Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD

Dr. Prewitt
Telehealth services available

Health Care for Women PA

4514 Cole Ave Ste 101 Dallas, TX 75205

Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD is a Gynecology Specialist in Dallas, TX and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of Texas- Houston McGovern Medical School medical school in 1989. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Prewitt to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Gynecology Specialists in your area

• Offers Telehealth

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Prewitt's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Cervicitis
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Dr. Prewitt accepts

Dr. Prewitt accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

4.123711340206185%
4.123711340206185%
46.391752577319586%

Dr. Prewitt?
  • Office environment (65)
  • Appointment scheduling (57)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (25)
  • Office environment (15)
I love Dr. Prewitt. She uses her background in biochemistry to make recommendations and explain them to her patients. Much of her recommendations have come in the form of supplements from her office, which are very reasonably priced and have drastically improved my lab results, especially my Vitamin D deficiency that no prior doctor was able to fix, including prescribing me high dosage Vitamin D pills. I also experienced my hair growing back, and she eliminated the possibility of PCOS through blood work and has put me on progesterone (at the age of 35), because I was having some issues with lower levels that were causing some of the hair loss, acne, insomnia, and other issues I was experiencing. I've noticed an immediate difference in my ability to sleep - nothing drastic, but I'm able to wind down and actually sleep through the night instead of fighting it. I highly recommend Dr. Prewitt to friends and family.
Jul 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I am a former professional athlete, former lawyer and now am a senior professional at a large financial firm in Dallas. I’ve been around fitness, health and medical providers my entire life and interacting with doctors from most disciplines. For anyone reading this, Maryann Prewitt was/is the most unprofessional doctor by far I have ever been in contact with on any level. Unprofessional and not the right temperament to be trusted providing procedures of the kind she is marketing herself to provide, at least not of high quality. I am telling you, caveat emptor on this on (buyer beware). Do your own research but life is too short, and there are so many other competent doctors in the Dallas area to choose from.
Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
PATIENTS BEWARE! On your first visit Dr. Pruitt seems like a great doc. But it’s all downhill from there. She is a narcissist she is rude she cares more about selling you her products or spa services than your health. She loves to tell you how healthy she is and how great she looks. She was my doctor for years and then she just lost it. Please please take my advice - DO NOT SEE THIS WOMAN!!!
Stay away – Dec 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Very disappointed. First visit I provide all my medical history details, she did not even care or ask for details. She ask ME , the patient what labs I needed? Really! In the first Women Yearly she did not recommended to ck all about my past surgery. Second visit, did labs and told me I required lots of vitamins!! But guess what, she sells those vitamins. She told me lack of vitamins was the cause of my issue. no followed up and send me medicine to go to the bathroom. She was more focused on selling me those vitamins so I can look young as she said she looks. I just went to another doctor and all my vitamins are good! and yes, my intestine is working fine, I don't need that medication she prescribed me! She should concentrate in selling their vitamins or her beauty clinic but never recommend as a gynecologist. worst gyn i have seen.
Very disappointing patient – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Dr. Prewitt changed my life! I decided back in March to seek out a functional medicine doc and Dr. Prewitt was recommended. I had turned 43 and had a baby 2 years before and just wanted to do a checkin on my health. Dr. Prewitt recommended we do some blood work, and she discovered I had low thyroid, T3, and testosterone. She started me on the supplements she sells in the office, which have been a wonderful upgrade from the Whole Foods versions I was taking. She also gave me thyroid meds which have helped tremendously. I thought I was just carrying a few extra pounds from the baby, but turns out it was my thyroid. I also just did the BioT testosterone pellets. I go back every 3 months for bloodwork and I received my latest results and am floored at how Dr. Prewitt was able to turn my health around. My thyroid, T3 and testosterone levels are normal again and I feel great! Dr. Prewitt and her staff are very kind and approachable. Her office is beautiful. Making appointments is easy too!
Jessica East – Oct 03, 2019
Unethical, and unprofessional.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I was not given the results of my annual until a year later. My appointment was in May. I called the Dr office about 2 months later to request an update. I received 2 calls back (within in a minute of each other) in October, stating “This is Dr. Pruitt, give me a call back.” I tried to call back and did not get through to the Dr. (note I now live in CA and there is a time difference so I likely left a message) when calling to cancel an automated appointment that was set up, I was finally put through to the Dr today - one year later. I do not think that calling only 2 times 5 months later is due diligence for a doctor. Would not recommend.
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
the worse in every way you can imagine, her staff is lazy and she is a crook and i am looking for who i need to report her to ! if i could give -100 stars i would
May 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I’m a retired nurse with over 35 years experience and I have never encountered such profound unprofessionalism and lack of standard of practice until I went to see Maryann Prewitt. I really hesitate to call her doctor as she barely laid a hand on me. She gave me a perfunctory breast feel, it wasn’t an exam, she never even looked at my breasts! Normally a GYN looks at the breast to be sure there isn’t nipple discharge, they check to see if there isn’t orange peel tissue, asymmetry, inverted nippl
TX – Feb 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
She is the best obgyn I have been to. I am 55 years old and I trust her. I have moved so I didn't see her for my last pap. My insurance has changed, but I definately need to consult her. She gives the most thorough paps. She is also very compassionate and warm.
Janine simms in Wataugs, TX – Dec 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I saw Dr Preweitt for 3 years. At first everything was great- quickest appointment ever and I liked that she sits down and talks to you afterwards. The past 2 times I've gone she has pushed products on me and then when I received a call with test results she hurried me off the phone and I had to make an appointment if I wanted to talk to her more about the results (which ok I get). Then at my appointment I felt rushed and she again pushed products on me which is why I stopped seeing her.
Dallas, TX – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I had a really good informative appointment and it was on a Saturday! She always has research to back it up any diagnosis. My husband will be going for testosterone treatments. To the people saying she is misdiagnosing thyroid issues that is totally wrong! Most GP’s and other Doctors are putting patients in a range that may or may not be “ normal” for each person. I go to a Dr for my health not to make a friend. She always gives it to me straight. That is why I trust her and will continue to go.
L Moore in Plano , TX – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Major issues I have with her practice: 1. she sells you the treatment (aka nutraceuticals) for whatever she diagnosis you with and literally generates customers for her vitamin/spa products. 2. She does blood work, but ignores the results and recommends her treatment anyway. For example, my TSH was 2.5, (normal range .4-4.5) and she still wanted to prescribe thyroid medication for hypothyroidism and start me on 5 different nutraceuticals, without even asking me about symptoms, etc.
Ruston – Oct 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I was very pleased with Dr. Prewitt's recommendations for helping me manage my fatigue. After 2 months I have a lot more energy and my mood is more positive.
Plano, TX – Aug 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Dr. Prewitt and her staff are personable and knowledgeable. Dr. Prewitt is current in best practices in patient quality care. She treats the "whole person". I appreciate her candid approach and honesty. Dr. Prewitt and her staff are essential to my goal of maintaining my health and vitality as I age.
Plano, TX – Jul 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Dr. Prewitt never fails to surprise me with her level of care. She is thorough and very passionate about what she does. You can instantly tell she loves her patients. I've been to many other doctors before and never have I received the level of care and expertise Dr. Prewitt provides. I absolutely love Dr. Prewitt!
Sara S. in Dallas, TX – Jul 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
It seemed like a life time of trial & error, a few almost successes and a mountain of failures, I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Maryann Prewitt. The consultation, clinical evaluation, & labs were my first steps on a path to health awareness and developing a well body. Dr. Prewitt gave me the valid results of consistent weight control and weight loss. A Balanced nutraceutical based regimen is key to achieving the confidence to show a before & after photos of me. In Short What She Does Works!
Jan Lafay in Arlington, TX – Jul 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
Dr. Maryann Prewitt has been my physician for the last 30 years. The health wellness service that she provides is of the utmost excellence. She is a caring and kind professional who makes everyone feel welcome. I have had several procedures done by Dr. Pruitt and her medical expertise and wisdom were a success. Dr. Pruitt is extremely knowledgeable & sensitive and gives all her patients the medical care with a compassionate heart. I wish to express my since heartfelt appreciation. MBaker
Martha Baker in The Colony, TX – Jul 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I've never met a physician like Dr. Prewitt. I've never been to a medical office like Dr. Prewitt's. I've never been cared for by so many uplifting people like at Dr. Prewitt's. At almost 70 years old and male, she and her team have helped me feel better, look better and optimized my health. My health and appearance has been so transformed that my brother now flys to Dallas from San Francisco because he has chosen her to be his doctor too. Dr. Prewitt you are a godsend...THANK YOU!!!
Lee in Dallas, TX – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?
I have been extremely with the quality of the staff and the knowledge of Dr. Prewitt. What she does is focused and patient centric. This is where you go when you want special attention and treatments that exceed those offered by others. It's a bonus to also be an extremely pleasant and state of the art environment!
Gary T in Oakland, CA – Jun 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maryann Prewitt, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Prewitt?

Look Better, Feel Better, Optimize Your Health!

Dr. Maryann Prewitt is a board-certified gynecologist and functional medicine doctor at HealthWellnessMD, skinFIT Med Spa, and bodyFIT in Dallas, Texas....Read more

• Gynecology