Dr. Matthew Henry, MD

Dr. Matthew Henry, MD

Neurosurgery  |
55 reviews

Dr. Matthew Henry, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Wichita, KS. He is 46 years old. Dr. Henry is affiliated with Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and ER, Wesley Medical Center, Kansas Spine Hospital and Via Christi Hospital St. Francis....See Less

Abay Neuroscience Center

3223 N Webb Rd Ste 1

Wichita, KS 67226

• American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Managed Care (Non-HMO)
  • Medico

Learn about Dr. Henry

Dr. Henry's Experience

Dr. Henry's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurosurgery

• Brain Aneurysm
  • Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Craniopharyngioma

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Puncture Aspiration
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• St. Louis University of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University of Texas Health Science Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Baylor University

Dr. Henry has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Henry does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Henry and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Henry's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Henry to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Henry's Performance
    GOOD
Haysville, KS |
I have had two surgeries. By him. And still live in pain every day. I was better off before he touched me. He never explained the dangers or possibilities of what could happen. Walking short short distance is horrible. Tried to go back. Called. So many times they never return calls after 6 months I gave up he's not worth going back to Changed my life. Can't walk sit or sleep every day is horrible and painfull
in Anthony, Ks |
Dr Henry operated on my neck in 2009. I had cervical stenosis. I actually had to have surgeries. The first surgery was an Anterior Cervical Discectomy. He was going in through my throat trying to save me from having to have the Posterior Cervical Laminectomy surgery, as it is a much more serious surgery with longer recovery time. The first surgery didn't hold. So he ended up having to do the Posterior surgery after all. He was caring, knowledgeable and very personable. GREAT doctor !!
Bellevue, WA |
Dr Henry is amazing! He's done 2 surgeries on me and I would recommend him, and have, to anyone! He's very friendly and willing to listen. The wait time can be pretty long in the waiting room, but he's worth the wait! He's amazing! Now.....Kim, his "nurse" is, horrendous. She's hateful, unwilling to return phone calls, fill out ANY paperwork, or do any thing out of her way to help you. And don't get on her bad side, that happens if you try to get her to do basically ANYTHING.
GREAT BEND |
Dr Henry was excellent my first visit, through surgery and the following up visit post surgery however 6 months later I have been put on the burner furthest away from the heat! They refused to see me, recommended in see my regular doctor, she forwarded me to an orthopedic doctor, he advised the problem was in my neck and to go back to Dr. HENRY. I completed the required testes and still haven't heard back. That was 5 weeks ago. I've called 3 times to no avail. Super frustrating!
in Haysville, KS |
He told me i would need surgery from my neck down due to dengrated disc diease.. he did lower back surgery, had me on a bunch of pain meds and muscle relaxers, then i go in for an appt . He says "theres nothing more i can do for you now". And no more scripts. And Kim his nurse is so rude. Dr Henry wont even see me anymore.. where am i suppose to go to so i can finish getting my neck and back fixed. He did a great job on my surgery, and i want to go back, but some reason kim is blocking me!
in Douglass, Ks |
Dr Henry put a metal plate in my neck. He was very professional and an amazing doctor! I would trust him to operate on anyone!
in Springdale, AR |
I received a second opinion by Dr. Henry because he was recommended by a friend. He told me that I only needed a small surgery called a microdiscectomy instead of a spinal fusion, which the orthopedic spine surgeon told me that I needed. It was an outpatient surgery and I went home the same day Dr. Henry operated on me. He treated me like I was a patient, not a dollar sign. If you need any spine operation, Dr. Henry is the man to see.
in great bend, KS |
Dr. Henry was the first spine surgeon to recommend a microdiscectomy rather than a spinal fusion. He explained the merits of avoiding an unnecesary fusion, and one year out from surgery, my leg pain is gone and back is much better.
in Wichita, KS |
very caring and explained whole process with me and my wife. Have been pain-free since surgery one year ago. excellent gentleman.
New York, NY |
My first appointment was canceled about 10 minutes before my time. The secon appointment I spent 1 hour waiting to get into his office and 45 minutes when I got in there. He spent 10 minutes with me.
in Wichita, KS |
I had my ACDF C5-C6 in October 2015. Last follow up in January 2016 showed everything was fine. However I'm in pain 24/7 and contacted Dr's office and his nurse told me I needed a referral to see him. I obtained the referral and she said that they are not Pain Management, I told her I wanted to see him if is there anything that can be checked but she is so negative, does not seem like even care and just want to take me out of the way. Meaning like is not their problem anymore?
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Henry, MD?
Are you Dr. Henry?

Visit Dr. Henry

Dr. Henry accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • CoreSource
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Managed Care (Non-HMO)