Dr. Matthew Eidem, MD

Dr. Matthew Eidem, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Matthew Eidem, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Plano, TX. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Read his story

1600 Coit Rd Ste 301

Plano, TX 75075

• AvMed
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Eidem

See how frequently Dr. Eidem performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Stomach Diseases
Gastrointestinal Diseases
Diarrhea

Dr. Eidem's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Eidem's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Eidem "Matthew Eidem, MD in Plano, TX was born and raised in rural Minnesota. He received his Bachelor's degree from North Dakota State University and earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Minnesota. Dr. Eidem completed his post graduate training in internal medicine and gastroenterology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He spent a year as a Clinical Instructor at the University of Texas Health Science Center after being selected Chief Resident of the Internal Medicine program. Dr. Eidem is board certified in gastroenterology and internal medicine. He belongs to numerous affiliations including the American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterology Association, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the Texas Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy. Outside of Medicine, Dr. Eidem enjoys sports, traveling and spending time with his family. He is married and has two children."

This content was provided by Dr. Eidem "Dr. Matthew Eidem started his Gastroenterology practice in Plano, Texas in August 2007 with the intent of serving the people of Plano, Frisco, Wylie, Murphy, Richardson, Dallas, and surrounding areas,. He provides high quality care with compassion and individual attention to his patients."

• Gastroenterology

• Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy

Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

• Super Doctors 2012 - Rising Stars Award, 2012
  • Compassionate Doctor Recognition by the American Registry, 2011
  • Patients Choice Award by the American Registry, 2009-2011

Dr. Eidem has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Eidem does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Eidem and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Eidem's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Eidem to family and friends
Dr. Eidem Says:

Providing a positive patient experience with all aspects of my practice is very important to me and my entire team. We use the patient feedback on sites like Healthgrades to gauge both areas that we can improve upon and as acknowledgement that the care and service provided is appreciated as well. I encourage all current and prospective patients to view not only the survey responses regarding my...

Dr. Eidem's Performance
in Richardson, TX |
Excelent Doctor.
in Plano, TX |
Five years ago Dr. Eidem performed my diagnostic procedure. When I needed this one, I returned to Dr. Eidem. Same professionalism, support staff, efficient facility, not disappointments. For me, it was very easy to schedule this diagnostic procedure appointment.
Plano, TX |
Dr. Eidem and his whole staff are good people. They were friendly and efficient. Aftewards you don't even know you just had a colonoscopy, except for that prep the night before.
in Frisco, TX |
I would recommend Dr Eidem to everyone! He is very professional as is his staff at the endoscopy center. My husband and I have been going to him for ten years.
in Dallas, TX |
Highly recommend Dr Eidem. Excellent physician, caring and always pleasant. Also great staff.
Prosper, TX |
I needed a new GI doctor after moving from Houston. After extensive research I chose Dr. Eidem. My wife and I both see him and have been very pleased with our choice. At my first office visit he spent considerable time with me and I was very comfortable talking with him. He has excellent clinical skills, listens well and his staff has been excellent to work with.
Love Dr. Eidem but good luck getting his staff to return a phone call. He is a 5 star doctor, his office staff not so much.
Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for any difficulty you experienced when communicating with the practice. All patient communications are important to us, and I'll address the issue described in the review with my team to see if we have a broken process or just made a mistake. Providing excellent customer service along with great healthcare are what we strive to achieve with each patient interaction. We'll do our best to make sure this situation is not repeated. Thank you.
Allen, TX |
Dr Eidem was personable and very thorough with me. He made sure I completely understood what would happen before and after my procedure. He and his staff were courteous and professional.
Mckinney, TX |
I found Dr. Eidem and staff very supportive and informive in answering my question. They were comforting in addressing my concerns.
in Plano, tx |
Extremely great doctor, great bedside manners, competent, caring knowledgeable.
in Plano, TX |
Dr Eidem is an excellent doctor, very professional, knowledgeable, very patient, and very accurate diagnostic to the health problems. He spends enough time examing, listening, , and explaining to the patient. He is the best doctor!
in Dallas, TX |
Outstanding doctor with excellent bed side manners.....a winner!!
in Murphy, TX |
Excellent experience, Dr Eidem was referred by several moms of Murphy on their FB page. I will also refer due to the favorable experience. Thanks!
in Allen, TX |
The whole procedure was smoothly executed without pain. I believe it was less than 10 minutes. Dr. Eidem explained every step clearly before starting the procedure, so I was aware of what he was doing during the procedure. I was able to walk out of his office without help.
Lewisville, TX |
I would love to give a review of Dr. Eidem, However because of his office help I am unlikely to ever meet him. I was trying to set up A appointment but after speaking to his support staff I changed my mind. His office staff was not only condescending but extremely rude. I think that's enough.
Thank you for providing your feedback and I apologize for the unpleasant phone experience. Our goal is to deliver a positive experience with all patient interactions, and that is very important to me. I'll review our phone etiquette guidelines with my team this week and use this review as an example of where we did not execute our service goal. If you are still needing an appointment, please visit http://www.mattheweidem.com/request-appointment/ and we'll do our best to accommodate your schedule
in Garland, TX 75042 |
It was very pleasant experience,and I will highly recommend to my family and friends.No pain no side affects afterwords .Thank You to everyone who works there to make me feel comfortable.Danuta Smerke
in Little Elm , TX |
Dr. Eidem is awesome!! He's very personable and so is his staff. He quickly and effectively diagnosed the source of why my stomach hurt me all the time and immediately started me on a treatment plan.
in Sanger, TX |
WOW!! My entire experience was excellent. I went in at 9:30 am and was out by 10:45 am total time. The staff was extremely friendly and Dr. Eidem was friendly and explained my procedure and findings to me in ways I could understand. No one likes having procedures done, but if I need to do it again, I will definitely go here!!!
in Richardson, TX |
Dr. Eidem cares for his patients's welfare, takes time to to talk to me, and makes sure all your questions answered. After the procedure he clearly explains the results and what to expect next. In his office, the scheduler lady (Laura) is very helpful and willing to work with your schedule.
in Sulphur Springs, TX |
I had never met Dr. Eidem until I was scheduled for my endoscopy & colonoscopy! I really liked him, very caring & great bedside manners! I would not hesitate to use him again. The Endscopy Center was very good, everyone was very kind & helpful........ I had great care from start to finish!
in Allen, Tx |
Excellent caring Doctor, really takes the time to explain results to you and to make sure you understand your plan of treatment. Highly recommend!
in Plano, TX |
Very friendly and knowledgeable. The endoscopy procedure was easy and painless.
in Carrollton |
Dr. Eidem was very friendly, informative and professional. I could instantly relate and felt very comfortable having my procedures done by him. He exhibited a sense of confidence without arrogance that made me relax and know I was in good hands.
in Lewisville, Texas |
Takes his time to answer questions and is very caring!!
in Prosper, TX |
Dr. Eidem and his staff made me feel at ease and were very helpful during my appointment. Dr. Eidem is a highly skilled, personable physician. I would recommend him to everyone.
Frisco, TX |
Dr. Eidem is very patient and helpful. He takes his time to listen and provide solutions. I've really enjoyed working with him to better my health.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Eidem was extremely personable and didn't rush thru the appointment. He was very caring prior to and after doing a colonoscopy. I would highly recommend Dr. Eidem!
in Plano, TX |
He is very knowledgeable and friendly. He is clear in his explanation and addressed my problem quickly.
in Livingston, TX |
I really like Dr. Eidem's attitude toward his patients. He is very willing to answer questions and has never been condescending towards me.
in Rochester, NY |
My new Doctor is simply amazing. Not only does he listen to your concerns, his responses provide you with a knowing intelligent answer. I am so glad that I switched Doctor's. This decision might have been a life saving event for me personally.
in McKinney, TX |
Great Experience for first time colonoscopy.
in Kaufman, TX |
Dr. Eidem came highly recommended but I was still skeptical probably because I was seeing him to have a colonoscopy! I really didn't plan on liking the doctor that would perform this procedure. However, much to my surprise, he was wonderful. I will always recommend him in the future. He made a dreaded experience very comfortable! Terri Burdick, Kaufman, TX
in Frisco, TX |
Very thorough, caring and always smiling. He still looks like he's in his 20's. We have been his patients for 10+ years. I think that says a lot about our opinion of him as a GE.
in Plano, TX |
Professional, friendly and one of the best doctors in the Dallas area.
in Dallas |
I was in and out in 50 minutes. I had no problems and the doctor had plenty of staff. Overall it was a very good experience.
in Dallas, TX |
I experienced no pain or discomfort during my procedure. He did everything he could to make me comfortable and feel at ease. Very kind and has great bedside behavior. I would highly recommend Dr. Eidem.
Dr Eidem is awesome! He has the best bedside manner I have ever experienced with a physician! And of course, very knowledgeable and proficient !!! If you are looking for a GI physician he is one of the best in Plano/ Dallas metroplex.
in Little Elm ,Texas |
Great Person, always have a friendly smile. Very knowledgable and he make you feel comfortable .
Dr Eidem is fantastic. He really cares about his patients.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Eidem, MD?

Visit Dr. Eidem