Dr. Mathew Samuel, MD

Dr. Mathew Samuel, MD

Rheumatology  |
Dr. Mathew Samuel, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Ashland, KY. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 43 years. Dr. Samuel is affiliated with King's Daughters Medical Center and Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital.

2154 Carter Ave Ste D

• Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Samuel

See how frequently Dr. Samuel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Arthritis
Autoimmune Diseases
Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)

Dr. Samuel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Samuel "We do our best to treat every patient who comes to us for help with great respect and dignity humanly possible. We try to diagnose the problem with the information collected from the history,examination and necessary tests available to us today.Once the diagnosis is made we offer the patients the latest and state of the art treatments available to us at this time.We understand that we maynot be able to make a diagnosis all the time and even when the diagnosis is made we cannot treat or cure every disease.We do our best to provide our patients with the best care available today to ease their suffering and improve the quality of life.We donot claim to help everybody,only the Great Physician can.We just do dress the wound ,the great Physician heals the wound."

• Rheumatology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Chronic Pain
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Juvenile Chronic Arthritis
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Limb Swelling
  • Lupus
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

• Arthrocentesis
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Christian Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated 1974
  • Robert Packer Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Robert Packer Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • SUNY,Syracuse,Ny
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004

Dr. Samuel has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Malayalam
  • Tamil

Dr. Samuel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Samuel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Samuel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Samuel to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Samuel's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Portsmouth, OH |
First off, the receptionist, well one of them, was very rude. The nurse that came outback in the waiting room to get me, just singnaled me to come in. She was complaining about her hot flashes and was super rude. He was the same way. I will not be back whatsoever.
Columbus, OH |
It was several years ago when I saw Dr. Samuels. I only saw him a few times because of his awful attitude. I was apprehensive about taking a medication and he told me I must not be too sick or I would take it. Needless to say I didn't go back to him
Russell, KY |
Wonderful doctor has really helped me with my arthritis, he is concerned about your problems greatnurse anSecretary.
Lancaster, KY |
After 3 years of looking for answers for the cause of my illness with no resolve Dr. Samuel diagnosed me, and with proper treatment I am doing so much better. He is so kind, and he even came to the hospital when he didnt have to once to just visit my grandfather (also a patient) to make sure he was okay. He doesn't put up with flighty people who miss their appointments, and he is no nonsense, which apparently some people take as rude. He's far from rude. He will just tell it like it is.
in Southpoint OH |
Dr Samuels is a very knowledgeable physician. His staff on the other hand are the poorest excuse for a team I have ever encountered. Their cistomer service skills are poor. They are rude and disrespectful. As many times as I have been to their office, they still do not know me. I would almost bet that if Dr Samuels replaced his nurse and receptionist, his client base would increase.
in Sitka ky |
Absolutely the rudest person ever my daughter had a, Dr appointment and we didn't get out in time for me to go see him it was a hour drive I had 15 minutes to get there i called to make another one and they would not let me not a very good way to get patients said he dismissed me just plain rude.
in Prestonsburg, KY |
I saw Dr. Samuel one time and I will never go back. I was there to find out about shoulder blade pain I was having. He gave me no answers for my pain. I have ankylosing spondylitis and he said that he didn't believe that I did. I see a psychiatrist and take several medications for my mental health issues. He questioned why I was taking the medications that I was taking, like he is a psychiatrist. He was of no help to me at all!
in Sandy Hook, KY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Samuels for past few years and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is an excellent Doctor.
Rudest, most inconsiderate doctor I have ever met. Implied that I was there for pain meds, when I was only there because my doctor had referred me after a lab test came back with concerning results. I'm 100% drug free and work every day. I went to him for help. I did not deserve to be talked down to and downright insulted.
Have you seen Dr. Mathew Samuel, MD?
Are you Dr. Samuel?