Dr. Matthew Clark, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Male · Age 53

Dr. Clark

Clark Center For Urogynecology

520 Superior Ave Ste 225 Newport Beach, CA 92663

Dr. Matthew Clark, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Newport Beach, CA and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University Of Utah School Of Medicine in 1993 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology and female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. Clark accepts

Dr. Clark accepts the following insurance:

Basic HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield of California
Access Plus Savenet
Local Access Plus HMO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Clark's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Clark treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

Dr. Clark treats Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Clark treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Vaginal Wall Prolapse

• Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Excision of Cervix
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hysterectomy - Laparoscopic
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • MonaLisa Touch Laser Treatment
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Clark has a passion for healing and for improved patient outcomes. He received his medical degree from the University of Utah School of Medicine and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology. After completing residency, he further spec...

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Clark

Dr. Clark?
Dr. Clark's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Clark, MD
I did not have a good experience with this provider. The hold times on the phone were very long and they fail to call in prescriptions. Dr. Clark charged me astronomical fees for services that were unnecessary. I should have made my appointment with the PA Anna who suggested I try a pessary which is all I needed. For a $29 pessary resolve my symptoms, when instead they charged me thousands of dollars in unnecessary charges and wanted to perform surgery right away with high risk of complications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
I am 62 years of age and 6 months ago I had a robotic vaginal hysterectomy with sacrocolpopexy. Dr. Clark is not only empathetic and caring but a surgical wizard! My surgery went very well as did my recovery. I have zero prolapse and had no complications what so ever. Everything is functioning top notch. I highly recommend him. I am so happy with my outcome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr Clark was very professional however his front office staff put my follow up care in jeopardy. He never did a 6 week post op check, never returned my phone calls when I told them I was having complications. They also failed to send complicate medical records and a copy of my MRI to my new Physician delaying my care even further. I can not recommend this Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Couldn't have asked for a better group. Everyone at this office is so wonderful. The doctor did a wonderful surgery that I am very pleased with. I had my bladder suspended and it went perfectly. The gals at the office including hls assistants Lauren and Ana were all so professional and caring. Vanessa who handled all my paper work did the best job getting it all taken care of and faxed to who needed it. She is amazing. Five stars across through and through. Highly recommend Doctor Clark
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Excellent doctor and surgeon. I am a former patient and am so happy to recommend a doctor who listens and cares about his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark is innovative,knowledgeable and solution-oriented with regards to women's health issues. I am truly grateful to him, Lauren and all of his supportive staff, for successfully helping through some daunting and very painful pelvic floor issues. I have always been treated with dignity and respect. Dr. Clark and Lauren have always taken ample time with me (and my husband) to explain situations and recommended treatment plans. I cannot recommend this team of professionals highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
My experience w/Dr. Clark & his staff was far superior to the first urogynecology center I went to. There was no question I needed to have surgery & my personal physician recommended Dr. Clark for a 2nd opinion. Dr. Clark explained things to me in terminology I could understand. I felt very comfortable w/the knowledge & experience he exuded & that his surgical techniques were going to be the best for me. I highly recommend Dr. Clark & his friendly, professional staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark discussed my upcoming surgery in great detail answering all questions to my complete satisfaction. His office staff was thoughtful and professional making me feel at ease. During and after my surgery, Dr. Clark continued to support me by keeping me updated as to recovery and expectations. The robotic surgery allowed me to heal quickly and get back to work in a couple of weeks. I feel like I am so much better than before the surgery and back to my normal active lifestyle!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr Clark is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. Knowledgable and performed my surgery wonderfully,I had very little pain after and have been pleased with the results after my last doctor botched the same surgery 7 months before.I highly recommend Dr.Clark!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
My regular gynecologist recommended Dr. Clark to me and from my first office visit I felt confident with both Dr. Clark and his PT's. I had a complete hysterectomy and walked out of the hospital the following day. Was driving & out walking in a couple of days. Just went for my 6 week checkup and all is good. Would definitely recommend Dr. Clark to anyone needing a Urogynecologist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Excellent results for several repairs needed at my age. Sling cleared up one of the most frustrating of the problems. Dr. Clark did NOT recommend a total hysterectomy like some of the other Newport Beacg Gynecologists I consulted with. Totally satisfied with my results, with office visits and Dr. Clark's work. Highly Recommend Matthew Clark.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
I had pelvic reconstruction a year ago, and I would recommend Dr. Clark to anyone needing this type of surgery. This is by far the best medical clinic that I have seen in my 75 years. They are very understanding, compassionate, and give excellent medical care. I also felt comfortable with Lauren the P.A. She is a magnificent helper. From the time I first called the office, I was treated as a person and not just a number. The follow-up care is absolutely excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
From the moment I walked in to my first appointment the staff and Dr. Clark were compassionate, reassuring, and gave me hope that he can restore my body. I was terrified going in an comforted leaving. I had a robotic partial hysterectomy and cystocele with mesh. Dr. Clark is amazing. I have no reservation saying he is the best! He was able to restore my body! I am so grateful for the Clark Center for Urogynecology!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark and the entire staff go above and beyond to accommodate unusual work schedules and situations. Their expert, qualified, professional caring has given me an excellent quality of life I didn't think possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Although I was hesitant to have surgery, I was totally at ease with Dr. Clark. The office gals are great, the PA is super and Dr. Clark was professional in every way. I had the surgery and recovered easily. Just had my six month check up and everything is as it should be. I couldn't be happier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
I have seen Dr. Clark for two procedures, and the outcome has been excellent on both occasions. I have been able to recover and continue my normal activities. Doctor Clark and his staff are professional and considerate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark spent as much time as needed to explain everything about my condition and options for treating. I felt I was in the best care possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark was wonderful and he completely fixed my problem. I had a sling put in and I can now go for a walk without soaking my Lulu's. I can cough, laugh and walk without any pee escaping. Beyond Happy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Professional, gentle, patient, attention to detail, excellent staff. I am extremely satisfied with the results from surgery. Highly recommend Doctor Clark.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?
Dr. Clark is a gifted Doctor. I appreciate what he was able to do for me with surgery. I am thankful I put my care into his skilled hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Clark, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Clark?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Clark treats patients.