Dr. Matthew Collard, DO

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 46

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Matthew Collard, DO is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Kansas City Univ Of Medicine Bioscience College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 2002. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Barnes-jewish West County Hospital and Mercy Hospital South. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Matthew Collard, DO

Orthopedic Specialists

2325 Dougherty Ferry Rd Ste 100 Saint Louis, MO 63122

Compare Dr. Matthew Collard, DO with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Collard's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Collard

An amazing surgeon
I agree that Dr. Collard is a great surgeon. What he does is amazing. He replaced my right degenerative hip. His positive attitude and caring personality alleviated my fears. I was so pleased and trust him so much that 4 months later he replaced my other painful hip. Recovery was unbelievably fast. His office and staff are very organized and great at communicating. I am so happy and excited to be back to my usual self without pain. I highly recommend Dr. Matthew Collard.
Teena – Oct 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr. Collard has helped 5 members of our family recover from injuries via surgery or non-surgical orthopedic treatment. We trust him 100%!
Courtney Ann Mcghee – Sep 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Doctor Matt repaired my shoulder and replaced my hip- he did a fantastic job on both and i couldn't be happier. his entire staff is top notch and if/when i require further medical treatment- he can be assured i will call him first!
paul e fahrendorf – Dec 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
He is a very self assured doctor who gave me the first knee shot to work . The Texas boys need a lesson from him .
Emily Gary – Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr Collard is very professional and compassionate. His bedside manner is extraordinary and he really cares about his patients. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family !
Steven – Nov 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I had right hip surgery in early January 2020, and I was walking around without a walker in 3 weeks time. My hip healed faster than what people told me it would prior to my surgery. Dr. Collard did a fantastic job of replacing my hip, and I can put on my socks without any more pain!
Joe – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I am 67 years old and tore my meniscus running the bases playing softball in May. I could not convince my primary it was torn until December. I then began reserch for an Orthopedic Surgeon. I read great things about Dr. Collard and chose him for my surgery. He is the best Doctor and Surgeon I have ever met. His kindness and humility won me over before the surgery. My surgery was January 14th. His skills are superb, I walked out of surgery without assistance and have healed quickly. I just had my last follow up and he cleared me to run and play softball. If you need an Orthopedic Surgeon I highly recommend Dr. Collard.
Gene M. St. Louis March 9,2020 – Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr. Collard is the best! He's extremely knowledgeable in his field and genuinely cares about his patients. He has performed multiple surgeries on my family and friends. He's extremely honest and even recommended one of his colleagues to perform a surgery on my daughter, instead of himself. All of our recoveries were fast and I believe that's because of his surgical expertise. Dr. Collard is postive, great listener, and is honest. I highly recommend Dr. Collard!
The Knight Family – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
After 25+ surgeries, mostly orthopedic, I have never been more impressed with my surgeon and staff. Even the receptionist who’s located at another location had genuine compassion. Dr Collard was empathetic and continued to stay engaged throughout the months of post-op visits. I had ruptured my bicep tendon a year prior and had surgery to repair it that I wasn’t happy with. I had several family members refer me to make the 3 hr drive to Dr Collard and I couldn’t be happier. He was able to correct things that a second surgeon had deemed unrepairable. I feel what he has done for me is borderline miraculous as my bicep had been retracted for nearly 9 months before consulting with him. I could not have been more impressed in any facet of my experience. I’m truly indebted to this man for his professional competency which in turn enabled me the normal use of my arm again. I’ll soon be back to throwing balls to my boys and furthermore able to manipulate the flight controls at work.
Brian Conardy in Smithton, MO – Jun 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Rotator cuff surgery after attempt to ease discomfort with cortisone injection. Surgery went well thanks to Dr Collard and soon I will have great use of my arm And shoulder again.
May 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I recently had a torn meniscus, and Dr. Collard did my surgery. It has been 2 weeks to the day and I had very little swelling. I am walking without a limp, did not need crutches or anything. The procedure and my healing process exceeded my expectations! Highly recommend Dr. Collard or any of the Doctors at Orthopedic Specialists.
May 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
After having a knee injury (torn meniscus), I had arthroscopic surgery by a different surgeon. Things did not improve much, and I went to see Dr. Collard. The MRI showed I still had a torn meniscus, which Dr. Collard repaired. He is an excellent surgeon - after six weeks I am pain free and walking again. He is patient-oriented, personable; he LISTENS to the patient; and is very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him, and would go to him again if needed.
Bev Bauser in Godfrey, IL – Mar 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
As I reviewed last year I realized that one of the best gifts I had received was a recommendation by a stranger leading me to Dr Collard. After suffering through 10 years of knee pain and meeting with other orthopedic surgeons it didn’t take long for me to gain faith in him to proceed with knee replacement surgery. I was convinced that he understood my concerns about infections and took them seriously. I had the surgery last February and could not be happier. I recommend him to everyone I meet.
Paul Craska in St Louis, MO – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr. Collard was wonderful as well as his staff supporting him. My TKR surgery went better than I could have imagined, and any time I had a concern his office took care the time to help me. Hopefully I was not to much of a PITA that he will work on the other knee. Thanks DR. C, and Kelli. L. Lewis Date surgery 11.1.18
L Lewis in MO – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
After an icy fall, Dr.Collard set my ankle at the ER of Des Pere Hospital. Later he did surgery on my ankle. I have never met a more compassionate decent caring ,gentle doctor in my life. He is very personable. He gives you the time to explain your problems and concerns. He really cares. He is genuine and extremely top tier surgeon. His office is easily accesible. Also very clean and bright. But, the best of office is the staff. Beautiful, caring, compassionate, and very professional.
Miles Sommer in Saint Louis, MO – Nov 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I have given Dr. Collards cards to people I know because I want them to have the same success I have experienced. I had both knee replacements.Thanks to the great treatment I received from this office I have my life back thank you
Cheryl A Dossett in Alton, IL – Sep 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I do not believe any other Orthopedic surgeon could have performed my total hip replacement any better than Dr. Collard. Not only is he a skilled surgeon, he also has a great bedside manner. I was more than satisfied with the results. If I have to have any orthopedic surgery in the future, Dr. Collard will be my first choice
Judith Waroway in Southern IL, IL – Sep 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Really listened to my pain complaints and worked with me to find some relief. I suffered for a couple of months working with a different doctor that dismissed the idea of a problem. Dr. Collard immediately gave me hope by saying we will figure this out and we did!
Sharon W. in Kirkwood, MO – Sep 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr. Collard is our surgeon of choice. He is compassionate, thorough, informative and sincere. He did not overly "encourage" either myself or my husband to have our procedures. Instead, let us take our time in making our own informed decisions. He replaced my husband's knee and performed foot surgery. Dr. Collard replaced my hip most recently in January 2018. We have absolutely no complaints and I recommend him fully.
Mary Jo Wilkins in MO – Sep 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
If you would look from coast to coast you would not find a better Orthopedic surgeon than Dr. Collard. His staff was super and he was always on time for appointments. He is so personable that you feel comforted and encouraged by the talks at the office visits. Plus the outcome of the surgery (shoulder) was a success.
Douglas McMahan in Mount Vernon, IL – Aug 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Collard?