Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. Driscoll

Austin Regional Clinic

1301 W 38th St Ste 102 Austin, TX 78705

Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD is an orthopedic sports medicine surgery specialist in Austin, TX and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from Baylor College of Medicine in 2008 and specializes in orthopedic sports medicine, orthopedic surgery, and more.

Dr. Driscoll's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Driscoll

Dr. Driscoll?
Dr. Driscoll's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD
RecentMost Helpful
I work in medical education, and Dr. Driscoll embodies many of the qualities we try to instill in our medical students. He is, first and foremost, a top surgeon, and clearly keeps abreast of the latest research and best practices in treatment. His bedside manner is an excellent combination of patience and directness. Finally, though healthcare in general is not perfect, his team did its best to make the process, from initial consult through to final follow-up, as smooth as possible.
Dear Nicholas, Thank you so much for your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
Doc is THE Man! We worked together to decide on the proper graft to pull. Always a smile on his staff and very responsive when it came to calling in a 'script or needing to talk to him/assistant. 6 mo post complete ACL reconstruction+minuscus damage, i am back to doing what i love about 85%-90% speed-Golf, Hockey, and Skiing If you are debating docs in the ATX area, STOP. It's Dr. Driscoll. Easy as that. My PT team was thoroughly pleased with my rapid progression through the recovery process a
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
Dr Driscoll cared enough to take the time to find my problem which had masked itself as symptoms of a different problem. He was very thorough and didn't stop till he found the problem. I had previously seen another doctor about the same thing a week earlier. That doctor was ready to do unnecessary treatment on a good knee until Dr Driscoll discovered the problem was my hip. Dr Driscoll really cares!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
Dr. Driscoll has been amazing to work with, and very informative and thorough through the entire process. 3 months out of shoulder surgery, and already making great progress on recovery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
Dr. Driscoll was perfect. He did an amazing job fixing my ankle. He clearly communicated with me every step of the way and far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a top quality Orthopedic Surgeon. Dr. Driscoll truly cares about his patients. He is trustworthy, thorough, and performed flawlessly throughout the entire process. I am incredibly grateful for his skills and can finally walk again thanks to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
As a very active sports and fitness oriented person, a torn Achilles tendon was a major setback to my normal routine. A member of my family had their's torn, but had to have it surgically repaired. I was a bit skeptical at the beginning when Dr. Driscoll did not recommend surgery with my injury. I remember asking a lot of questions, and voiced concerns with the healing process. With physical therapy and self-determination, I am able to walk, 2 months later, unassisted.
Dear Mr. Green, We are glad to hear that...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
I used Dr. Driscoll because a friend used him and said he was great. I too had a great experience.
Dear Cason B., Thanks! We think that Dr....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
Dr. Driscoll is nothing less than a super star Surgeon. He is extraordinarily bright, cutting edge, and is the most compassionate Dr. I have used in my adult life. For example, my first shoulder surgery from injury was done perfectly but the recovery was quite painful. Dr. Driscoll called me everyday, sometimes twice a day, to help me manage pain. Dr. Driscoll had left on vacation and gave me his cell number if I needed help. I can't express with words the excellence this Dr. Exemplifies.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
Dr. Driscoll is amazing. I had a complete shoulder replacement. At my age of 58 I can say I was a bit concerned. I can honestly say I felt no true pain through the entire recovery. My in home therapist said he did an amazing job, my out patient therapist is amazed at my progress in therapy. He said my range of motion is better than many with real shoulders and said - that's due to my motivation but mostly to the skill of the surgeon. Highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
I damaged my left knee while on a hike at Big Bend, and sought out an orthopedic surgeon once back in Austin. Dr. Driscoll was able to characterize my problem in-office via x-ray and physical exam, which was later confirmed by MRI. The surgical repair was a success. I very much appreciated his and his staff's willingness to listen to my concerns, suggest the viable range of alternatives open to me, and provide me a video of my surgery once completed. I was very satisfied with my experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
In my life experience with doctors I have rarely seen so much compassion and understanding from a doctor and surgeon. I will not forget to mention how competent an thorough he has been during my treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
Very well educated on the latest techniques and surgery processes. Best Dr. I've ever had. Dr. Driscoll is easy to talk to, listens and validates where your concerns are. Understands patient needs and does what is right for the patient based on your conditions. Excellent communication skills in explaining xray and mri results. Great follow up on next steps and what his concerns are with recommendations based on experience. Very thorough and knowledgeable in his field. Top notch Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
Dr. Driscoll is extremely competent. I recently tore my ACL and meniscus skiing, and he did reconstructive surgery on me in March. Now, less than 6 months later, I have had a complete recovery, and can squat to the ground unassisted, and am running at the same speed as before the injury, and cycling faster than before the injury. As a triathlete I was extremely upset when I was injured, and the recover process was so much better than I had imagined it due to Dr. Driscoll's skill. In addition to
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
Outstanding! As an orthopedic surgeon, being knowledgeable and intelligent in his field and as an empathetic, compassionate doctor, Dr. Matthew Driscoll is at the top. He did his job and did it very, very well when he performed reverse shoulder replacement on me and then has led me to a very high level of recovery. I can raise my effected arm 170+ degrees and have good strength in it because of his skill, precision and sound advice for physical therapy. I give him my highest recommendation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?
Dr. Driscoll was very concise and thorough in his examination and in his discussion of treatment options and outcomes. I knew exactly what to expect in the surgery and thought the dvd of my surgery was a great bonus! Post-op I feared I had injured the surgical site and in my frantic appointment, he could not have been more caring and empathetic. My shoulder has healed beautifully. It is stronger than ever. I LOVE what Dr. Driscoll has done for me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Driscoll, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Driscoll?

My goal is to provide patients with the same level of excellent service and compassionate care that I would offer a member of my own family.

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

2013
2008
2004

Dr. Driscoll accepts

Dr. Driscoll accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Medicaid

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Driscoll's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Driscoll's Top Procedures and Conditions

Joint Pain

Dr. Driscoll treats Joint Pain more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Driscoll treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Driscoll treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Driscoll treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

• Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Glenoid Labrum Repair
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee Tendinitis
  • Knee Tendon Repair
  • Labrum Repair
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain