Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Matthew Clark, MD
Dr. Clark has a passion for healing and for improved patient outcomes. He received his medical degree from the University of Utah School of Medicine and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology. After completing residency, he further specialized by completing a Fellowship in Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery and Urogynecology at Indiana University/Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Clark is nationally recognized for his surgical skills and teaches advanced surgical techniques to other physicians throughout the United States. In 2008, he was invited by the Jordanian government to teach advanced gynecology surgery techniques to the Ministry of Health Gynecology Division. Dr. Clark uses a wide range of surgical and laparoscopic techniques and a da Vinci® robot. He participates in the design and development of surgical instruments and uses cutting edge urogynecology surgery techniques, products, and modalities. Professional Recognition Board Certified, OB/GYN Board Certified, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Member, Phi Beta Kappa Fellow, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists Invited Guest of Government of Jordan to teach minimally invasive gynecologic surgery

520 Superior Ave Ste 225

Newport Beach, CA 92663

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Clark

See how frequently Dr. Clark performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
Atrophic Vaginitis

Dr. Clark's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Cervicitis
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea

• Colpopexy
  • Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginectomy
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for California.

• Univ Of Ut Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • U Ut U Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • In U/Methodist Hosp
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Clark has no media or publications listed.

• Thai

Dr. Clark does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clark and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Clark's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clark to family and friends
Dr. Clark's Performance
Irvine, CA |
Dr Clark was very professional however his front office staff put my follow up care in jeopardy. He never did a 6 week post op check, never returned my phone calls when I told them I was having complications. They also failed to send complicate medical records and a copy of my MRI to my new Physician delaying my care even further. I can not recommend this Doctor.
in Fountain Valley CA |
Couldn't have asked for a better group. Everyone at this office is so wonderful. The doctor did a wonderful surgery that I am very pleased with. I had my bladder suspended and it went perfectly. The gals at the office including hls assistants Lauren and Ana were all so professional and caring. Vanessa who handled all my paper work did the best job getting it all taken care of and faxed to who needed it. She is amazing. Five stars across through and through. Highly recommend Doctor Clark
Huntington Beach, CA |
Excellent doctor and surgeon. I am a former patient and am so happy to recommend a doctor who listens and cares about his patients.
in Newport Beach, CA |
Dr. Clark is innovative,knowledgeable and solution-oriented with regards to women's health issues. I am truly grateful to him, Lauren and all of his supportive staff, for successfully helping through some daunting and very painful pelvic floor issues. I have always been treated with dignity and respect. Dr. Clark and Lauren have always taken ample time with me (and my husband) to explain situations and recommended treatment plans. I cannot recommend this team of professionals highly enough.
Yorba Linda, CA |
My experience w/Dr. Clark & his staff was far superior to the first urogynecology center I went to. There was no question I needed to have surgery & my personal physician recommended Dr. Clark for a 2nd opinion. Dr. Clark explained things to me in terminology I could understand. I felt very comfortable w/the knowledge & experience he exuded & that his surgical techniques were going to be the best for me. I highly recommend Dr. Clark & his friendly, professional staff.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Clark discussed my upcoming surgery in great detail answering all questions to my complete satisfaction. His office staff was thoughtful and professional making me feel at ease. During and after my surgery, Dr. Clark continued to support me by keeping me updated as to recovery and expectations. The robotic surgery allowed me to heal quickly and get back to work in a couple of weeks. I feel like I am so much better than before the surgery and back to my normal active lifestyle!
in Costa Mesa, CA |
Dr Clark is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. Knowledgable and performed my surgery wonderfully,I had very little pain after and have been pleased with the results after my last doctor botched the same surgery 7 months before.I highly recommend Dr.Clark!
in Fountain Valley |
My regular gynecologist recommended Dr. Clark to me and from my first office visit I felt confident with both Dr. Clark and his PT's. I had a complete hysterectomy and walked out of the hospital the following day. Was driving & out walking in a couple of days. Just went for my 6 week checkup and all is good. Would definitely recommend Dr. Clark to anyone needing a Urogynecologist.
in Irvine, CA |
Excellent results for several repairs needed at my age. Sling cleared up one of the most frustrating of the problems. Dr. Clark did NOT recommend a total hysterectomy like some of the other Newport Beacg Gynecologists I consulted with. Totally satisfied with my results, with office visits and Dr. Clark's work. Highly Recommend Matthew Clark.
in Irvine, CA |
I had pelvic reconstruction a year ago, and I would recommend Dr. Clark to anyone needing this type of surgery. This is by far the best medical clinic that I have seen in my 75 years. They are very understanding, compassionate, and give excellent medical care. I also felt comfortable with Lauren the P.A. She is a magnificent helper. From the time I first called the office, I was treated as a person and not just a number. The follow-up care is absolutely excellent.
in Los Angeles, CA |
From the moment I walked in to my first appointment the staff and Dr. Clark were compassionate, reassuring, and gave me hope that he can restore my body. I was terrified going in an comforted leaving. I had a robotic partial hysterectomy and cystocele with mesh. Dr. Clark is amazing. I have no reservation saying he is the best! He was able to restore my body! I am so grateful for the Clark Center for Urogynecology!
in Fountain Valley, CA |
Dr. Clark and the entire staff go above and beyond to accommodate unusual work schedules and situations. Their expert, qualified, professional caring has given me an excellent quality of life I didn't think possible.
in Newport Coast, CA |
Although I was hesitant to have surgery, I was totally at ease with Dr. Clark. The office gals are great, the PA is super and Dr. Clark was professional in every way. I had the surgery and recovered easily. Just had my six month check up and everything is as it should be. I couldn't be happier.
I have seen Dr. Clark for two procedures, and the outcome has been excellent on both occasions. I have been able to recover and continue my normal activities. Doctor Clark and his staff are professional and considerate.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Clark spent as much time as needed to explain everything about my condition and options for treating. I felt I was in the best care possible.
in Costa Mesa, CA |
Dr. Clark was wonderful and he completely fixed my problem. I had a sling put in and I can now go for a walk without soaking my Lulu's. I can cough, laugh and walk without any pee escaping. Beyond Happy!
in Westminster, CA |
Professional, gentle, patient, attention to detail, excellent staff. I am extremely satisfied with the results from surgery. Highly recommend Doctor Clark.
Dr. Clark is a gifted Doctor. I appreciate what he was able to do for me with surgery. I am thankful I put my care into his skilled hands.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Are you Dr. Clark?

See our Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist at Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance

Visit Dr. Clark