Dr. Massimiliano Spaliviero, MD

Dr. Massimiliano Spaliviero, MD

Urologic Oncology  |
Dr. Massimiliano Spaliviero, MD is an urologic oncology doctor who practices in Stony Brook, NY. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years.

HSC Level 9 Room 040 Room 040

Stony Brook, NY 11794

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Spaliviero

See how frequently Dr. Spaliviero performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Urinary Disorders
Bladder Diseases
high
Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
high

Dr. Spaliviero's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Urologic Oncology
  • Endourology
  • Male Adult Urology
  • Prostate Oncology
  • Urology

Dr. Spaliviero does not have any board certifications listed.

• Anemia
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Leukocytosis
  • Lung Cancer
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Neutropenia
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pancytopenia
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Surgical Biopsy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Varicocelectomy or Hydrocelectomy
  • Vasectomy
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Liceo G.B. Grassi, Saronno, Va 21047, Italy
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Spaliviero has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Spaliviero has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Spaliviero does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Spaliviero and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Spaliviero's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Spaliviero to family and friends
Dr. Spaliviero's Performance
Shirley, NY |
I saw Dr. Massimiliano Spaliviero today and I have to say he is a Great Doctor. Professional, kind, and listens to what you have to say. I recommend this doctor to anyone. F
in Setauket |
The best, not just one of the best but Thee Best. Dr. Massimiliano Spaliviero made me feel very comfortable, like family. He sat in a chair right next to me like a good friend would. He outlined all my options including procedures that may have moved me out of Stony Brook to a different hospital. Docs a dream Surgeon right out of a fairy tale story that's come to life, I couldn't emphasize this more. Everyone of the Docs associates did great too, I'd have given 10 stars but it wasn't an option.
in East Setauket |
I don't normally right reviews but after my experience with Dr.Spaliviero and his staff i felt I had to. it isn't easy to find a physician that you can trust with your life in his hands. Dr. Spaliviero's thoroughness and expertise was outstanding in my opinion (I'm sure I speak for others too). I'd recommend him to relatives And friends. His staff is friendly and warm. Amy in his pre certification department is quick, afficiant, not to mention a genuine soul. Thank you for easy painless experi
in 11971 |
After not being able to figure out how to treat my 88 year old mom he basically gave up on her and no longer wanted to be bothered she had reacurring UTIs very rude and really could care less about her condition
in East Quogue NY |
I would highly recommend Dr Spaliviero to anyone. I consider myself very fortunate to have Dr Spaliviero as one of my doctors. He is a caring, concerned, compassionate professional. He take the time to explain in detail what his treatment will be. He puts the patient at ease. Thank you Dr Spaliviero.
in New York, NY |
Excellent doctor! Always friendly and always explains everything very well. Always felt that I could trust his decisions which helped with the anxiety of the two surgeries I had. I highly recommend him to all!
in Lake Grove |
All of the staff at Stony Brook Urology while attending appts specifically for Dr. Spaliviero have always been professional, and courteous beyond expectation. Dr Spaliviero always takes the necessary time to explain everything, ask me questions regarding my condition. A true consummate gentleman and a scholar. Always a pleasure to see him and his support staff. Thank you Stony Brook Urology.
in Miller Place, NY |
The doctor and his entire staff are very kind and caring. Dr. Spaliviero explains all test results very carefully and answers all your questions. His new staff member Naomi is EXCELLENT!!
in Coram, NY |
I have never met a more compassionate, caring doctor as Dr. Spaliviero. He took the time to explain my illness, what needed to be done and assured me, he and his team of Doctors would make my surgery a priority. He is the reason I am here today. I highly recommend him as a Doctor and a surgeon. He is proficient and truly cares about his patients. He office staff is also very professional and helpful.
in Ridge, NY |
Dr. Max Spaliviero is what you hope for as a patient. Professional in his approach, compassionate in his delivery, and completely dedicated to his patients. He and his staff are excellent in scheduling and performance of their necessary treatments. He always gives you plenty of time for any questions or concerns you may have, you never feel rushed. Most important, he and his staff are accessible when you need them. Steve Ruth
Smithtown, NY |
Dr Spaliviero is a fantastic doctor. He listens, shows genuine concern, is very communicative with explaining diagnoses and procedures, recovery and follow up steps. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone and everyone.
in East Islip, NY |
I would not be alive today if it were not for Dr. S, I had kidney cancer and he made a point to make sure he got it all removed. After the perfect surgery we were hit with an infection that was making me loose blood and not help with my healing, he made every effort to check my kidney every day and make as many tests as needed to insure that the infection would not harm any other part of my body, this has to be the best doctor that I have ever come in contact with, this man is a great plus to
in Riverhead NY 11901 |
I know Dr. "Max" to be a very expert in his fields of medicine (urology and oncology). His gentleness and kindness is far superior than I have experienced in other urologists offices. His recommendation to Dr. Craig Grossman (Radiation Oncologist) at Stonybrook University Radiation Oncology was without any doubt on my part THE way to proceed. I understand that Dr. Max and Dr. Grossman are very gentle and compassionate with their patients.
Riverhead, NY |
Dr. Spaliviero really went above and beyond in making my procedure and follow up as great an experience as could be. He took the time to fully understand my background and personal situation as well as my medical history to provide me with the information I needed to manage my care. Thank you Dr. Spaliviero.
in Holbrook, NY |
Dr. Spaliviero is not only knowledgeable but has great compassion. My father,89, has been under his care for some time now. Every visit the doctor takes the time to explain all options, even if it takes one hour. What a great human being, let alone doctor.
in Mattituck, NY |
I cannot begin to explain how amazing Dr. Spaliviero has been to me and my wife. I recently had my perforated bladder repaired and throughout the entire ordeal I felt as though the doctor treated me like I was family. I am so thankful that I ended up in his care.
Have you seen Dr. Massimiliano Spaliviero, MD?
Are you Dr. Spaliviero?

See our Urologic Oncology Specialists at NYU Winthrop Hospital

Visit Dr. Spaliviero

Dr. Spaliviero accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
  • EmblemHealth
    Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York (HIP) PPO
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA