Dr. Mathew Lefkowitz, MD

Dr. Mathew Lefkowitz, MD

Anesthesiology | Male

Dr. Mathew Lefkowitz, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Brooklyn, NY. He is 62 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Lefkowitz is affiliated with Long Island College Hospital, SUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York Methodist Hospital.

Dr. Lefkowitz's Experience

See how Dr. Lefkowitz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lefkowitz

Dr. Lefkowitz accepts 26 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Lefkowitz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lefkowitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lefkowitz to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Lefkowitz's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Brooklyn, NY |
first visit and new patient. I called the 2nd wk of Apr and I was told they will verify my info and call me back for an appt. the 3rd wk I called to ask what is going. Funny thing nobody could find a record of my call or my info. another wk goes by and finally an appt. Day of the appt I arrive only 5 mins late. fill out the all the paperwork. Then an hour and 22 mins I am called inside. To wait yet again. I finally had enough and walked out. I called my lawyer and told them everything. STAY AWAY
in Flushing, NY |
Dr. Lefkowitz is an excellent doctor. He is a true professional. I brought my mother to another pain doctor before Dr. Lefkowitz and he was a total waste of time. Pain management is not just knowledge, it is also skill and finesse. Dr. Lefkowitz has all of this. Dr. Lefkowitz and his staff has always been very kind to my mother and me, and I appreciate that. Yes, you have to wait sometimes, but he is one person and the best. He is a 10 in my book. May God Bless Dr. Lefkowitz!!!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Leftkowtiz has been helping my Dad manage his chronic lower back pain for some years now. He is very attentive and caring. My Dad has pounced around doctors to get relief for his back and I believe he has found a great home with Dr. Leftkowitz. His office staff are very kind, responsive and helpful and the wait is not too bad. Go with Dr. Leftkowitz if you need exceptional pain management. Thank you Dr. Leftkowitz!
Brooklyn, NY |
I have been here several times, but I will never return after today. I waited an hour and when I politely asked how much longer it would be the doctor jumped in and said just reschedule. Then he asked me to wait and then proceeded to lecture me on how he was just one person. It was unnecessary and rude. It got worse when his office manager started yelling at me for requesting my copay back. He was beyond awful and I cannot believe the doctor allows him to speak to (former) patients that way.
Brooklyn, NY |
I'm not sure why he didn't get a higher rating. I've been going to him over a year and I must say that he is very knowledgeable, friendly and compassionate. He takes his time to speak with you about your options and addresses all of your concerns. I've had a great rappore with his assistants and office manager Daniel, who has helped me tremendously.
Have you seen Dr. Mathew Lefkowitz, MD?
Are you Dr. Lefkowitz?

Compare Dr. Lefkowitz

Dr. Lefkowitz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Anesthesiology
    •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Lefkowitz has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lefkowitz's Board Certifications

Completed in 1987

Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1976

• French

Dr. Lefkowitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lefkowitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anesthesiology