Dr. Matthew Berger, MD

Dr. Matthew Berger, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Matthew Berger, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Moosic, PA. He is 57 years old.

340 Montage Mountain Rd

Moosic, PA 18507

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Berger

See how frequently Dr. Berger performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bipolar Disorder
Anxiety
Major Depressive Disorder

Dr. Berger's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Berger does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Confusion
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Universidad Central Del Este (Uce), Facultad De Medicina
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Berger has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Berger has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Berger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Berger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Berger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Berger to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Berger's Performance
Dallas, PA |
4 years of hell after my husband stopped taking an anti-depressant he had been taking for 30 years. Instead of putting him back on the medication that had worked for thirty years, he insisted on trying 20 different prescriptions, anti-psychotics, and even electroshock therapy. All the while, he was getting worse, even suicidal. After 4 years of this living hell, I insisted that he be put back on his original prescription. Within two wet, he was back to his old self, and has been ever since.
Clarks Summit, PA |
My daughter received a rude letter from Therapist J disassociating her "professional" relationship. Why you may ask? Probably because my daughter had to cancel her Monday apt on Sunday due to being called into to work at the last minute. My daughter is not doing well now because of this in part. Not my idea of professionalism for a psychiatric/psychological practice.
Scranton, PA |
Called to cancel appt got a letter 2 weeks later that therapist J. was dropping me I had never even seen her it was a rude very crude letter glad I wasn't on the "edge" I find this completely unethical especially from a psychiatric practice I was very hurt and confused
in Moosic, PA |
I'm actually pretty shocked at how unprofessional the staff is here. I started calling in the middle of January. I called three times a week for 3 weeks and left messages for the new patient coordinator. I spoke with the new patient coordinator for the first time today after 9 tries and I was even more disappointed in her than I was the other women who answer the calls and transfer you to this woman. That in itself made me change my mind about the practice. I wi
Do not use this practice! This is the most unethical and dysfunctional "psychiatrist's" office I have ever encountered. I have received letters regarding my chronically mentally ill family member that were falsified and stating that my family member was compliant with his treatment and appointments...I found out that the letter was written by the Nurse Practioner and signed by Dr.Berger (who never sees the patient) and furthermore, my family member had not been seen for months!!
in Scranton, PA |
I've been a patient of Rachel Galati and Dr. Berger for four years. I find them both insightful and thoughtful and have recommended friends and family to become patients.
in Poconos , PA |
Love this place. I've been struggling throughout my life with being a victim of a use and the mental illnesses as a result. It's a very busy place and the waiting room can be an anxious place for someone with anxiety. However, I love my therapist and my psych! I've made amazing progress in the 4 years I've been going here. My insomnia is basically gone, the ocd and depression are in control thanks to this place! Super supportive people. Discreet and compassionate as well.
in Scranton, PA |
Love this doctors office...
in Scranton, PA |
I would have given a better review, but the receptionist are not that polite and ignore you sometimes when there is a line to check in. The waiting room is almost always over crowded and they seem to always be running behind. I once had to reschedule because I could not wait any longer. However, I continue to go the because my physicians assistant and therapist are absolutely wonderful! I feel very comfortable with them and they don't rush through your appointment like when you see the Dr.
in newfoundland, pa |
I see Daryl Krause, PA for almost two years and she is not only an excellent professional with this practice but am awesome peristaltic, caring and even maintains phone contact when I have medication issues and questions or I'm in an emotional state or problems, love her, anyone would and the office girls are amazing with follow through and anything they can do to accomadate you, ten STAR practice!??????
in Greenfield Township, PA |
His office is a patient factory. I went to his office for 5 years, I saw him once. The one time I did he called me crazy and stupid and said I needed to leave. I was just their to get a med refill. It was uncalled for and unprovoked. He is rude and unprofessional
in Scranton, PA |
The office is very unprofessional, you call, leave messages and NO ONE ever returns your call. Twice in a row I called to have a script refilled and they never called it in. Definitely looking for another physician
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Berger, MD?
Are you Dr. Berger?