Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD
Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Cypress, TX. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Cubbage is affiliated with North Cypress Medical Center and CHI St. Luke's Health - The Vintage Hospital.

21212 Northwest Fwy Ste 605

Cypress, TX 77429

• Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HAP Insurance
  • HealthFirst
  • Wells Fargo Insurance

Learn about Dr. Cubbage

Dr. Cubbage's Experience

Dr. Cubbage's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery

• Scott & White Meml Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Beth Israel Hospital North
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Cubbage has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cubbage does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cubbage and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cubbage's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cubbage to family and friends
Dr. Cubbage's Performance
in Harlingen, TX |
I am very pleased with the orthopedic services provided by Dr. Matthew Cubbage and his nurse Karen. Dr. Cubbage and Karen are the best spine and neck specialist team in the Houston / Cypress Texas area. Their professionalism, extensive knowledge, compassionate caring and overall medical services are extraordinaire. If you live in the Houston area or even hours away, I highly recommend Dr. Cubbage for your orthopedic needs. - Marcia Bleier
in Fort Smith, Arkansas |
AMAZING CARE. I’m a collegiate golfer at the U of Ark. During summer I had severe back pain that went down my leg. My uncle Dr. Clifford Kitten recommended I see Dr. Matthew Cubbage. The doc and his nurse Karen are awesome. He ordered tests, called late evening (same day) with results and I had surgery the next morning. During my recovery Karen contacted me many times. Thanks Dr. Cubbage and Karen for your swift care! I can’t wait to start playing golf again. - Justin Kitten
in Magnolia, TX |
Dr. Cubbage is the definition of extraordinary. Dr. Cubbage and his colleague, Dr. Moore, recently (1 mo. ago) successfully completed a 3-spot laminectomy to resolve my spinal stenosis problems. My recovery is going very well. The consultation I received while making the decision to have the surgery was clear and definitive. Drs. Cubbage and Moore took the time to explain why it was necessary, what I could expect in terms of improvement, and any risks involved. Very caring doctors & nurses!
in Cypress, TX |
After FOUR different opinions & 3 months of research, I decided on Dr. Cubbage for a lumbar artificial disk replacement. A huge part of that decision was thanks to his assistant Karen, who was amazing EVERY step of the way! She called me from home when her day was too busy and she stopped by to see me at the hospital the day of the surgery! The entire team is amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU Karen, Dr. Cubbage, & team!
Houston, TX |
Dr. Cubbage and his staff have been extremely helpful to me with a variety of issues. Despite having a busy practice, I’m almost always able to schedule an appt. within a few days of calling and receive a response to my email or phone questions often the same day. It's rare to find a Dr. as knowledgalble, accommodating, and concerned as Dr. Cubbage.
in houston, tx |
I had a very pleasant experience with every aspect with Dr. Cubbage, his staff PA Tim and Karen and all the scheduling people. My surgery was a difficult 7 disc procedures that went very well and recovery has been amazing. I will use these folks again if necessary and would highly recommend them.
in Hockley, Tx |
He and his team are top notch beyond great and his nurse Karen is by far one of the best nurse I have had thanks for all the help.
in Cypress, TX |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Cubbage and all of his staff. My sister had went to him a month earlier and had the same cervical surgery as I had. He told me why I had to have surgery on my neck prior to my back. I did agree a few days later that my neck hurt much worse than my back. When my neck is recovered, I plan on going back to him for back surgery. I mentioned his name to other medical personnel and they had nothing to say but good things and plus other patients did too.
in Houston, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Cubbage to friends and relatives. I felt completely at ease with his explanation of test results, the diagnosis given, and the alternatives offered. He takes his time with you and answers any questions you may have. He has an excellent nurse who is caring, kind and goes above and beyond the call of duty, she is awesome! Should the need arise I would certainly use Dr. Cubbage again and again.
Spring, TX |
