Dr. Matthew M. Buchanan, MD

Dr. Matthew M. Buchanan, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery | Male | 45 years old

Learn about this Doctor

"I am honored to join the incredible team of doctors at the Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics." – Dr. Matthew BuchananRead more

Personal Bio

Matthew M. Buchanan, MD is a board-certified, fellowship trained Orthopaedic Surgeon who specializes in the foot and ankle. Dr. Buchanan...Read more

Dr. Buchanan's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Buchanan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Buchanan

Dr. Buchanan accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Buchanan has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Buchanan
Dr. Buchanan's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (18)
Dr. Buchanan Says:

Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate all feedback as our goal is to provide the best in patient care.

in Cleveland, TN |
I was recommended to Dr. Buchanan, who implanted a 3D printed, next generation artificial ankle. I'm still in recovery, but have already seen that I will have close to a full range of motion. I am amazed, thrilled, and highly recommend Dr. Buchanan. I am looking forward to resuming my life with my usual gusto. Thank you, Dr. Buchanan.
Thank you for the review, Linda.
in Bowling Green, KY |
Dr. Buchanan performed ankle replacement surgery on my left ankle. We were from out of town as because nobody in Bowling Green, KY did this type of surgery. Every aspect from initial contact to post op care has been superb. Everything has progressed better than I expected. Couldn't be happier. I had surgery 20 days ago.
Thank you for the review, Juan.
in Dalton, GA |
Dr. Buchanan has been a blessing to our family. He has taken the time to not only explain the problem that my husband was facing with his injury, he took the time to teach us the things that we would need to be able to do to speed the healing process. It is rare to find doctors who can achieve the balance of staying on schedule while still spending the necessary time to make sure his patients feel secure in the care that they are getting. So glad to have him in Chattanooga!!!!!
Thank you for the review, Kim.
Chattanooga, TN |
Long wait. Seemed in a rush. Did not show me or explain X-rays taken of broken foot. Did not offer a smaller boot like my new doctor did. Dr. Buchanan later refused to write a script for pain management of a broken bone. I had to go to my family doctor for pain relief and then follow up with a different podiatrist. My new doctor is wonderful and she explained everything in detail, gave me a more comfortable boot, and made sure pain was under control.
We appreciate your feedback. If you would like to be contacted to discuss your experience, please email info at sportmed.com and include the best way we can reach you. Upon receiving your email, we will promptly be in touch. Thank you!
in Chattanooga, TN |
very friendly, explained to me what was wrong, what had to be done ask me questions took time to explain what was wrong and how to treat it
Thank you for the review, Ernest.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew M. Buchanan, MD?

Compare Dr. Buchanan

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.