Dr. Mary Wilde, MD

General Surgery | Female

Dr. Mary Wilde, MD
Dr. Mary Wilde, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in La Jolla, CA. She is 62 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Wilde is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.

Dr. Wilde's Experience

See how Dr. Wilde's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Wilde

Dr. Wilde accepts 15 insurance carriers

Dr. Wilde is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Wilde has admitting privileges.

Dr. Wilde's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wilde to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Wilde's Performance
Chula Vista, CA |
I have to agree with the other patients. From what I have read, her office staff are not the most pleasant and she can be down right rude, unfortunately I would have to agree just the fact that you have to visit a breast specialist, its already a sensitive matter but then when get a provider with very little to no bedside manners made my experience even worse. I am going for a second opinion. I would never ever recommend her to anyone I know and it's sad because she has a great background!
Glendale, CA |
Awful doctor. Also lied it her medical report. Said she examined me. Never did. Awful person as well.
in San Diego, CA |
First of all, Dr. Wilde absolutely does not care about you as a patient. She is far too busy and interested in getting more patients to truly care about the ones she has. If you have complications after your breast cancer surgery, which my mother did and very severe, she completely turns her back on you. I urge anyone who is considering her to think about it very carefully. Her staff is incompetent and flighty and Dr. Wilde herself is entitled, abrupt, and truly incompetent.
Alpine, CA |
Excellent experience. Dr Wilde has an amazing team of Dr and support staff who made my experience with Breast Cancer very postive. She doesnt hold back she tells you exactly how it is, but worked with me as we determined the best care for my situation. I am grateful to her and her team for the incredible care I received. I highly recommend her.
in La Jolla, CA |
Dr. Wilde was highly recommended to help me with breast cancer, and I felt positive about the situation talking with other doctors until I met her. She briefly described the issue and made an executive decision to treat it w/o listening to me ( probably because she was already late for the next patient). She didn't have enough data to do that. I called my oncologist to let her know that I wasn't feeling comfortable with Dr. Wilde's way to deal with my case. I found another surgeon.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Wilde is a highly recommended breast surgeon, and I have no complaints whatsoever about the quality of her work. But visiting her office is difficult. I have waited at least one hour for each appointment, and I could not complete my aftercare with Dr. Wilde, because of the wait time and chronic lateness. She is very matter of fact, and has little bedside manner. Yes, a skilled surgeon, but I would not recommend her to future patients.
San Diego, CA |
she doesn't remember what was said at last appointment and doesn't check her notes before seeing her. Wait has been between 90 minutes to 4 hours.
in Encinitas, CA |
Dr. Wilde left cancer inside of me, writing in her surgical report that the extensive cancer in my nodes was unresectable and telling my husband to prepare to raise the children alone. Prior to surgery, I thought she was wonderful -- smart and with a warm bedside manner. After surgery she became a different person -- evasive, defensive and disengaged. Fortunately, a doctor in L.A. was able to remove the remaining cancer and I am still alive today -- no thanks to Dr. Wilde.
Have you seen Dr. Mary Wilde, MD?
Are you Dr. Wilde?

Compare Dr. Wilde

Dr. Wilde's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Hernia
  • Lipomas
  • Lung Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Ventral Hernia

Univ Of Ca

Graduated in 1984

Beth Israel Deaconess Hp M C

Dr. Wilde does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wilde and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery