dr Hepinstall and ask god to continue to watch over him as he heals people. May he live a long healthy successful life.
Author:
Excellent service, inspires confidence, would definitely recommend to family and friends.
Author:
Dr. Hepinstall is a wonderful doctor. I was very happy with the results of my total knee replacement as well as the care I received with followup visits. What I appreciated most, was Dr, Hepinstall's clarity and honesty in explaining the procedure and what to expect and what was expected from me to have a successful outcome from surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Hepinstall to all family and friends!
Author:
Overall, very pleased with the procedure and the results. I understand the practice of allowing the PA to do most pre and post surgery exams but wouldve been more satisfied if the Dr was more invloved.
Author:
Dr. Hepinstall is an amazing surgeon. He gave me a new right hip last spring, and the recuperation was speedy and virtually painless. I have NO limitations of any consequence and I feel great! I highly recommend him!!
Author:
I am a patient of Dr. Hepinstall. There are so many positive attributes to my experience with his surgery that it will be difficult to convey all at once. Most notably, his compassion level allowed me to heal beautifully after my hip surgery as I could relax. His technical expertise was demonstrated by the fact that I walked the same day. I had almost no pain.. Finally, he had everything set up from a visit with me before the surgery and then at night after surgery.
Author:
I felt very secure with Dr. Hepinstall, his professional interaction with me, his skill as a surgeon as well as his team.
Author:
I have already highly recommended Dr. Hepinstall and his team to several people. He is so down to earth, friendly, listens and answers questions as does his PA and the whole team. Perfect results and follow-up. I will go to him for the other hip when necessary... He deserves all the awards he's won!
Author:
Dr. Hepinstall was highly recommended to me by a friend who had just had an anterior hip replacement done by the Dr. I was limping in pain and had an overseas sightseeing trip planned in a few months...nine weeks after my hip replacement I was walking unaided and touring in Europe! The care and expertise of the Doctor, the hospital and office staff made my surgery and recovery highly successful...thank you so much!
Author:
I would recommend Dr. Hepinstall for Hip replacement surgery. He and his team helped me get back to a normal pain free life. I am able to walk normal and the entire experience was positive for me. From learning what was in store for me prior to the procedure to the rehabilitation afterwards, I always felt I had a team to help me recover fully. Can't believe I'm coming up to one year already.
Author:
Hepinstall, his PA, and the whole are true professionals. I had my knee replaced and left Lenox Hill the day of the surgery. Everytime I had a question they were right there. I can not recommend this group highly enough.
Author:
I have had 3 operations with Dr Hepinstall. I continued with him because of his expertise, compassion and patience to hear any and all issues He never rushed my making a decision to operate but waited until I wad psychologically ready. Can’t say enough good things
Author:
Dr Hepibstall saved my ability to walk. I went to him seeking answers to pain from a previous hip surgery.. He showed me through multiple view X-rays what was wrong and subsequently causing my excruciating pain. The hip replacement surgery has allowed me to walk without a cane and to once again enjoy being outside with my wife and son. I thank him from the bottom of my heart for what he was able to do for me and my family.
Author:
Unfortunately Im disappointed that no where in your website do you state that you only see patients of age 40 and above. I tried scheduling an appointment and after all my information was taken then insurance was taken the person i spoke to said I cant be seen because I am 31. If this is known why not ask for the persons age first and let them know from the beginning before gathering all your personal information. I found it ridiculous if someone has an injury how can you not treat them.
Author:
The greatest doctor I have ever met, he made me walk again
Author:
Absolutely awful.....talks like a real expert but sad to report that he is an incompetent surgeon. His bedside manner is arrogant and disrespectful. More of those that he has negatively impacted with bad surgeries should step up and be heard. Be careful....go elsewhere if possible.
Author:
Two months ago Dr. Hepinstall performed anterior hip replacement surgery on me and I cannot have hoped for a better outcome. He is an amazing surgeon and a very caring and thoughtful man based on the care he gave me. Before surgery he spent time addressing my concerns and options regarding my surgery. His follow-up was equally thorough. His entire office staff was just as caring. I know I received the best care possible and, for that, I highly recommend Dr. Hepinstall. He is truly one of a kind.
Author:
Dr. Hepinstall was my surgeon for my partial knee replacement in December 2015. The operation was a complete success, and I was able to make attend a theatre performance the next day, back to work in just over a week, and back engaging in vigorous athletic activity within a month. Dr. Hepinstall and his staff were available at seemingly any hour to answer my questions and address my concerns, and were always curteous and helpful. I recommend him without any hesitation.
Author:
Dr. Hepinstall replaced my Hip, what a great Doctor!! Surgery went well. I highly recommend Dr. Hepinstall