Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Matthew Clayton, MD
Dr. Matthew Clayton, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Huntsville, AL. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Clayton is affiliated with Crestwood Medical Center.

4715 Whitesburg Dr SE

Huntsville, AL 35802

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Clayton

Dr. Clayton's Experience

Dr. Clayton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Clayton does not have any board certifications listed.

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
  • Hip Replacement
  • Hip Replacement Revision
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Partial Knee Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Birmingham-Southern College
  • Mount Carmel Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Southern Joint Replacement Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Clayton has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Clayton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Clayton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clayton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Clayton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clayton to family and friends
Dr. Clayton's Performance
in Huntsville, AL |
I needed a hip replacement and had been worried for so long. Dr. Clayton was the forth specialist I had seen. I knew after meeting him he was the doctor I wanted. It couldn't have went any better. I explained all of my fears and one by one he put them to rest. He is a great person first and that's what helps him be such a great and caring doctor. He is definitely a people person with a wonderful bedside manner.
in Madison, AL |
Dr. Clayton is a GREAT doctor. He did a revisit on my left knee from a previous doctors Total Knee Replacement which didn't turn out OK. He looked at my knee and attempted all treatments before considering the revisit. After the revisit, I was walking the following day and have been since. Knee feels 100% better than before. Should have had him do the initial Bilateral Total Knee Replacements. Anyone needing TKP should choice this doctor. He's straight forward and honest. Thanks Doctor
in Dutton, AL |
Dr. Clayton performed a full anterior hip replacement to correct a previously unsuccessful surgery... My hip pain was completely gone immediately after surgery. He has a wonderful bedside manner and was just as pleasant at all follow up visits. I would recommend him to anyone and I am so grateful to have regained my lifestyle.
in Union Grove, Al |
My joint journey begin with Dr.Clayton June 27,2017 and how fortunate I am to have had him for my Total Knee Replacement. He is a gifted surgeon and surrounds himself with an excellent staff. From the surgical team,office staff and physical therapist...thank you...see you in November for my other knee.
in Ardmore Tennessee |
Dr Clayton is very very concerne with what is going on with his patients. He has the dr bed side matters, he's concerne with how you fell and never rushes in and out, he will stay with you as long as it takes and will answer all your questions.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Clayton is a very good listener and spends whatever time necessary to answer your questions. He is thorough in his explanations and prepares you for the aftermath of surgery. I was very impressed with Dr. Clayton overall and have already recommended him to 2 individuals that are contemplating hip surgery. His nurse and staff are very friendly and helpful, as well.
in Madison, AL |
Dr Clayton is great!!!! He did a revision on a total hip arthroplasty that a surgeon at another clinic totally screwed up. I was in severe pain for the entire 8 weeks after my first surgery until Dr Clayton repaired what had been done. I highly recommend him to anyone needing a hip replacement. As far as his staff, they are wonderful, caring, and return calls very quickly something the other clinic never did.
in Huntsville, AL |
I was referred to Dr. Clayton for revision surgery just 6 weeks following a total hip replacement. The surgeon who did the original hip replacement left me with an implant that moved down into my femur causing constant pain and one leg over 1 inch shorter than the other. This was not an acceptable outcome! I felt better 3 DAYS after Dr. Clayton's surgery than I felt 6 weeks after the initial surgery! Dr. Clayton is professional, highly qualified, and really cares about his patients.
in Gurley, AL |
I was suffering from pain in my left hip, which, also, caused my left knee to hurt immensely. My family doctor, Dr. Karen Allen, recommended Dr. Clayton, who was very understanding & he would console me during the doctor visits prior to surgery. The pain was INSTANTLY relieved after the surgery. Yes, I had some pain from the surgery, but it CERTAINLY was NOT as HORRIBLE as it was before surgery. I was EXTREMELY PLEASED with Dr. Clayton & I will DEFINITELY return to him should I need to!
in Madison, AL |
Following a new hip replacement, I fell a week later and broke my femur in two places. Dr. Clayton performed a delicate and difficult revision procedure to repair the broken bone and replace the implant. He did this with consummate skill. He is a superb surgeon. He has special training in this speciality of hip revision. He has a very calm manner and explains medical procedures very clearly. He promotes patient confidence by his positive attitude. He is highly considerate of patient needs
in Scottsboro |
Dr. Clayton and staff are very compassionate and informative. I had an accident in 2015 and I am just now able to receive a knee replacement. I have researched for months and I know without a shadow of doubt that I have chosen the best surgeon for my complicated case.
in Meridianville, AL |
Great Doctor and staff! Has always been informative and shows compassion to my situation. His staff is always friendly and welcoming. Wait times are short and rarely go past scheduled times. If your having problems with your hips or knees he is the Doctor to see in Huntsville. Highly recommend!
in Owens Cross Roads, AL |
Had an Anterior Total Hip Replacement in my left hip performed by Dr. Clayton in June of last year. I've had both my right knee and right hip replaced so I'm not exactly inexperienced. Wish I'd found Dr. Clayton before having those done. He was wonderful, great at explaining and so was his nurse. I had the surgery on Thursday morning and was home by Friday afternoon. PT was MUCH easier, entire recovery was MUCH easier. Much less pain. He was compassionate, helpful, and I highly recommend.
in Huntsville, AL |
I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Clayton. He did a total hip replacement on me. I had had a total hip replacement at another orthopedic practice here in town 3 years before. I had a great outcome both places but the difference in the recovery, the attitude and the attention paid to my concerns by the doctor and his staff and the ease of dealing with any concerns before and after the surgery were night and day. I was back on the golf course in 8 weeks thanks to Dr. Clayton.
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Clayton is a great doctor with a very nice office staff. I would recommend him to anyone!
If you must go there (Sportsmed) seek a different physician to see.
Untrustworthy! Worker's comp claim. Previous visit he imposed restrictions employer couldn't accommodate, then today almost nothing about my condition had changed and he didn't release me. WC case manager called afterwards & said she went and spoke to him and to her released me. ..seems suspicious. Employer still won't allow me to return because he knows I'm unable. Ijust read his report to WC and it reads nothing like what he and I discussed at visit...it was full of falsehoods!
Huntsville, AL |
What an amazing surgeon and staff! I am a fit, middle aged woman. I had a knee replacement 3 years ago that was done by another orthopedic surgeon and after 6 additional procedures I was never able to resume my exercise and daily routine without enduring as much or more pain than I had before the original surgery. Dr. Clayton revised my knee replacement less than two months ago and I have already met and exceeded my post surgery goals. It is wonderful to have my active life back.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Clayton, MD?
Are you Dr. Clayton?