Dr. Mason Bias, MD

Dr. Mason Bias, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Mason Bias, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Saint Louis, MO. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 24 years.

12855 N 40 Dr Ste 260

Saint Louis, MO 63141

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Bias

See how frequently Dr. Bias performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cataract Removal Surgery
Astigmatism
Senile Cataracts
high

Dr. Bias's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Senile Cataracts
  • Visual Field Defects

• Cataract Removal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• The College Of William and Mary
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Baptist Memorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Usaf Wilford Hall Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Bias has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bias does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bias and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bias' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bias to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Bias' Performance
in St Louis, MO |
Had my first cataract surgery a month ago and have already recommended Dr. Bias to a dear friend. I received friendly, professional care from him and his entire staff.
in Manchester, MO |
"Thank you for trusting me with your eye care." This is the note Dr. Bias sent me after laser surgery and lens replacement for cataracts. This showed to me the care and attention to detail that Dr. Bias exhibits. My office visits were well organized and on time. Dr. Bias was totally focused in surgery - not much time to chat as he focused on the work to be done. He and his team of nurses at the Advanced Surgery Center provided excellent care for both my surgeries. I am extremely pleased.
in Ballwin, MO |
If you are an elderly individual or have an elderly relative needing eye surgery this is not the doctor for you. My husband is very skittish when it comes to surgery and Dr. Bias did not make it easy for him. During surgery, Dr. Bias used obscenities and screamed at my husband to hold still. Why he did not sedate him, we will never know. When my husband went back to revisit Dr. Bias his file was labeled Bad Patient. We opted to go with a more compassionate doctor.
in Wildwood, MO |
Cateract surgery, both eyes over a 3 month period, Complete success! Dr Bias and staff very professional and friendly, attended to every detail. Would not hesitate to recommend his services to anyone.
in St Louis, MO |
My care with Dr. Bias was very personal. Everything was explained clearly during office visits, and during procedure for cataracts and capsulotomy, I was kept informed, and at ease, every step of the way.
in St Louis, MO |
Since I have lazy eye, I was nervous about cataract surgery in the eye on which I depend for day to day functioning. I chose laser-assisted surgery to reduce stress on the eye. I was in and out of surgery in 15 minutes, and the next day I had 20-20 distance vision for the first time in my life. I also am reading the newspaper again. I look forward to cataract surgery on my other eye in a few weeks and then new reading glasses. I am so glad I was referred to Dr. Bias.
Colbert, GA |
The office staff are extremely qualified and pleasant. Dr Bias skill is very aparent with thorough examination and decisive treatment. I had complete confidence with the course of treatment and was anxious to move forward with surgery, and had wonderful results on both eye surgeries.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Bias was recommended and referred by my optometrist. I found my entire experience with him and his staff to be pleasant and professional. All were knowledgeable, and were able to answer my questions before and after my cataract and lens implant surgeries. The surgeries on both eyes were successful, with very little discomfort. I am now able to operate with only reading glasses, which has made my life much easier. I can recommend Dr. Bias with no hesitation to anyone needing eye surgery.
St Louis, MO |
Dr. Bias is very knowledgeable, answered all of my questions, and was extremely professional. My eye surgery was very successful, and I now see 20/20. Lauren of his office staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I would highly recommend the entire office.
Ballwin, MO |
Dr. Bias and his staff are knowledgeable, caring, and professional. After having cataract surgery with multifocal lens implants, I can see perfectly without glasses! Dr. Bias is truly a gifted cataract surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Bias to anyone who needs cataract surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Mason Bias, MD?
Are you Dr. Bias?