Dr. Matthew Fitzer, MD

Dr. Matthew Fitzer, MD

Bariatric Surgery  ·
Dr. Matthew Fitzer, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Reston, VA and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School Of The Medical College Of Hampton Roads in 2000 and specializes in bariatric surgery and general surgery.

1850A Town Center Pkwy

Reston, VA 20190

Learn about Dr. Fitzer

See how frequently Dr. Fitzer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Gastric Bypass Surgery, Laparoscopic
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure

Dr. Fitzer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Fitzer "Bariatric surgery is a demanding specialty, and I believe that a physician cannot really provide high-quality care unless they commit to their full attention to it. Bariatric surgery is all that we do at Virginia Bariatric Surgery."

• Bariatric Surgery
  • General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Christopher Newport University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • University of Missouri Hospitals and Clinics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2006

• French

Dr. Fitzer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fitzer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fitzer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fitzer to family and friends

Dr. Fitzer's Performance

Based upon reviews from this site and others I scheduled an appointment to see Dr Fitzer. I must say I was extremely disappointed in the experience. 1) Upper GI completed 1/4 2) concerns with the test as communicated by the radiologist 3) didn’t see Dr Fitzer until 2/15 4) when I finally saw him...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had bariatric surgery (gastric bypass R-N-Y) in June 2013. I lost over 200 lb in the first year. I feel wonderful! I am 67 yrs old and feel younger and better than I have in many years. Dr. Fitzer is the best surgeon in the world and I am so thankful I found him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I would recommend Dr. Fitzer to anyone! He performed gastric bypass surgery on myself and my son in January 2016. My son as lost 130 pounds and I have lost 101 pounds. His office staff is excellent and very sensitive to our needs. I went from 11 prescriptions meds to one (eye drops). I haven't...more
Are you Dr. Fitzer?