Our family has used Advanced Orthopedics for twenty years for a variety of injuries. When it was diagnosed that degeneration in the use of my hands was related to an old neck injury, Dr. Cubbage was the first doctor I thought of
in Houston, TX |
I've been seeing Dr Cubbage for 6 six for my back problems. 2 surgeries later. There isn't another person I would trust.
in Plantersvlle, tx |
Dr Cubbage explained everything to me prior to having neck surgery, he was very thorough. Office staff was very friendly, expecially Karen, called when i had questions about anything prior to surgery and also afterwards.
in Brenham, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Cubbage for about 5 years for myself. His work is very professional and very informative with whatever your problem. He has helped me from reoccurring back problems with surgery and the best exercise program for my condition. I am so grateful that Dr. Cubbage is one of my Doctors. My life would not be the same if not for him. Thank you Dr. Cubbage for giving me the ability to be active in doing most of the things I love to do. I highly recommend to friends & family.
in Humble, TX |
I had surgery 6/5/2017 performed by Dr Cubbage. His office staff are all wonderful and knowledgeable and helpful. I never had to wait long periods of time to see the Dr for my office visits. I immediately felt confident in Dr Cubbage and his staff. I was being kept as pain free as was possible both pre op as well as post op. I am feeling fantastic at this time and expect to continue to do so. I would highly recommend Dr Cubbage to anyone.
in Cypress, TX |
Dr. Matthew Cubbage is a SUPERB spinal surgeon!! His surgical skills and resulting outcomes for the patient place him in a very elite category. In addition, he genuinely cares, is a GREAT listener, and very attentive to detail. If you are looking for the MVP of spinal surgeons, Dr. Cubbage is the one for you!! Finally, I must include he has hired a SUPER staff that is so patient oriented.
in Houston, TX |
Outstanding Physicians. I've had two surgeries here, one on my foot with Dr. Bacon, and an extensive back surgery with Dr. Cubbage. I'm new to the area and my wife found me these surgeons. I have to say that each surgery I've had with these physicians have had excellent results. I was very pleased with my foot surgery and decided to see Dr. Cubbage for my back. Other surgeons I've seen regarding my back only gave me a 50/50 success rate. I have to say, the low back surgery with Dr. Cubbage
in Cypress, TX |
Doctor and staff were very attentive to my needs and questions during the pre and post surgery process. Still on the mend but pain is subsizing.
MY Experience with Dr. cubbage and his staff was excellent
in Tomball, Texas |
Dr. Cubbage has been my Orthopedic surgeon for 9 years and unfortunately I have had both Lumbar and Cervical Fusions, Dr. Cubbage has done a great job and Tim (PA) and Karen (Nurse)on his staff are outstanding to work with. Dr. Cubbage is caring, straight forward in his discussions and the procedures although not fun, are done in a truly professional manner with minimal disruption to your return to a normal life.
in Tomball, TX |
Dr. Cubbage has been a life saver for me! Over the last 11 years I have had 3 spine surgeries: a lumbar fusion, a cervival disc replacement & a lumbar hemilaminectomy with lateral recess decompression and foraminotomy. He is not quick to do surgery, only doing it if it is absolutely necessary, and each surgery has been an extreme success! His bedside mannerism is fabulous, he listens & cares. 5 stars x 3 from me!!!
Houston, TX |
Great experience!
in Houston, TX |
I had a double disc replacement by Dr. Cubbage. He is the best. He's smart, honest, funny, calming and delicate. His staff are all caring, listening and answering all my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Cubbage and his team If you're considering spinal or neck surgery.
Thank you for sharing your experience with our team. We greatly appreciate your support & recommendation and hope to continue working with you. If you need anything for the future, please let us know and we would be happy to help.
in Houston, Tx |
Waited two hours to be told nothing was wrong with my MRI. Asked to fill out a comment card, they directed me to their office manager. When I told the officer manager that we were extremely unhappy with the wait time, she told me she "couldn't scold her boss". I was also told that filing a complaint with North Cypress Medical Center (where they are located) didn't matter because they had no affiliation. Dr. Cubbage never made it in to see me, his PA came in his stead.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?

Visit Dr. Cubbage

Dr. Cubbage accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA