Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Female · Age 59

Dr. Prewitt

Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Dallas, TX and has been practicing for 30 years. She graduated from University Of Texas-Houston McGovern Medical School in 1989 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Make an appointment

Dr. Prewitt accepts

Dr. Prewitt accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Prewitt's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Breast Pain
  • Cervicitis
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Look Better, Feel Better, Optimize Your Health!

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

43.82022471910113%

Dr. Prewitt?
Dr. Prewitt's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD
I’m a retired nurse with over 35 years experience and I have never encountered such profound unprofessionalism and lack of standard of practice until I went to see Maryann Prewitt. I really hesitate to call her doctor as she barely laid a hand on me. She gave me a perfunctory breast feel, it wasn’t an exam, she never even looked at my breasts! Normally a GYN looks at the breast to be sure there isn’t nipple discharge, they check to see if there isn’t orange peel tissue, asymmetry, inverted nippl
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
She is the best obgyn I have been to. I am 55 years old and I trust her. I have moved so I didn't see her for my last pap. My insurance has changed, but I definately need to consult her. She gives the most thorough paps. She is also very compassionate and warm.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I saw Dr Preweitt for 3 years. At first everything was great- quickest appointment ever and I liked that she sits down and talks to you afterwards. The past 2 times I've gone she has pushed products on me and then when I received a call with test results she hurried me off the phone and I had to make an appointment if I wanted to talk to her more about the results (which ok I get). Then at my appointment I felt rushed and she again pushed products on me which is why I stopped seeing her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I had a really good informative appointment and it was on a Saturday! She always has research to back it up any diagnosis. My husband will be going for testosterone treatments. To the people saying she is misdiagnosing thyroid issues that is totally wrong! Most GP’s and other Doctors are putting patients in a range that may or may not be “ normal” for each person. I go to a Dr for my health not to make a friend. She always gives it to me straight. That is why I trust her and will continue to go.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Major issues I have with her practice: 1. she sells you the treatment (aka nutraceuticals) for whatever she diagnosis you with and literally generates customers for her vitamin/spa products. 2. She does blood work, but ignores the results and recommends her treatment anyway. For example, my TSH was 2.5, (normal range .4-4.5) and she still wanted to prescribe thyroid medication for hypothyroidism and start me on 5 different nutraceuticals, without even asking me about symptoms, etc.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I was very pleased with Dr. Prewitt's recommendations for helping me manage my fatigue. After 2 months I have a lot more energy and my mood is more positive.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Dr. Prewitt and her staff are personable and knowledgeable. Dr. Prewitt is current in best practices in patient quality care. She treats the "whole person". I appreciate her candid approach and honesty. Dr. Prewitt and her staff are essential to my goal of maintaining my health and vitality as I age.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Dr. Prewitt never fails to surprise me with her level of care. She is thorough and very passionate about what she does. You can instantly tell she loves her patients. I've been to many other doctors before and never have I received the level of care and expertise Dr. Prewitt provides. I absolutely love Dr. Prewitt!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
It seemed like a life time of trial & error, a few almost successes and a mountain of failures, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Maryann Prewitt. The consultation, clinical evaluation, & labs were my first steps on a path to health awareness and developing a well body. Dr. Prewitt gave me the valid results of consistent weight control and weight loss. A Balanced nutraceutical based regimen is key to achieving the confidence to show a before & after photos of me. In Short What She Does Works!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Dr. Maryann Prewitt has been my physician for the last 30 years. The health wellness service that she provides is of the utmost excellence. She is a caring and kind professional who makes everyone feel welcome. I have had several procedures done by Dr. Pruitt and her medical expertise and wisdom were a success. Dr. Pruitt is extremely knowledgeable & sensitive and gives all her patients the medical care with a compassionate heart. I wish to express my since heartfelt appreciation. MBaker
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I've never met a physician like Dr. Prewitt. I've never been to a medical office like Dr. Prewitt's. I've never been cared for by so many uplifting people like at Dr. Prewitt's. At almost 70 years old and male, she and her team have helped me feel better, look better and optimized my health. My health and appearance has been so transformed that my brother now flys to Dallas from San Francisco because he has chosen her to be his doctor too. Dr. Prewitt you are a godsend...THANK YOU!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I have been extremely with the quality of the staff and the knowledge of Dr. Prewitt. What she does is focused and patient centric. This is where you go when you want special attention and treatments that exceed those offered by others. It's a bonus to also be an extremely pleasant and state of the art environment!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I initially saw Dr. Prewitt for my annual visit. She was friendly and listened to my concerns and explained all my options clearly. She is progressive and innovative and up to date on current research. My labs came back a couple of days after my visit. She met with me and went over the results and created a comprehensive treatment plan. It was very easy to schedule appointments and wait times were minimal. She has made such an impact on my life that my husband, parents and sister also see her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Dr. Prewitt is an extraordinary doctor who truly cares about her patients. Not only does she care about your health, but she also cares about your lifestyle. Any questions you may have, rest assure she will answer them all. Not only is she my gynecologist but my PCP as well, AWESOME! She truly believes in optimizing one's health. If you're ready to make a change in your lifestyle, Dr. Prewitt is the physician you want to see.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Dr.Prewitt is probably the most loving, caring Dr I've ever met. She wants to make sure your needs are satisfied and make sure your in love with your results in the end. If you think she's only a gynecologist then your in for a surprise and also has an AMAZING med spa that will help you reach your goals and not let me forget her medical staff is SUPER friendly and generous. If you haven't visited Dr.Prewitt's office yet then your at the wrong office. I LOVE HER!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
It's refreshing to have found a practitioner that focuses on fixing the root cause of problems instead of the bandaid approach. Dr. Prewitt is progressive in her approach and is up to date on best practices. I love that!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Prewitt's for more than 10 years and have been consistently touched by her genuine concern for my well-being. In addition, she keeps abreast of the latest health research and technologies so I know I am getting the best and most current care possible. For that reason, she is not only my gynecologist but now also my GP. Her new wellness clinic is amazing!!! The facilities are futuristic and the staff is so friendly and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
For a simple pap I was in this awful place for 1 1/2 hours. The doctor actually told me I waited so long on the exam table because they received a delivery. Really? Also, the doctor has absolutely no bedside manner. I felt like a number. After I refused blood work because I had done some recently she made me feel like I did something wrong. I felt like she just wanted to sell me her other services/products. Don't go here!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
OMG!!!! I fell in love with this Dr the moment I stepped in. Online booking was so easy & hassle free and her hours fit anyone's schedule. The staff are super friendly & helpful. Dr. Maryann is WONDERFUL she takes time to listen to your concerns & offers the best advice!! She makes you feel comfortable to talk about your personal concerns, takes her time with you & addresses your needs..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Took them almost a month to contact me about lab results. She's not the most open, talkative Dr. she doesn't inform the patient much about her findings, nor did she give me a copy of my pap, for personal records. I wouldn't be returning. Only went here because she had an open schedule, and I soon found out why.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Prewitt?