Dr. Matheson Harris, MD

Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  |
36 reviews

• Altius Health Plans
  • Ameritas
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Molina Healthcare
  • National Elevator
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Utah

I strive to treat a patient the way I would expect to be treated if I were in their shoes. Communicating with the patient throughout the examination by explaining what I'm looking for and what I am finding helps them understand their condition. I think it helps build trust and confidence that we both have the same goal, and that is to bring you the best possible outcome. I want to know about my patient's lives, not just their immediate problem. This allows me to serve them in a way that is most meaningful to them, not just to my understanding. I want my patients to leave the office feeling they were listened to and that their biggest concerns were addressed. If I can do that, I've succeeded as your doctor.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Harris' Experience

See how Dr. Harris' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Harris has admitting privileges.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
Dr. Harris' Performance
in SLC, UT |
During my visit, Dr. Harris was thorough, timely, and generous with his time and recommendations for my personal eye care treatment plan. He is extremely knowledgeable about eyes and I would recommend him to anyone i know who would require any eye treatment. Excellent physician!!
in Park City, UT |
I had cosmetic eye surgery (upper lids and puffy underneath the eyes) by Dr. Harris. He answered all my questions before I scheduled surgery and at the post surgery office visits. I am extremely pleased with the results and recommend his services.
in Kanab, UT |
Excellent communicator. Listens. Explains and speaks to you as if you were a friend, not above you. Not arrogant or dismissive. Staff is friendly and you feel welcome. Short wait at office, and if you present with a medical situation that is needing immediate attention, he will accommodate your case. Highly competent occuloplastic surgeon that appears to love his work. He could also qualify as "Dr. McDreamy" lol!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I had the eyelid surgery from Dr. Harris. I would highly recommend the doctors services. I have been treated with the best before and after care. Office staff and explanation of what to expect was very thorough. I would recommend Dr. Harris to all needing this procedure.
Salt Lake City, UT |
I found Dr. Harris to be a very caring and competent oculoplastic surgeon. The process of having him do blepharoplasty on my upper eyelids was comfortable from beginning to end. I knew what to expect beforehand, and what to expect afterwards. Everything was well explained, and I was very pleased with the result. I would recommend Dr. Harris and his staff highly.
Have you seen Dr. Matheson Harris, MD?

Dr. Harris says...

Dr. Matheson Harris is a board certified Ophthalmologist and Ophthalmic plastic (oculoplastic) surgeon, also specializing in functional and cosmetic oculoplastic and facial surgery. A native of Utah, he completed his undergraduate education first at Dixie College, then Southern Utah University. He went on to complete medical school at Penn State University, followed by an internship at the Milton S. Hershey Medical center and residency in Ophthalmology at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. He then completed a two-year ASOPRS (American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery) oculoplastic surgery fellowship at West Virginia University Eye Institute, with special training in orbital and lacrimal surgery, in addition to eyelid and facial reconstruction. He is also a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Dr. Harris has published numerous peer-reviewed articles on oculoplastic topics and presented research at several national meetings. He is also an adjunct assistant professor at the University of Utah, providing oculoplastic training to the residents in ophthalmology. He is also involved in helping train oculoplastic surgery fellows with Dr. Richard Anderson. Dr. Harris formerly worked with the veterans at the Salt Lake VA Medical Center. Dr. Harris practices at his Salt Lake and St. George offices.

Dr. Harris lives in Salt Lake City with his wife and 3 children. When away from the office, they enjoy many activities including skiing, cycling, camping, rock climbing and just being together. Dr. Harris enjoys woodworking, ski building, learning the guitar, and is a modern design aficionado.

Dr. Harris' Care Philosophy

Dr. Harris' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Harris' Board Certifications

Dixie State College

Graduated in 1998

Southern Utah University

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery