Dr. Matthew Clark, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Dr. Matthew Clark, MD
Dr. Clark has a passion for healing and for improved patient outcomes. He received his medical degree from the University of Utah School of Medicine and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology. After completing residency, he further specialized by completing a Fellowship in Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery and Urogynecology at Indiana University/Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, IN. Dr. Clark is nationally recognized for his surgical skills and teaches advanced surgical techniques to other physicians throughout the United States. In 2008, he was invited by the Jordanian government to teach advanced gynecology surgery techniques to the Ministry of Health Gynecology Division. Dr. Clark uses a wide range of surgical and laparoscopic techniques and a da Vinci® robot. He participates in the design and development of surgical instruments and uses cutting edge urogynecology surgery techniques, products, and modalities. Professional Recognition Board Certified, OB/GYN Board Certified, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Member, Phi Beta Kappa Fellow, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists Invited Guest of Government of Jordan to teach minimally invasive gynecologic surgery

Dr. Clark's Experience

See how Dr. Clark's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Clark

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Clark has admitting privileges.

Dr. Clark's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clark to family and friends
    Dr. Clark's Performance
    Huntington Beach, CA |
    Excellent doctor and surgeon. I am a former patient and am so happy to recommend a doctor who listens and cares about his patients.
    in Newport Beach, CA |
    Dr. Clark is innovative,knowledgeable and solution-oriented with regards to women's health issues. I am truly grateful to him, Lauren and all of his supportive staff, for successfully helping through some daunting and very painful pelvic floor issues. I have always been treated with dignity and respect. Dr. Clark and Lauren have always taken ample time with me (and my husband) to explain situations and recommended treatment plans. I cannot recommend this team of professionals highly enough.
    Yorba Linda, CA |
    My experience w/Dr. Clark & his staff was far superior to the first urogynecology center I went to. There was no question I needed to have surgery & my personal physician recommended Dr. Clark for a 2nd opinion. Dr. Clark explained things to me in terminology I could understand. I felt very comfortable w/the knowledge & experience he exuded & that his surgical techniques were going to be the best for me. I highly recommend Dr. Clark & his friendly, professional staff.
    in Huntington Beach, CA |
    Dr. Clark discussed my upcoming surgery in great detail answering all questions to my complete satisfaction. His office staff was thoughtful and professional making me feel at ease. During and after my surgery, Dr. Clark continued to support me by keeping me updated as to recovery and expectations. The robotic surgery allowed me to heal quickly and get back to work in a couple of weeks. I feel like I am so much better than before the surgery and back to my normal active lifestyle!
    in Costa Mesa, CA |
    Dr Clark is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. Knowledgable and performed my surgery wonderfully,I had very little pain after and have been pleased with the results after my last doctor botched the same surgery 7 months before.I highly recommend Dr.Clark!
    in Fountain Valley |
    My regular gynecologist recommended Dr. Clark to me and from my first office visit I felt confident with both Dr. Clark and his PT's. I had a complete hysterectomy and walked out of the hospital the following day. Was driving & out walking in a couple of days. Just went for my 6 week checkup and all is good. Would definitely recommend Dr. Clark to anyone needing a Urogynecologist.
    in Irvine, CA |
    Excellent results for several repairs needed at my age. Sling cleared up one of the most frustrating of the problems. Dr. Clark did NOT recommend a total hysterectomy like some of the other Newport Beacg Gynecologists I consulted with. Totally satisfied with my results, with office visits and Dr. Clark's work. Highly Recommend Matthew Clark.
    in Irvine, CA |
    I had pelvic reconstruction a year ago, and I would recommend Dr. Clark to anyone needing this type of surgery. This is by far the best medical clinic that I have seen in my 75 years. They are very understanding, compassionate, and give excellent medical care. I also felt comfortable with Lauren the P.A. She is a magnificent helper. From the time I first called the office, I was treated as a person and not just a number. The follow-up care is absolutely excellent.
    in Los Angeles, CA |
    From the moment I walked in to my first appointment the staff and Dr. Clark were compassionate, reassuring, and gave me hope that he can restore my body. I was terrified going in an comforted leaving. I had a robotic partial hysterectomy and cystocele with mesh. Dr. Clark is amazing. I have no reservation saying he is the best! He was able to restore my body! I am so grateful for the Clark Center for Urogynecology!
    in Fountain Valley, CA |
    Dr. Clark and the entire staff go above and beyond to accommodate unusual work schedules and situations. Their expert, qualified, professional caring has given me an excellent quality of life I didn't think possible.
    in Newport Coast, CA |
    Although I was hesitant to have surgery, I was totally at ease with Dr. Clark. The office gals are great, the PA is super and Dr. Clark was professional in every way. I had the surgery and recovered easily. Just had my six month check up and everything is as it should be. I couldn't be happier.
    I have seen Dr. Clark for two procedures, and the outcome has been excellent on both occasions. I have been able to recover and continue my normal activities. Doctor Clark and his staff are professional and considerate.
    in Huntington Beach, CA |
    Dr. Clark spent as much time as needed to explain everything about my condition and options for treating. I felt I was in the best care possible.
    in Costa Mesa, CA |
    Dr. Clark was wonderful and he completely fixed my problem. I had a sling put in and I can now go for a walk without soaking my Lulu's. I can cough, laugh and walk without any pee escaping. Beyond Happy!
    in Westminster, CA |
    Professional, gentle, patient, attention to detail, excellent staff. I am extremely satisfied with the results from surgery. Highly recommend Doctor Clark.
    Dr. Clark is a gifted Doctor. I appreciate what he was able to do for me with surgery. I am thankful I put my care into his skilled hands.
    Have you seen Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
    Are you Dr. Clark?

Dr. Clark says...

Dr. Clark has a passion for healing and for improved patient outcomes. He received his medical degree from the University of Utah School of Medicine and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology. After completing residency, he further specialized by completing a Fellowship in Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery and Urogynecology at Indiana University/Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, IN.

Professional Recognition

• Board Certified, OB/GYN
    • Board Certified, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
    • Member, Phi Beta Kappa
    • Fellow, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
    • Invited Guest of Government of Jordan to teach minimally invasive gynecologic surgery

Dr. Clark's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Clark has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Clark's Board Certifications

• Cervical Polyps
    • Cervicitis
    • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
    • Endometriosis
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • Hemorrhoids
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Ovarian Cysts

Completed in 1997

IN U/Methodist Hosp

Completed in 2000

• Thai

Dr. Clark does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clark and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology