Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD

Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 49

Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Corpus Christi, TX. Dr. Alexander has more experience with Cranial Neurosurgery and Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Corpus Christi Medical Center - Bay Area and CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Alexander to book an appointment.

South Texas Brain and Spine Center

New Patient?
South Texas Brain and Spine Center1227 3rd St Corpus Christi, TX 78404

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Alexander is affiliated with Corpus Christi Medical Center - Bay Area Corpus Christi, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Alexander's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Alexander

3.7

Dr. Alexander?
  • Explained conditions well (72)
  • Listened & answered questions (67)
  • Office environment (66)
  • Long wait times (71)
  • Appointment was rushed (26)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (25)
Terrible office management. We waited 4 hours and finally decided to leave. We decided that this poor attitude and lack of respect towards patients would most definitely reflect their attitude towards surgery. I know my time is not nearly as valuable as some but that was 4 hours lost for good.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Robin – Aug 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
I just went in for my 18 month checkup. Before the surgery I could barley walk and now I am up to a mile a day. My sciatic nerve issues have not returned and the pain is at a level that I can treat it with over counter drugs. This is an awesome result. Great Surgeon, great staff. I would recommend Dr. Alexander to anyone who wants or needs results.
Jun 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
Great doctor and staff. Would recommend to anyone. Takes time in explaining your problem and how he is going to fix it.
Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
Outstanding Doctor and staff. Wish all Doctor offices were like Dr. Alexander. Any waiting time is well worth it. Thanks for your Great service Doctor and Staff....
Rolando Molina – Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
i had severe spinal cord.compression and was wheelchair bound. After surgery I can walk again
Mark – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
I cannot explain just how grateful I am to Dr. Alexander. I suffered for years with excruciating pain on my lower back down my right leg. I had not slept on my own bed in at least 2 years. I handed my life over to him and he has given it back to me 99% better than it was before. I had my surgery March of this year and I can honeslty say that I do not feel any of the pain I had before. He has given me my life back to enjoy with my family once again. I highly recommend him.
Marmal – Nov 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
In 2010, my husband fell 12’ through a ceiling, landing on his head on a concrete floor. His neck was broken in 4 places, as well as other life-threatening injuries. Dr. Matthew Alexander performed life-saving neurosurgery, and after 59 days in 3 hospitals, he made a miraculous recovery. Five months later, Dr. Alexander removed a tumor at the junction of C1-C2, and 7 months after that, he removed another tumor from around his brain stem, in an extremely difficult place to operate. Nine months later, he required lower back surgery -- his 4th neurosurgery within 2 years, performed by Dr. Alexander. In 2016, I had a spinal cord injury, and Dr. Alexander successfully performed an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion at C4-C7. Dr. Alexander is an experienced, super-dedicated neurosurgeon, and works late/long hours to accommodate EVERYONE! .We would NEVER consider going to anyone else. He saved our quality of life multiple times, and we will be forever grateful!
Diane S. – Nov 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
I am a 68 yr old female. Doctor Alexander has saved my life. I was in a wheelchair this time last year. He performed my surgery and cleaned out a deadly spinal infection, I was in absolute agony when he saved me. There are not enough words to express the kindness brains and talent this man has been Blessed with. There is no other Doctor better than him. I am walking, infection free, and just about pain free. The office and staff are wonderful and you can expect a wait. All good things are worth waiting for. God Bless this man.
Lydia Franco – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
Dr. Alexander has performed surgery for spinal compression fractures on my 92 year old sister. The fractures cause excruciating pain and Dr. Alexander has alleviated the pain. He is very caring and takes the time to show and explain the procedures that will be done. You might have to wait, but the wait is worth it if you will get relieve from pain.
M Garcia – Aug 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
He's a very good doctor. He takes his time in explaining the patient's problems.
Aug 22, 2019
EXCELLENT BACK AND NECK SURGEON
CONRAD P RUIZ – Aug 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
Superior neurosurgeon. Had a great surgical experience and recovery was quick. This was the second surgery in my neck. The previous was in 1997 where three disks were removed. I was suffering from extreme headaches. Now I am free of the headaches caused from my neck.
Corpus Christi, TX – Jun 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
I had lower back surgery with Dr Alexander in early 2018. He is a very good and thorough surgeon. Like he told me he can’t take all my pain away. He did alleviate the pain. He always does his best to tend to my back pain. I would recommend him to anyone that needs back surgery. N Bueno
Jun 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
After 4 hours I was 4th in line then the staff said it was best to call in at the time of your appointment, then they will call me back 30 minutes before the doctor can see me, they will call me back in Ingleside to come back and see Dr Alexander - I quickly saw one of his associates and when he showed me my x-ray I couldn't see the fracture - left and never went back to him Other patients said he sometimes orders pizza at 8pm for those still waiting
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
TX, TX – May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
When I began losing feeling in my fingers, Dr. Alexander and his team quickly (and confidently) diagnosed, communicated, and arranged procedure on neck vertebrae to "fix." His knowledge, skills, and process is so good that this is practically an in-patient evolution. Although wait times in lobby and exam room may vary, follow-up appointments are stress free with an attentive staff and scheduling (office open until 7pm). You are likely reading this and researching this Doctor due to a referral - I can confidently say that you will be in good hands if fortune finds you with an option to have Dr. Alexander and his team at South Texas Brain & Spine review your case.
Steve H in Corpus Christi, TX – May 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
what a great doctor i had a blood hemorrhage in my left side of my head the blood was pushing on my brain giving me severe pain i went to two hospitals they did CAT scans and sent me home with pain meds the pain only got worse after a week of such bad pain i went to see dr alexander he put me in the hospital the same day and did surgery to remove the blood and the pain was gone six months later new CAT scan and all blood is gone back to normal again thank you dr alexander
grover sullivan in riviera, TX – Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Mathew Alexander to everyone. He did an excellent job on my surgery. I am completely pain free! He is an amazing and very caring doctor!
Juan Suarez in Corpus Chris, TX – Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
Dr. Alexander diagnosed and very carefully resected my husband's brain tumor which was very near the motor skills area of the brain. He took time to carefully explain everything so that we could understand it fully. He so successfully removed it that, even though it was aggressive, after nine months it has not returned We thank both God and Dr. Alexander.
Mar 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
In August, 2018, Dr. Mathew Alexander gave my life back to me for the second time since I have been a patient of his. Pain in my lower back kept me from doing things like making my bed, etc. It has been about seven months since the surgery, and I am now able to do almost anything I want or need to do. Dr. Alexander and his staff will always have my gratitude. He is my hero.
Henrietta Stewart in Corpus Christi, TX – Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?
Can't say enough Good about Dr. Alexander. Professional. Informative. Kind. Caring. It was a Privilege before and After surgery. He explained what was happening thur surgery, time it would take, how I could feel, and the care and I would need to recovery. You could not choose anyone more in your Corner. Linda Mullen
Linda Mullen in Alice, TX – Mar 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mathew Alexander, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Alexander?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Alexander

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Alexander treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Alexander treats other conditions, please contact the office at (361) 883-4323.

Cranial Neurosurgery

Cranial neurosurgeons perform surgical procedures that involve opening or passing through the skull to treat conditions affecting the brain, spinal cord, and nervous system.Compare with other Cranial Neurosurgery specialists.

Dr. Alexander treats at a

Normal
High
Very High

Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures specialists.

Dr. Alexander treats at a

Similar Providers
Spondylolisthesis
Spinal Stenosis
Herniated Disc Surgery
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Normal

• Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Torticollis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Alexander accepts

Dr. Alexander accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO