Dr. Matthew Bong, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Matthew Bong, MD
Dr. Matthew Bong, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Pewaukee, WI. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Bong is affiliated with Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, Aurora Medical Center and Waukesha Memorial Hospital.

Dr. Bong's Experience

See how Dr. Bong's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bong

Dr. Bong accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Bong is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Bong has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bong to family and friends
Dr. Bong's Performance
in Dubuque, IA |
Dr. Bong and his staff were wonderful to work with, very efficient and knowledgeable . I have had both of my hips replaced by Dr. Bong in the past 18 months, and haven't felt this good in years.
in Janesville, WI |
I saw Dr. Bong to discuss hip replacement surgery. Dr. Bong gave me all the facts both ways so I could make an informed decision without pushing me either way. The pain drove me to choose surgery. Everything went SO smoothly. His staff was amazing. 5 weeks later I'm back to my life feeling way better than before surgery, so thankful I went through with it. Highly recommend Dr. Bong. He was kind, funny, down to earth & approachable.
in New Berlin, WI |
I was very impressed with Dr. Bong's credentials, especially his expertise with anterior hip replacements, which I needed. From my first consult with him, I found him very attentive to my concerns, very professional, and available to answer any question I had. He and his team took very good care of me prior to and following my procedure. My surgery and recuperation went very smoothly and he was always available in his clinic if I had any concerns. I highly recommend him.
in Nashotah, WI |
When it comes to your surgery, Dr Bong has high standards to all aspects of the surgery to ensure the best outcome. My first surgery had to be rescheduled, because of an allergic reaction to the surgery soap. He was concerned about a greater chance of infection. He was able to reschedule my surgery within a couple of weeks. My right hip was in pretty bad shape. My flexibility has been greatly increased. The pain I had is gone. Surgery is never fun, but this was a good experience.
Milwaukee, WI |
Excellent experience with the anterior hip replacement. Fast recovery. Loved the staff and Dr Bong. They made this process simple and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend Dr Bong to others.
Mukwonago, WI |
Very satisfied. A very good communicator.
in Waukesha, WI |
I knew immediately during my initial consultation that Dr. Bong was the right person to do my anterior total hip replacement. He listened to my needs and concerns, offered options, and made suggestions base on my needs. On surgery day, Dr. Bong visited my room within 4 hours following surgery. He also followed up timely the following morning of discharge. Everything about the experience was above and beyond my expectation. I would recommend Dr. Bong to anyone in need of this procedure.
in Waukesha, WI |
READ MY STORY PLEASE>>>Dr. Bong has been my Orthopaedic doctor/surgeon for 8+ years. I give him an A+ rating because he deeply cares about each and every patient. He has seen me for arm-shoulder injuries, joint injections, and most recently a full knee replacement. He listens to my concerns, addresses my health issues, and communicates his recommendations in an easy-to-understand way. Dr. Bong has exceeded my expectations as a surgeon/doctor.
in Oconomowoc, WI |
Given the thoughtful care and outstanding results Dr. Bong provided me, I recommend him very highly! Both he and staff members offered clear explanations, welcomed questions and made every effort to make me feel comfortable as we worked through my two recent surgeries to replace both of my hips. Based on the many positive comments I have heard from others about Dr. Bong, my experience was not unusual.
in Franklin, WI |
Dr. Matthew Bong is a fantastic surgeon. Had first anterior hip replacement July 2015 and the second one November 2015. Do not even know I had them done. Do water aerobics and yoga 5 - 6 times per week. Dr. Bong, his staff, and Oconomowoc hospital are all top-notch. Have recommended Dr. Bong to a number of people looking for a highly skilled physician and surgeon.
in Franklin, WI |
Dr. Bong is a wonderful surgeon! I recommend him to everyone I know with hip problems. This is my second hip replacement and I am doing wonderful! He is very patient and his spirit is so uplifting, just talking with him generates warmth and a feeling that you will be well taken care of. I wish more doctors had his bed side manner and professionalism.
in Genesee, WI |
Visited Dr. Bong for a second opinion regarding potential knee surgery. He and his PA were so thorough, friendly and explained their recommendations in easy to understand terms. I felt so much more confident and educated about my decisions when I left.
in Antioch, IL |
I came to Dr. Bong with severe pain in my left knee. He took an xray, said there's some arthritis & gave me cortisone shots in my knee. The pain did not go away after 2-3 weeks of more agony & falling, I went back to Dr Bong, he dismissed my claims, saying the arthritis he found was not going to to hurt that much & gave me more cortisone shots. Didn't help, so went to another Dr. who did an MRI, he found I had a bone spur that shredded my meniscus, did surgery & the pain went away.
in Menomonee Falls, WI |
I can't say enough positive things about my experience with Orthapedic Associates or Dr. Matthew Bong during my recent hip replacement surgery and my 23 hour stay at their Golf road facility. Dr Bong was present during all my pre-op appointments to answer any questions I had. My surgery was scheduled promptly. The staff was attentive and respectful throughout my procedure and follow up appointments with Dr. Bong were prompt and helpful. I always felt I was in good hands! Thank you all!
Nashotah Wi. |
We were recommended to Dr. Bong by friends and other people who had him as a surgeon. We highly recommend him as a surgeon. My husband had anterior hip replacement surgery done by him . the surgery went perfect as did the follow up appointments. We would certainly ask for Dr.Bong again if ever needed again. The recovery went just has he explained it.
in Delafield, WI |
Dr bong did my total knee replacement to correct knock knee and bone on bone. He did an excellent job. My leg is straight and my knee works well. I have no visible scar.
in Johnson Creek, WI |
I was shocked and scared to think I needed a hip replacement. However, after my initial meeting with Dr. Bong, I knew I was in good hands. He has a calming way about him and came highly recommended by several people. Everyone I came in contact with at the facility was amazing. I have already recommended Dr. Bong to several people. It has been six weeks since surgery and I have no pain, and can do most anything I did prior to surgery. Thank you Dr. Bong!
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Bong performed ACL surgery on our son who was Senior in H.S., released him after 6 months and one month later ACL failed, Dr. Bong did second surgery and changed nothing after 6 months he released him again and in gym class one month later ACL failed again, claimed only 3rd time that had ever happened. Florida surgeon performed 3rd ACL surgery in 19 months it has been 20 months now with no issues. Many questions on Dr. Bong decisions from practice in Florida as to the techniques he used.
in Brookfield, WI |
I've had a very successful anterior hip replacement by Dr. Bong. He is patient and explained things to my satisfaction. Very focused on minimizing infection, the rest of the staff were most helpful. I have recommended him to a number of people I know. He took the time to answer my many questions on the follow-up as well. Very comfortable.
in Elkhorn, WI |
I am young at 36 years old and was struggling and suffering with left hip pain since I had my son 2.5 years prior. I saw Dr. Bong and was diagnosed with "undiagnosed hip dysplagia". We treated conservatively for awhile until the degeneration became severe and was bone on bone. I underwent an anterior hip replacement and was home within 23 hours. Recovery was uncomplicated and my pain is completely gone. Dr. Bong is incredible! Thank you for giving me my life back! :)
in Miwaukee, WI |
Very good experience with Surgery and Rehab. Went pretty much as planned. Would highly reccomend.
in Janesville, WI |
I had lateral hip surgery with excellent care. Dr. Bong prepared me very well on the first visit. He took plenty of time and was easy to talk to. I knew I had a very skilled Doctor, and he was right one when I left. I was at the hospital 24 hours, and walked with a cane 13 days later, and was without the cane by my last visit, 6 weeks later. Everyone heals different, but Icould not ask a for better experience . ,
in Pewaukee, WI |
Had a meniscus tear. Dr. Bong was recommended to me by some close friends who had personal experience with his work. He was easy to work with and understand. He explained the different options and gave his opinion on what would work best for me based on my lifestyle. He has a dynamic and personable demeanor and works with a great staff. My experiences at Orthopedic Associates of Wisconsin was good - from the first appointment, to the MRI, to the surgery, al the way to the follow up.
Dr. Bong is a very caring and capable physician and surgeon. He takes the time to listen and answers all questions in a timely fashion. I had an anterior hip replacement done and could not have been more pleased with the experience. Pain issues were handled well. I went home the day after my surgery and am doing all of my physical therapy by myself in the comfort of my own home. This was the easiest surgery I have ever had! Hats off to Dr Bong and his amazing staff!
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Bong, MD?
Are you Dr. Bong?

Compare Dr. Bong

Dr. Bong's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Wisconsin not available

Dr. Bong has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bong's Board Certifications

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Med Coll Of Wi

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Bong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Arm Surgery