Dr. Matthew P. Boyd, MD

Dr. Matthew P. Boyd, MD

22 reviews

Family Medicine | Male | 42 years old

I am passionate about providing personal, high-quality care for my patients. I enjoy caring for a diverse community of patients, from newborns, to students and athletes, to and adults and the elderly. In addition to being a family practice physician, I am a team physician for Grand Valley State University, the Grand Rapids Griffins and Allendale High School. I completed my undergraduate training at the University of Michigan – Flint and went to medical school at the Wayne State University School of Medicine. From there, I completed my family medicine residency at Saint Mary’s Hospital in Grand Rapids, MI and a Sports Medicine Fellowship at Michigan State University. I started practicing at Metro Health Allendale in 2009.Read more

Metro Health Allendale

I am committed to giving my patients the best patient experience. I pride myself on staying on schedule with appointment times, because I know that their time is just as important as mine. I listen to my patients about their concerns and work with them to determine the best treatment plan for their healthcare needs. Another important goal of mine is to prescribe medication only when it is necessary. Additionally, I make sure to take the time to make personal phone calls with lab results in the 24-72 hours after having labs done.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Boyd's Experience

See how Dr. Boyd's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Boyd

Dr. Boyd accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Boyd has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Boyd
Dr. Boyd's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (20)
Dr. Boyd Says:

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Your comments will help us continue to provide the best care for our patients.

in Allendale, MI |
I switched over to metro health Allendale once my son was older. Dr. Boyd was a perfect fit!! Since then, I have switched all 3 of my children, myself and husband to the practice. They are knowledgable, friendly and never a long wait. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
in Allendale, MI |
Dr. Boyd explains suggested procedures or medications. He listens. The appointment time is not rushed.
in Oxford, MI |
Dr. Boyd didn't listen when my daughter told him she needed medication for a UTI. She ended up in the hospital with a kidney infection. He also ignored her concerns about negative effects of her ADHD medication. Her new doctor, who specializes, was appalled when he heard what she'd been taking. The dosage prescribed by Dr. Boyd far exceeded what was appropriate and the side effects my daughter was suffering were common ones he should have recognized and addressed.
Grand Rapids |
Excellent care and beside manner. I appreciate his approach to medicine being as natural as possible and using drugs as little as possible.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew P. Boyd, MD?
Are you Dr. Boyd?

Compare Dr. Boyd

More Family Practitioners like Dr. Boyd at Metro Health

Dr. Boyd's Care Philosophy

Dr. Boyd says...

As a sports medicine physician, I see a lot of young and healthy individuals who are trying to recover from a sports related injury. However, that is not always the case. One aspect of both my family and sports medicine practices I am very proud of is helping patients achieve weight loss. I am dedicated to working with them to help them lose weight with diet and exercise because – in the long run – this will be better than medication.

I also have a strong affiliation with Grand Valley State University, both from an athletic standpoint and being the medical director for the health center on campus.

Dr. Boyd says...

As both a Family Practice and Sports Medicine physician, I perform a lot of procedures in the office. Some of these procedures include fracture care, laceration repairs, incision and drainage of abscesses and skin biopsies. I am also experienced in performing ultrasound-guided injections of shoulders, hips and knees.

I also offer my patients cutting-edge procedures – like PRP and TENEX – for chronic tendon injuries. Having the ability to perform these procedures right here in the office allows me to develop a treatment plan for patients that is flexible, convenient for patients and allows them to get back to living their life as quickly as possible.

Dr. Boyd says...

Dr. Boyd's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice and Sports Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Boyd has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Boyd's Board Certifications

• Family Practice
  • Sports Medicine

• Acne
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Diseases
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Wayne State Univ Som

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Boyd does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Boyd and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine