Dr. Matthew Craig, MD

Dr. Matthew Craig, MD

Orthopedic Trauma Surgery  |
Dr. Matthew Craig, MD is an orthopedic trauma surgery doctor who practices in Chalfont, PA. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Read his story

1200 Manor Dr

Chalfont, PA 18914

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Craig

See how frequently Dr. Craig performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fracture
Fracture Care
Joint Pain

Dr. Craig's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Craig's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Craig "A native of Wilmington, Delaware, Dr. Craig graduated from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, before completing a residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, Virginia. He then completed the Twin Cities Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He joined the staff at Abington in August 2008. Dr. Craig is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon, specializing in orthopaedic trauma and reconstructive surgery. He specializes in complex periarticular fracture care of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle, as well as pelvic and acetabular fractures. His practice is also focused on the optimal care and outcome of geriatric fracture patients."

• Orthopedic Trauma Surgery

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Orthopedic Disorders

• Pelvic Surgery
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Total Joint Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• University of Virginia
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1992
  • Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Hennepin County Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • University of Minnesota/Regions Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Craig has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Craig does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Craig and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Craig's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Craig to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Craig's Performance
in North Wales |
I would absolutely recommend Dr. Craig to family and friends! His surgery skills are exceptional. He takes the time to answer all questions and to explain his procedures in a manner that both professional and lay people alike can understand. I was very confident in his care.
in Hatboro, PA |
I had the worst experience with Dr. Craig. I wouldn't recommend him at all. When he repaired the fracture in my hip, the screw was put in to far and went through the femoral head and ended up killing the bone. All my follow up appts. with Dr. Craig, I kept trying to tell him that something was wrong, I wasn't getting better, couldn't walk and he refused to listen or offer further testing. After 5 months I saw a new ortho, who found the problem and I had a full hip replacement I'm cured 6 weeks.
in Phila PA |
Dr Craig took care of my 91 year old Mom when she fell and broke her hip. He met me before they took her into the O.R .and explained the procedure and then saw me right after surgery was completed!! Saw him 6 weeks later and he was fabulous and then saw him again 6 months later because Mom was doing so well. I can give him 110% PLUS!!! Dr Craig has wonderful patient family Dr relationships. Thank you Dr Craig!!
in Doylestown, PA |
Very well-rounded, excellent manner, above and beyond any/all expectations (this is two years after ankle surgery (trimalleolar break) performed by Dr. Matthew Craig). A+++!
in Willow Grove, PA |
I highly recommend Dr. Craig for any traumatic orthopedic injury. His surgery on my severely broken ankle enabled me to recover and walk normally again. He is pleasant to work with, anticipates and answers questions thoroughly, and works very hard for his patients. His staff are pleasant and easy to work with. Although my injury was a traumatic experience, Dr. Craig helped me calmly walk through it. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Warminster, PA |
Dr. Craig was the trauma surgeon assigned to my case at Abington Hospital when I arrived via ambulance with 2 broken ankles from a car accident. He not only fixed both ankles, but took the time to explain what was going to happen, what my recovery would look like, and even acknowledged my issues with PTSD after the accident, encouraging me to get therapy. I am five months into a twelve month recovery. I am so thankful Dr. Craig was on call that day!
in Hockessin, DE |
Accurate diagnosis and prompt care.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Craig, MD?
Are you Dr. Craig?

See our Orthopedic Trauma Surgery Specialists at Abington Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Craig

Dr. Craig accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Craig has admitting privileges