Dr. Matthew Boyce, MD

Practices Neurology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 37 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Boyce is a compassionate doctor. I never feel like he is rushing through my visits. He is also up to date on new procedures.
Author:
Dr. Boyce listened to all my concerns and questions and explained and offered other options I was considering.
Author:
I recently had a checkup with Rebecca Griswell, NP, and was so very impressed by her. She was thorough, informative, and took time to listen and explain about Parkinsons to me. I am so very happy with the care I get there with Dr. Boyce and Rebecca.
Author:
Dr Boyce and his staff are very welcoming and Dr Boyce is very warm, and caring, listening intently to everything that I had to say. My questions were answered with a lot of knowledge and forethought. I would definitely recommend Dr Boyce to anyone.
Author:
Dr. Boyce always listens, helps besides the fact he is a wonderful doctor.
Author:
Very empathetic. Provides solutions to problems and is available between visits. This is extremely important for patients with neurological problems taking medications
Author:
Dr Boyce has a great been experience for my health. He examined me and listened to my health concerns. There wasn't a rush to get to the next patient and spent time talking about the course of my treatment. Although there isn't a cure for my medical condition he is working on a treatment plan to help me deal with my condition. I look forward to my next appointment with him. Dr. Boyce's office staff are great people and are very efficient and helpful.
Author:
The response by Dr. Boyce to my request for a consultation as soon as possible was phenomenal. I could not believe how quickly I was scheduled. In spite of the drive from Fredericksburg to Richmond, I wouldn’t consider going to any other provider. My confidence and comfort level with Dr. Boyce is as high as it could possibly be. I unhesitatingly recommend him to anyone having neurological issues.
Author:
When you are stricken with a disorder moving to a new state and losing your doctor is very scary! Before I moved my son did some research and found Dr. Boyce and immediately made an appointment for me upon my arrival. The moment Dr. Boyce walked into the room on my anxiety disappeared. He is so Kind and gentle I was at ease immediately. He takes as much time as the patient needs, He never makes you feel like you’re taking up too much of this time. He is extremely knowledgeable and he explains everything so that you understand. When he’s in the room you are the only thing that’s on his mind. He’s respectful, kind and well groomed. I have never seen him get frustrated he does everything he can to make your appointment and in between appointments as smooth as possible!! So I feel I got the better end of the deal by moving to Virginia and getting a new doctor!!! The one I was upset about leaving Has never crossed my mind since I met Dr. Boyce.
Author:
Dr. Boyce takes time with me and actually listens and responds to my questions and what is going on with me and my health.
Author:
Outstanding neurologist. Helpful and good bedside manner. I would strongly recommend him to anyone with neurological issue.
Author:
Dr. Boyce is a very knowlegeable and caring neurologist. He is very concerned for his patients and wants the best fot them. He takes time to listen to my concerns. I'm very glad he is my neurologist.
Author:
This was my third visit to Dr. Boyce. With all of the visits the wait time was minimal. Dr. Boyce and all personnel were polite and efficient. My condition was explained and I left the visit feeling that the medical staff was interested in my well being.
Author:
Dr. Boyce is accessible, supportive and friendly in addition to his experience and clinical expertise in Parkinson’s disease.
Author:
Dr. Boyce was very informative and helpful.
Author:
Dr. Boyce listens carefully to any concerns I have, He is always positive and reassuring. He readily answers all my questions. I have found Dr, Boyce an excellent, caring neurologist.
Author:
For the several years I have been seeing Dr. Boyce, I have always been greeted by friendly and professional staff, and the persons who see me prior to Dr. Boyce's arrival are without exception polite, competent, pleasant, and thorough. There is also what I call the "kindness factor", evident in all my dealings with everyone in this office, from Dr. Boyce to the check-out person, which has a calming and reassuring effect on the patients. This is a model of how a medical office should be run!
Author:
A very good doctor and great bedside manner. I was having a bad seizure and he took the time to watch what was going on and acted accordingly.
Author:
Knowledgeable, professional, compassionate. Highly recommended.
Author:
I moved from Indianapolis to Richmond, so I needed to find a new practitioner. I was seen very timely and Dr. Boyce spent a good amount of time and thorough examination to identify my needs. I highly recommend him.
Author:
He listens. He cares. He's not in a hurry. He's always thinking. He's accessible. He explains. He does not build false hope nor does he take it away. He has a good sense of humor.
Author:
Dr. Boyce was pompous, pandering and uninterested in investigating my case despite obvious clinical signs of neurologic abnormalities. He lied to the attending physician regarding an EEG, which I never had conducted. He presumed he knew my symptoms were psycho somatic without any clinical investigation or testing beyond basic finger to finger and touching nerves. He observed me having a seizure like episode and stood by, watching. He said he would do "everything possible," yet did nothing.
Author:
Dr Boyce has been nothing but helpful to me and professional. I would recommend any of my friends to him.