Dr. Matthew Collard, DO

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Collard

Dr. Matthew Collard, DO is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Saint Louis, MO and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from Kansas City Univ Of Medicine Bioscience College Of Osteopathic Medicine in 2002 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Make an appointment

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Collard

Dr. Collard?
Dr. Collard's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Collard, DO
Rotator cuff surgery after attempt to ease discomfort with cortisone injection. Surgery went well thanks to Dr Collard and soon I will have great use of my arm And shoulder again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I recently had a torn meniscus, and Dr. Collard did my surgery. It has been 2 weeks to the day and I had very little swelling. I am walking without a limp, did not need crutches or anything. The procedure and my healing process exceeded my expectations! Highly recommend Dr. Collard or any of the Doctors at Orthopedic Specialists.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
After having a knee injury (torn meniscus), I had arthroscopic surgery by a different surgeon. Things did not improve much, and I went to see Dr. Collard. The MRI showed I still had a torn meniscus, which Dr. Collard repaired. He is an excellent surgeon - after six weeks I am pain free and walking again. He is patient-oriented, personable; he LISTENS to the patient; and is very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him, and would go to him again if needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
As I reviewed last year I realized that one of the best gifts I had received was a recommendation by a stranger leading me to Dr Collard. After suffering through 10 years of knee pain and meeting with other orthopedic surgeons it didn’t take long for me to gain faith in him to proceed with knee replacement surgery. I was convinced that he understood my concerns about infections and took them seriously. I had the surgery last February and could not be happier. I recommend him to everyone I meet.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr. Collard was wonderful as well as his staff supporting him. My TKR surgery went better than I could have imagined, and any time I had a concern his office took care the time to help me. Hopefully I was not to much of a PITA that he will work on the other knee. Thanks DR. C, and Kelli. L. Lewis Date surgery 11.1.18
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
After an icy fall, Dr.Collard set my ankle at the ER of Des Pere Hospital. Later he did surgery on my ankle. I have never met a more compassionate decent caring ,gentle doctor in my life. He is very personable. He gives you the time to explain your problems and concerns. He really cares. He is genuine and extremely top tier surgeon. His office is easily accesible. Also very clean and bright. But, the best of office is the staff. Beautiful, caring, compassionate, and very professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I have given Dr. Collards cards to people I know because I want them to have the same success I have experienced. I had both knee replacements.Thanks to the great treatment I received from this office I have my life back thank you
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I do not believe any other Orthopedic surgeon could have performed my total hip replacement any better than Dr. Collard. Not only is he a skilled surgeon, he also has a great bedside manner. I was more than satisfied with the results. If I have to have any orthopedic surgery in the future, Dr. Collard will be my first choice
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Really listened to my pain complaints and worked with me to find some relief. I suffered for a couple of months working with a different doctor that dismissed the idea of a problem. Dr. Collard immediately gave me hope by saying we will figure this out and we did!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr. Collard is our surgeon of choice. He is compassionate, thorough, informative and sincere. He did not overly "encourage" either myself or my husband to have our procedures. Instead, let us take our time in making our own informed decisions. He replaced my husband's knee and performed foot surgery. Dr. Collard replaced my hip most recently in January 2018. We have absolutely no complaints and I recommend him fully.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
If you would look from coast to coast you would not find a better Orthopedic surgeon than Dr. Collard. His staff was super and he was always on time for appointments. He is so personable that you feel comforted and encouraged by the talks at the office visits. Plus the outcome of the surgery (shoulder) was a success.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Retiring from the medical field, I’ve had contact with many doctors. It’s so wonderful to have a physician care for you that listens carefully to your complaints and symptoms. I felt Dr Collard always had my best outcome determine his decision for my treatment. Now I’m ready to take on the world following my knee replacements. His caring, kindness and expertise make him the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I would highly recommend Dr. Collard. He is very compassionate and caring. I am amazed at the how well my surgery went. If I ever need an Orthopedic Surgeon again, I will definitely contact Dr. Collard.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I found Dr. Collard to be very professional in every way. My initial visit indicated a need for rotator cuff surgery. He explained the procedure to me and what I could expect during surgery and recovery. What he told me was very accurate although my recovery has not been as unpleasant as I had expected and has been much shorter than expected. I am very well satisfied the results. Thank you Dr. Collard!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
I found that Dr. Collard really spent time listening to me and responded with a thoughtful plan and course of action designed to treat not just the problem, but also me as an individual. He is considerate and conservative in his approach, but also very responsive and understanding. In addition, he has a great demeanor and the best sense of humor! My experience has been nothing short of exceptional. If, or when, I have another orthopedic issue, Dr. Collard will be the only choice for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr. Collard is my husband’s orthopedic physician and has taken care of him after several knee injuries. I am an emergency medicine physician and a mother of 4 athletic sons. Dr. Collard’s skill, knowledge, demeanor, attention to detail, and ability to communicate clearly and affectively with his patients is outstanding. His professionalism is second to none! My family will go to no one else but him for their orthopedic concerns and needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr. Collard is well trusted and respected by my husband and me and family. I would recommend this doctor to everyone. This doctor cares about all of his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr Collard is an excellent surgeon. When I first met with Dr Collard, he let me know the status of my knee, his recommendation and gave me time to come to terms with surgery. After coming to terms with surgery, all went well. I had a total knee replacement on Nov 20 and now I am back to almost all of my activities. My knee is no longer the first and last thing on my mind during the day.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Finding a great surgeon can be a really scary process. Luckily for my husband I did research for my own surgery and was so happy to recommend Dr. Collard to him. So far we couldn't be happier. It may be a little premature, less than 24 hours post op, but loving the results thus far, and loving the care Dr. Collard provides. Top-notch surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Collard, DO?
Dr. Collard was my doctor who took care of me [Doris Ennis ] I had a Tibial Plateau Fracture and torn Midiscus of my left knee .He is the best surgeon that I have ever had and I have had quite a few .He made me feel so at ease and had a calming effect on me .My Surgery was a great success and I would refer him to anyone with knee or shoulder problem. He was never in a hurry when I went to see him on follow up visits. He explained everything on each visit I had with him. Thank You Dr. Collard !!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Collard?

My philosophy is directed toward a truly personalized patient care experience. As an orthopedic surgeon my job is pay close attention to the patient's current musculoskeletal issues as well as the details involving the physical examination to determine an accurate diagnosis with subsequent treatment. Orthopedics is unique in that I can help patients with their overall quality of life and function.

A-O Internatl
2003
2002
1998

Dr. Collard accepts

Dr. Collard accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Access Choice PPO
Blue Preferred HMO
WellCare
WellCare PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check Dr. Collard's experience treating your condition or procedure

Hip Sprain

Dr. Collard treats Hip Sprain more than 93% of his peers

Dr. Collard treats this condition more than 93% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Collard treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Collard treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Collard treats patients.

Compare Providers