Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD

Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  ·

Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Cypress, TX and has been practicing for 16 years. He specializes in orthopedic spine surgery and orthopedic surgery.Read his story

Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine

21212 Northwest Fwy Ste 605

Cypress, TX 77429

• Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • HAP Insurance
  • HealthFirst
  • Wells Fargo Insurance

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Cubbage's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Cubbage's Top Procedures and Conditions

Cervical Spine Myelopathy

Dr. Cubbage treats Cervical Spine Myelopathy more than 100% of his peers

Spinal Stenosis

Dr. Cubbage treats Spinal Stenosis more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Cubbage treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Lumbar Spinal Stenosis

• Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lower Spine Surgery
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Total Disc Replacement
  • Vertebral Column Tumors
  • Vertebral Fracture

Dr. Cubbage is well trained in all operative and non-operative aspects of scoliosis, complex spinal deformities, disorders of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, as well as common disorders such as spinal stenosis and herniated discs. Dr. Cubbag...

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

5.47945205479452%

Dr. Cubbage?
Dr. Cubbage's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD
Dr. Cubbage and his staff including Karen are very professional and always made the proper amount of time to properly understand my issues. I have lower back problems and feel very thankful I have Dr. Cubbage to treat my condition, recently a L4/L5 spinal fusion. I would give Dr. Cubbage and team my highest recommendation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Office is VERY unprofessional. I made the appointment in person and gave them my insurance information. They typed it into their Electronic Medical Records software (the same one that the group that I work for use) and printed out paperwork for me to fill out. 3 weeks later, on the day of the appointment, while the patient is in the office, the staff informs us that they do not take out insurance. 3 weeks. We verify insurance BEFORE we make an appointment. They had 3 weeks to do it and did not do so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
This is my 2nd experience with Dr. Cubbage! I had c-5-6 and 7-8 in 2010. Nine years out and doing great. My 86 year old mother just had c-1 and c-2 done a month ago and is doing great. Almost 100% in less than a month. I would and will recommend him.
excellent surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
I was very pleased with Dr. Cubbage's manner, explanation of my problem and options with which I was presented. His PA was gracious, smiling, thorough and left to talk to the doctor saying, "I'll return with a plan." And she did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
This doctor refused to see me because I was injured in a car accident.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Excellent experience. The doctor, staff, office services and hospital care were outstanding before, during and after the procedure. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Dr. Cubbage & Staff replaced a disc that had been destroyed between my 4th and 5th vertebra. This is my 4th month since the surgery in January of 2018. I was very impressed with their dedication and professional approach to helping me live a more productive life. I am a 70 year old wife, mother and grandmother. Feel very blessed. Sincerely!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
I was in pain for a couple of months and went to see Dr. Cubbage. He knew right away by the way my posture what the issue was. He had me scheduled in and he along with his staff were awesome. After my surgery, I felt 100 % better. I had a few follow up visits and he along with his staff were genuinely attentive to my concerns and needs. I was also not in his network and his staff helped me out with that as well. I highly recommend him for people that have back or neck issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Very pleased with the care and expertise Dr. Cubbage and his staff provided. I have had neck pain for 5+ years, worsening with time, and after exhausting all conservative treatments, I chose to have surgery. This was one of the best decisions I have made. I am 2 weeks post-op with no complaints. Surgery was a breeze and my post-op pain is minimal to none. I cannot express how thankful I am for Dr.Cubbage, Karen, and all others involved in my care. Thanks guys!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Our experience with Dr. Cubbage and staff has been excellent. My husband required major spine surgery on his entire cervical neck area, involving 7 vertebrae. Diagnosis and surgery were done in a timely fashion. Hospitalization stay after 6 hour surgery was two days. Pain management was met well. Recovery three weeks hence is going very well. We recommend Dr. Cubbage highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Awesome! Highly recommend Dr.Matthew Cubbage . He is the best of the best Orthopedic Surgeon with special healing hands any patient will experience. He is highly knowledgeable, caring and confident since everything that he explained to me that would happen and what to expect is very accurate. Dr. Matthew Cubbage care and people skills are clearly seen and felt also by his team he selected-Tim and Karen. Courteous and promptly responds on you calls before and throughout your recovery. Reborn.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Overall excellent experience with Dr Cubbage and his outstanding staff. I flew in overseas for a 2nd opinion and was accommodated by his office. My situation was not good and had lower lumbar surgery (METRx discectomy) for a herniated disc. I walked out after surgery and I am on my way to a quick recovery. I have a very small incision and was very well looked after. Thank you Dr Cubbage! Arrived in Houston in a wheelchair and will fly back overseas 10 days after surgery on my own 2 feet
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Injured my back (2nd time!) and was in extreme pain. Unable to walk, stand or sit. Once Dr Cubbage review my MRI on fri he immediately had his staff work me into his schedule on Mon which was delayed (due to major ice storm) until Thurs AM and performed surgery on following Mon. Less than two weeks I am walking and near pain free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
I first went to see Dr Cubbage in March 2017 after hurting my back (again) on business overseas. We tried all the different options available for my situation, but none of them gave me any relief, so disc replacement surgery (L4/5) was agreed upon. I had surgery Nov 6th 2017 and I have been amazed at the results. My hospital stay in Cypress Medical Center was very pleasant too. I cannot THANK Dr Cubbage, Tim, Karen and the rest of the staff enough for the treatment I have recieved,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Awesome doctor. He made my surgery so easy & recovery was a breeze. Thanx Dr. Cubbage for a job done excellently!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Dr. Cubbage is amazing! It was a long road for me with back pain. I had my surgery, and on the next day of getting up I was sore but my back pain was gone. WOW! I could not believe it I wanted to cry I felt great! All I could do is think about Dr. Cubbage and his team and their special skills that made me feel great again. It's been two months since my surgery and I still feel great. Thank you Dr. Cubbage!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
Dr. Cubbage is all for trying conservative approaches before even discussing surgery. He only recommends a surgical approach when all else has failed or there is so much damage that waiting could cause irreversible damage. I am very pleased with his work & glad I did it. (Microdiscectomy & Laminotomy). I also liked how his post op directions stress the importance of strict walking schedule. Thanks to Dr. Cubbage, Karen, Billing Dept. & the Pre-Op/Post-Op s
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
I am very pleased with the orthopedic services provided by Dr. Matthew Cubbage and his nurse Karen. Dr. Cubbage and Karen are the best spine and neck specialist team in the Houston / Cypress Texas area. Their professionalism, extensive knowledge, compassionate caring and overall medical services are extraordinaire. If you live in the Houston area or even hours away, I highly recommend Dr. Cubbage for your orthopedic needs. - Marcia Bleier
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Cubbage, MD?
AMAZING CARE. I’m a collegiate golfer at the U of Ark. During summer I had severe back pain that went down my leg. My uncle Dr. Clifford Kitten recommended I see Dr. Matthew Cubbage. The doc and his nurse Karen are awesome. He ordered tests, called late evening (same day) with results and I had surgery the next morning. During my recovery Karen contacted me many times. Thanks Dr. Cubbage and Karen for your swift care! I can’t wait to start playing golf again. - Justin Kitten
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cubbage?

Advanced Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine

New Patient?
    • Sat: closed

Insurance accepted

Assurant Health
Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
Commercial Insurance Company
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
HAP Insurance
Health Alliance
HealthFirst
Wells Fargo Insurance

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cubbage treats patients.

Compare Providers