Dr. Matthew Blake, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 55 reviews.
Author:
Both Dr. Blake and Ryan were excellent to work with. They always made me feel like they were doing their best for me.
Author:
We have had a great experience with Dr. Blake. Our daughter had ACL/meniscus surgery. Dr. Blake did a great job helping her through surgery and providing proper recovery with PT and ARC after. Dr. Blake has been a life changer getting our daughter back to what she loves.
Author:
My experience with Dr. Blake couldn't have been better. Office visits and surgery were efficient but I was well informed every step of the way. He is a caring and courteous doctor.
Author:
As one of Dr. Blake's patients, I have felt very comfortable with his care and would refer him and his staff to anyone that has to go for shoulder surgery. Wonderful doctor!
Author:
All around I have been very pleased with my care. I have recommended Dr. Blake and his staff to many people.
Author:
Dr. Blake was great. Worked with me when I said I didn't want surgery from my first appointment. Very friendly and understanding and made this process so easy. I would trust him with all my medical needs.
Author:
Dr. Blake and Ryan Bailey have both done a wonderful job with my surgery and postop checkups to make sure everything is going smoothly. I have had great success with having my knee fixed, they are both very informative on what they were/are doing. Very glad I had them perform my surgery.
Author:
Dr. Blake was very friendly and knowledgeable. He explains things very clearly and easy to understand. His support staff is very helpful and knowledgeable as well.
Author:
Very pleased with the results of improvement of the condition of my shoulder!
Author:
Overall great experience. Dr. Blake and staff very professional and respectful. Explained health related issues clear and concise. I will recommend his services to family and friends.
Author:
Everything went great. A year after the procedure I feel almost at 100%. I have no knee pain whatsoever and I feel I will be able to perform like the injury never happened soon.
Author:
I tore my biceps while working in the garage. Being a "typical guy", I waited nearly a year before seeing a doctor. After meeting with Dr. Blake, I asked if it was too late to repair. He said, "No, but you make my job a little more difficult." Here I am 5 months later and ready to start swinging a golf club again. Dr. Blake & his entire staff were wonderful. After having surgery, people would ask, "Who did the procedure?" When I said Dr. Blake most respond with, " He's one of the best!" I agree.
Author:
Was helped with everything that needed done, was treated excellent.
Author:
Dr. Blake has been fantastic through this experience! The whole team has been phenomenal, and I feel I got the best care out there. I couldn't be happier with my experience!
Author:
Since the moment I stepped into the exam room with Dr. Blake and his staff, I knew I was at the right place. Friendly, caring, understanding, knowledgeable, and professional. I felt like I was one of his family. Very Happy!!
Very Good
Author:
Everything was great! No complaints.
Author:
Very helpful and friendly!
Author:
I was so happy I went from 1 month without use of my arm to full usage of my arm. I would recommend Dr. Matthew Blake and his crew any day! They did an awesome job and got me back to a normal happy life! Thank you!
Author:
Went above & beyond with explanations & answering all of my questions. Would recommend to everyone!
Author:
Dr. Blake was always straight-forward with me, especially the very beginning. I appreciated that. The entire staff is very courteous and professional. All of my questions and concerns were answered in terms I could understand. I was shown photos of my injured shoulder before and after the repair, as they explained the procedure to me. I will definitely refer anyone who asks to Dr. Blake and his team.
I had a great experience. I would highly recommend Dr. Blake
Great experience
Author:
What a wonderful person! Starts caring for you from the first visit; treats you like you are a member of his family! Excellent Doctor! This man makes Avera Orthopedics!! A blessing! Thank you!
Author:
Always felt comfortable with discussions and options. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff!
Author:
Very happy with Doc and staff. All treatments and follow ups were excellent. Highly recommend. Jason in PT was awesome.
Author:
Dr. Blake & all of his staff were excellent. Explained everything very well throughout the process. Overall it was a success and I am grateful to him and the rest of the team!
Author:
Very pleased with the staff, PA, and Doctor - highly recommend for shoulder/elbow issues!
Author:
Very satisfied! Outcomes as promised!
Author:
The experience with the Avera staff has been excellent. Dr. Blake did all of the things that would be required for rehab, etc. Thank you Dr. Blake!
Author:
Great x-ray techs and nurses!
Author:
We took our son to Dr. Blake for a second opinion of a clavicle fracture. We were very impressed at how Dr. Blake explained everything to us. He made sure all of our questions were answered.
Author:
The care I've gotten here has been the best! Thank you!
It's been great!
Author:
Dr. Blake and staff are awesome! Very kind, supportive, and knowledgeable! Thanks much!!
Author:
Generally, all fine! One area needs attention - I asked several times for estimates of costs, and was never provided any. In the end, the entire operation came to around $25,000-$30,000 billed by several entities. The only verbal estimate I received was 10-15% of that figure, obviously only for a portion.
Author:
I have told several people about how good Dr. Blake is. If I had to see anyone, he would be the one I would want to go see again. Thanks Dr. Blake for caring.