Dr. Matthew Clark, MD

Dr. Clark
Telehealth services available

Clark Center For Urogynecology

520 Superior Ave Ste 225 Newport Beach, CA 92663

Dr. Matthew Clark, MD is a Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Newport Beach, CA. Dr. Clark has more experience with Gynecologic Surgery and Gynecologic Care than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Hoag Hospital Newport Beach and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Clark to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Female Pelvic Medicine And Reconstructive Surgeons in your area

See similar Female Pelvic Medicine And Reconstructive Surgeons in Newport Beach

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Clark accepts

Dr. Clark accepts the following insurance:

Access for Infants & Mothers (AIM)-CA HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Blue Shield of California
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

No malpractice claims found for California

Gynecologic Surgery

Gynecologic surgery treats conditions affecting the female reproductive system, including cancer, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, and uterine fibroids through procedures such as hysterectomy, tumor removal, and myomectomy.Compare with other Gynecologic Surgery specialists.

Typically treats 78% more than their peers

Dr. Clark performs this procedure more than 100% of their peers

Colpopexy

Dr. Clark performs Colpopexy more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Clark performs this procedure more than 97% of their peers

Dr. Clark performs Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy) more than 96% of their peers

Dr. Clark performs this procedure more than 96% of their peers

Gynecologic Care

Gyncologists diagnose and treat conditions that affect any part of the female reproductive system, such as vaginitis, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, or polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).Compare with other Gynecologic Care specialists.

Typically treats 75% more than their peers

• Colpopexy
  • Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Excision of Cervix
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Vulvectomy
  • Yeast Infections

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Matthew Clark, MD...

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Clark's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Clark

Dr. Clark?
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Clark, MD
I went in for prolapse - but felt rushed and pressured for surgery that I didn't have all the information for. I saw him or his staff at two different office visits and left crying each time. He has a reputation as a skilled surgeon but I ended up finding a surgeon who took the time to make me feel comfortable with the type of surgery I was having. Additionally, I'm more than 6 months from my appointments with him and I'm STILL receiving bills from his office. His fees are surprisingly hefty!
Feb 22, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Sometimes...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Thank you to all the staff for your compassion, professionalism and taking such great care of my mom. I don’t know what I would have done without you!
Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark as a surgeon does great work, however his office and staff is not something I would recommend, I have worked in this field for a very long time, and to have great health care provided to any individual, it is a package deal. Not only does the physician need to be excellent, they must also have a functioning office. His wait times on the phone are uncalled for, 15 minutes if your lucky. In addition, if you ever want to get a message to the actual doctor himself, good luck if he returns your call. He defiantly heavily relays on his PA's to run his office, during his absence, which is pretty frequently. The question you must ask yourself is, do you want a doctor as a provider or a PA as your provider. I personally would want a doctor as a provider not a PA, the amount of years in training from a doctor to a PA, is a huge difference. I wish you all luck, with his office I personally will not return to get services from this provider. Orange, Ca
Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
I have had 4 surgeries since 2000, and this last one with Dr. Clark was the best.(bladder sling) No pain but a lot of gain. I purchased the stool softeners and post op vitamins. All worked well. I would recommend Dr. Clark to any one who has problems with Incontinence. Thank you so much for a better life. Rosemary Thompson
Rosemary Thompson – Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
I am 62 years of age and 6 months ago I had a robotic vaginal hysterectomy with sacrocolpopexy. Dr. Clark is not only empathetic and caring but a surgical wizard! My surgery went very well as did my recovery. I have zero prolapse and had no complications what so ever. Everything is functioning top notch. I highly recommend him. I am so happy with my outcome!
Wendy C in Orange County, CA – Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr Clark was very professional however his front office staff put my follow up care in jeopardy. He never did a 6 week post op check, never returned my phone calls when I told them I was having complications. They also failed to send complicate medical records and a copy of my MRI to my new Physician delaying my care even further. I can not recommend this Doctor.
Irvine, CA – Oct 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Couldn't have asked for a better group. Everyone at this office is so wonderful. The doctor did a wonderful surgery that I am very pleased with. I had my bladder suspended and it went perfectly. The gals at the office including hls assistants Lauren and Ana were all so professional and caring. Vanessa who handled all my paper work did the best job getting it all taken care of and faxed to who needed it. She is amazing. Five stars across through and through. Highly recommend Doctor Clark
Cynthia Meis in Fountain Valley CA – Aug 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Excellent doctor and surgeon. I am a former patient and am so happy to recommend a doctor who listens and cares about his patients.
Huntington Beach, CA – Jul 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark is innovative,knowledgeable and solution-oriented with regards to women's health issues. I am truly grateful to him, Lauren and all of his supportive staff, for successfully helping through some daunting and very painful pelvic floor issues. I have always been treated with dignity and respect. Dr. Clark and Lauren have always taken ample time with me (and my husband) to explain situations and recommended treatment plans. I cannot recommend this team of professionals highly enough.
Jill R in Newport Beach, CA – Mar 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
My experience w/Dr. Clark & his staff was far superior to the first urogynecology center I went to. There was no question I needed to have surgery & my personal physician recommended Dr. Clark for a 2nd opinion. Dr. Clark explained things to me in terminology I could understand. I felt very comfortable w/the knowledge & experience he exuded & that his surgical techniques were going to be the best for me. I highly recommend Dr. Clark & his friendly, professional staff.
Yorba Linda, CA – Jan 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark discussed my upcoming surgery in great detail answering all questions to my complete satisfaction. His office staff was thoughtful and professional making me feel at ease. During and after my surgery, Dr. Clark continued to support me by keeping me updated as to recovery and expectations. The robotic surgery allowed me to heal quickly and get back to work in a couple of weeks. I feel like I am so much better than before the surgery and back to my normal active lifestyle!
Mary B in Huntington Beach, CA – Jan 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr Clark is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. Knowledgable and performed my surgery wonderfully,I had very little pain after and have been pleased with the results after my last doctor botched the same surgery 7 months before.I highly recommend Dr.Clark!
Ceejay60 in Costa Mesa, CA – Jan 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
My regular gynecologist recommended Dr. Clark to me and from my first office visit I felt confident with both Dr. Clark and his PT's. I had a complete hysterectomy and walked out of the hospital the following day. Was driving & out walking in a couple of days. Just went for my 6 week checkup and all is good. Would definitely recommend Dr. Clark to anyone needing a Urogynecologist.
Peggy in Fountain Valley – Oct 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Excellent results for several repairs needed at my age. Sling cleared up one of the most frustrating of the problems. Dr. Clark did NOT recommend a total hysterectomy like some of the other Newport Beacg Gynecologists I consulted with. Totally satisfied with my results, with office visits and Dr. Clark's work. Highly Recommend Matthew Clark.
Julie in Irvine, CA – Oct 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
I had pelvic reconstruction a year ago, and I would recommend Dr. Clark to anyone needing this type of surgery. This is by far the best medical clinic that I have seen in my 75 years. They are very understanding, compassionate, and give excellent medical care. I also felt comfortable with Lauren the P.A. She is a magnificent helper. From the time I first called the office, I was treated as a person and not just a number. The follow-up care is absolutely excellent.
CEC in Irvine, CA – Aug 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
From the moment I walked in to my first appointment the staff and Dr. Clark were compassionate, reassuring, and gave me hope that he can restore my body. I was terrified going in an comforted leaving. I had a robotic partial hysterectomy and cystocele with mesh. Dr. Clark is amazing. I have no reservation saying he is the best! He was able to restore my body! I am so grateful for the Clark Center for Urogynecology!
Denise in Los Angeles, CA – Jun 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark and the entire staff go above and beyond to accommodate unusual work schedules and situations. Their expert, qualified, professional caring has given me an excellent quality of life I didn't think possible.
Paula in Fountain Valley, CA – May 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Although I was hesitant to have surgery, I was totally at ease with Dr. Clark. The office gals are great, the PA is super and Dr. Clark was professional in every way. I had the surgery and recovered easily. Just had my six month check up and everything is as it should be. I couldn't be happier.
Carol in Newport Coast, CA – Apr 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
I have seen Dr. Clark for two procedures, and the outcome has been excellent on both occasions. I have been able to recover and continue my normal activities. Doctor Clark and his staff are professional and considerate.
Carol Curtis – Feb 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark spent as much time as needed to explain everything about my condition and options for treating. I felt I was in the best care possible.
K in Huntington Beach, CA – Jan 28, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Clark?

Dr. Clark is one of very few surgeons who are board certified in both Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology.  He has passion for healing and finds satisfaction helping his patients achieve good healt...

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

1997
University Ut University Hospital

• Thai

More Information

• Does Dr. Clark communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clark communicates via email

• Does Dr. Clark offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clark offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Clark offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clark offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Clark have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clark has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Clark offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clark offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Clark offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clark offers evening visits