Dr. Matthew Clayton, MD

Dr. Matthew Clayton, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Matthew Clayton, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Huntsville, AL. He is 35 years old and has been practicing for 8 years. Dr. Clayton is affiliated with Crestwood Medical Center.

Dr. Clayton's Experience

See how Dr. Clayton's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Clayton

Dr. Clayton accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Clayton has admitting privileges.

Dr. Clayton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clayton to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Clayton's Performance
in Meridianville, AL |
Great Doctor and staff! Has always been informative and shows compassion to my situation. His staff is always friendly and welcoming. Wait times are short and rarely go past scheduled times. If your having problems with your hips or knees he is the Doctor to see in Huntsville. Highly recommend!
in Owens Cross Roads, AL |
Had an Anterior Total Hip Replacement in my left hip performed by Dr. Clayton in June of last year. I've had both my right knee and right hip replaced so I'm not exactly inexperienced. Wish I'd found Dr. Clayton before having those done. He was wonderful, great at explaining and so was his nurse. I had the surgery on Thursday morning and was home by Friday afternoon. PT was MUCH easier, entire recovery was MUCH easier. Much less pain. He was compassionate, helpful, and I highly recommend.
in Huntsville, AL |
I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Clayton. He did a total hip replacement on me. I had had a total hip replacement at another orthopedic practice here in town 3 years before. I had a great outcome both places but the difference in the recovery, the attitude and the attention paid to my concerns by the doctor and his staff and the ease of dealing with any concerns before and after the surgery were night and day. I was back on the golf course in 8 weeks thanks to Dr. Clayton.
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Clayton is a great doctor with a very nice office staff. I would recommend him to anyone!
If you must go there (Sportsmed) seek a different physician to see.
Untrustworthy! Worker's comp claim. Previous visit he imposed restrictions employer couldn't accommodate, then today almost nothing about my condition had changed and he didn't release me. WC case manager called afterwards & said she went and spoke to him and to her released me. ..seems suspicious. Employer still won't allow me to return because he knows I'm unable. Ijust read his report to WC and it reads nothing like what he and I discussed at visit...it was full of falsehoods!
This man is not trustworthy. Was sent there be workers comp. On my last visit my condition had barely changed since the previous visit. I was still in considerable pain so he gave me an injection. He said absolutely nothing about releasing me to return to work and i left. An hour later my WC case manager called and said "I went to Dr.Clayton's office and talked to him and he released you with no restrictions". I just read his WC report and their are 3 misrepresentations. I'll be praying for him.
Huntsville, AL |
What an amazing surgeon and staff! I am a fit, middle aged woman. I had a knee replacement 3 years ago that was done by another orthopedic surgeon and after 6 additional procedures I was never able to resume my exercise and daily routine without enduring as much or more pain than I had before the original surgery. Dr. Clayton revised my knee replacement less than two months ago and I have already met and exceeded my post surgery goals. It is wonderful to have my active life back.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Clayton, MD?
Are you Dr. Clayton?

Compare Dr. Clayton

Dr. Clayton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis

Southern Joint Replacement Institute

Completed in 2015

Birmingham-Southern College

Graduated in 2004

Dr. Clayton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clayton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery