Dr. Matthew W. Eidem, MD

Dr. Matthew W. Eidem, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 41 years old

66 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Matthew Eidem started his Gastroenterology practice in Plano, Texas in August 2007 with the intent of serving the people of Plano, Frisco, Wylie, Murphy, Richardson, Dallas, and surrounding areas,. He provides high quality care with compassion and individual attention to his patients.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Eidem's Experience

See how Dr. Eidem's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Eidem

Dr. Eidem accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Eidem has admitting privileges.

Dr. Eidem's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Eidem to family and friends
Dr. Eidem Says:

Dr. Eidem's Performance
in Garland, TX 75042 |
It was very pleasant experience,and I will highly recommend to my family and friends.No pain no side affects afterwords .Thank You to everyone who works there to make me feel comfortable.Danuta Smerke
in Little Elm , TX |
Dr. Eidem is awesome!! He's very personable and so is his staff. He quickly and effectively diagnosed the source of why my stomach hurt me all the time and immediately started me on a treatment plan.
in Sanger, TX |
WOW!! My entire experience was excellent. I went in at 9:30 am and was out by 10:45 am total time. The staff was extremely friendly and Dr. Eidem was friendly and explained my procedure and findings to me in ways I could understand. No one likes having procedures done, but if I need to do it again, I will definitely go here!!!
in Richardson, TX |
Dr. Eidem cares for his patients's welfare, takes time to to talk to me, and makes sure all your questions answered. After the procedure he clearly explains the results and what to expect next. In his office, the scheduler lady (Laura) is very helpful and willing to work with your schedule.
in Sulphur Springs, TX |
I had never met Dr. Eidem until I was scheduled for my endoscopy & colonoscopy! I really liked him, very caring & great bedside manners! I would not hesitate to use him again. The Endscopy Center was very good, everyone was very kind & helpful........ I had great care from start to finish!
in Allen, Tx |
Excellent caring Doctor, really takes the time to explain results to you and to make sure you understand your plan of treatment. Highly recommend!
in Plano, TX |
Very friendly and knowledgeable. The endoscopy procedure was easy and painless.
in Carrollton |
Dr. Eidem was very friendly, informative and professional. I could instantly relate and felt very comfortable having my procedures done by him. He exhibited a sense of confidence without arrogance that made me relax and know I was in good hands.
in Lewisville, Texas |
Takes his time to answer questions and is very caring!!
in Prosper, TX |
Dr. Eidem and his staff made me feel at ease and were very helpful during my appointment. Dr. Eidem is a highly skilled, personable physician. I would recommend him to everyone.
Frisco, TX |
Dr. Eidem is very patient and helpful. He takes his time to listen and provide solutions. I've really enjoyed working with him to better my health.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Eidem was extremely personable and didn't rush thru the appointment. He was very caring prior to and after doing a colonoscopy. I would highly recommend Dr. Eidem!
in Plano, TX |
He is very knowledgeable and friendly. He is clear in his explanation and addressed my problem quickly.
in Livingston, TX |
I really like Dr. Eidem's attitude toward his patients. He is very willing to answer questions and has never been condescending towards me.
in Rochester, NY |
My new Doctor is simply amazing. Not only does he listen to your concerns, his responses provide you with a knowing intelligent answer. I am so glad that I switched Doctor's. This decision might have been a life saving event for me personally.
in McKinney, TX |
Great Experience for first time colonoscopy.
in Kaufman, TX |
Dr. Eidem came highly recommended but I was still skeptical probably because I was seeing him to have a colonoscopy! I really didn't plan on liking the doctor that would perform this procedure. However, much to my surprise, he was wonderful. I will always recommend him in the future. He made a dreaded experience very comfortable! Terri Burdick, Kaufman, TX
in Frisco, TX |
Very thorough, caring and always smiling. He still looks like he's in his 20's. We have been his patients for 10+ years. I think that says a lot about our opinion of him as a GE.
in Plano, TX |
Professional, friendly and one of the best doctors in the Dallas area.
in Dallas |
I was in and out in 50 minutes. I had no problems and the doctor had plenty of staff. Overall it was a very good experience.
in Dallas, TX |
I experienced no pain or discomfort during my procedure. He did everything he could to make me comfortable and feel at ease. Very kind and has great bedside behavior. I would highly recommend Dr. Eidem.
Dr Eidem is awesome! He has the best bedside manner I have ever experienced with a physician! And of course, very knowledgeable and proficient !!! If you are looking for a GI physician he is one of the best in Plano/ Dallas metroplex.
in Little Elm ,Texas |
Great Person, always have a friendly smile. Very knowledgable and he make you feel comfortable .
Dr Eidem is fantastic. He really cares about his patients.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew W. Eidem, MD?
Are you Dr. Eidem?

Compare Dr. Eidem

Dr. Eidem says...

Matthew Eidem, MD in Plano, TX was born and raised in rural Minnesota. He received his Bachelor's degree from North Dakota State University and earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Minnesota. Dr. Eidem completed his post graduate training in internal medicine and gastroenterology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He spent a year as a Clinical Instructor at the University of Texas Health Science Center after being selected Chief Resident of the Internal Medicine program. Dr. Eidem is board certified in gastroenterology and internal medicine. He belongs to numerous affiliations including the American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterology Association, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the Texas Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy. Outside of Medicine, Dr. Eidem enjoys sports, traveling and spending time with his family. He is married and has two children.

Dr. Eidem's Care Philosophy

Dr. Eidem says...

Dr. Eidem's practice specializes in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Celiac Disease, acid reflux and colon cancer screening.

Dr. Eidem says...

Matthew Eidem, MD specializes in making diagnoses of digestive conditions, which affect the digestive tract like colon cancer. Colonoscopy can be a life saving screening that everyone should have by the age of 50. Dr. Eidem offers direct colonoscopy to qualifying patients, so that you don't have to incur an office visit before having this cancer screening. This will save the patient time and the expense of an office visit, and Dr. Eidem hopes that this will help to encourage a higher participation rate in colon cancer screening.

Dr. Eidem says...

Providing a positive patient experience with all aspects of my practice is very important to me and my entire team. We use the patient feedback on sites like Healthgrades to gauge both areas that we can improve upon and as acknowledgement that the care and service provided is appreciated as well. I encourage all current and prospective patients to view not only the survey responses regarding my practice on Healthgrades, but other online review websites as well.

Dr. Eidem's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine

• Super Doctors 2012 - Rising Stars Award, 2012
    • Compassionate Doctor Recognition by the American Registry, 2011
    • Patients Choice Award by the American Registry, 2009-2011

Dr. Eidem has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Eidem's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio

Completed in 2007

North Dakota State University / Main Campus

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Eidem does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Eidem and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy