Dr. Matthew Barber, MD

Dr. Matthew Barber, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Matthew Barber, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Mobile, AL. He is 41 years old and has been practicing for 14 years.

3610 Springhill Memorial Dr N

Mobile, AL 36608

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Barber

See how frequently Dr. Barber performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Knee
Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis of Hip

Dr. Barber's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Barber "Matthew Barber, MD is a board-certified, fellowship trained Orthopaedic surgeon sub-specializing in joint replacement for hips and knees."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Hip Arthritis
  • Hip Pain
  • Knee Arthritis
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Cramp

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of South Alabama / College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • University Of South Alabama Hospitals-Orthopaedic Surgery
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • University Of South Alabama Hospitals-Orthopaedic Surgery
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Arizona Institute For Bone and Joint Disorders-Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedics
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Barber has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barber's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barber to family and friends
Dr. Barber's Performance
in Theodore, AL |
Dr. Barber is the most knowledgeable Doctor I have ever been to! He spends all the time you need and explains every detail! He is a great surgeon and a fine Christian Doctor that prays with his patients! My knee replace has been wonderful and I should have had the surgeon sooner! I would not let anyone else do surgery on me!!
Hi Wanda Prine, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Matthew D. Barber, MD. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Dr. Barber is not only an amazing surgeon, but as you mentioned, a fine, genuine man. We at AOC are so fortunate to have him on our team. Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!
Foley, AL |
Have seen the good doctor many times over past 2-3 years..this last visit was good BUT really wanted him to be more aggressive in handing my complaint/issues...he is usually conservative which is good but this time needed another level..but will be seeing him again, soon and take it from there
in Mobile, AL |
I would be more than confident to recommend Dr Matt Barber to my family and friends. Thank you Dr Barber
Nancy Bowen, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Like you, we at AOC think Dr. Barber is not only an exceptional surgeon, but an outstanding man. We are so happy to have him as part of our team. We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Matthew D. Barber, MD!
in Mobile, AL |
I had hip replacement surgery by Dr Barber and never had a better experience, from surgery to after care, Dr Barber and his entire staff were excellent. Thank you all so very much
Hi Debra Lewis, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We know Dr. Barber is an amazing surgeon, but he is also one of the kindest men you will meet. We at AOC are so lucky to have him on our team. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.
in Forest Home, AL |
A lot of waiting. Arrived at 1:20 PM for 1:45 appt. (Instructions were to arrive 15 minutes early.) Note pad check in OK at first, then began repeating questions. Finally had to ask for help to get out of program to complete check in. Staff very polite and helpful. I had brought xrays; they had to be redone. Visit with Dr. Barber great. All questions answered and surgery scheduled. Finally completed visit about 4:30 PM. Other than the waiting, I have no complaints.
Hello Linda Till, thank you; we appreciate your feedback! We are constantly working on internal problems to insure great and efficient patient satisfaction. We have shared this information with the staff and will be working diligently to improve. Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!
in Mobile, AL |
He is funny, has an easy "bedside" manner, is very patient when you ask a lot of questions and you don't feel rushed. He will take the time to explain your problem to you.
Hi Catherine, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Matthew D. Barber, MD. We're happy we could meet your expectations! We think he is fantastic, not just as a surgeon, but one of the nicest men we know. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!
in Theodore, Alabama |
Dr. Barber performed a total hip replacement on me a week ago and did a great job. Not only was I ver impressed with his surgical skills but he was the most humble doctor I have ever met. He never rushed me or my wife with answering all of the normal questions one would have before having a surgery like this. He actually prayed for me and himself that God would guide his hand in surgery. After the surgery he checked on me every morning thereafter and sat on the bed and talked to me. Great man!
Calvin Brown, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We think Dr. Barber is pretty amazing too. He has his own way of being not only a great doctor, but a special spiritual man. We are so glad you had such a fantastic outcome.
Mobile, AL |
Conformis total knee replacement went without a hitch. Dr. Barber made me feel completely comfortable before and after the surgery. AOC is a terrific group of doctors and nurses.
Have you seen Dr. Matthew Barber, MD?

Visit Dr. Barber