Dr. Mary F. Vanko, MD

Dr. Mary F. Vanko, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

Women's Care Associates, PC Merrillville, Indiana 280 E 90th Dr Side 2, Merrillville, IN 46410 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Vanko's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Vanko's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vanko

Dr. Vanko accepts 38 insurance carriers

38 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Vanko has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Vanko

Dr. Vanko's Review Details
3.3 based on 67 responses
Experience with Dr. Vanko
Dr. Vanko's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (61)
Dr. Mary F. Vanko, MD says

My patients thank me in person every day and they thank me the most by sending in their families, girlfriends and neighbors. It would me nice if they would go online but most don't. I see thousands of satisfied patients yearly, many  of whom  have followed me through transitions when I've worked for other physicians over the last 25 years.

I am always interested in improving your experience and consider criticism constructive. I have a registered nurse, Annie. who serves as an office manager. You can relay your concerns to either of us.

in Valparaiso, IN |
A friend gave me Dr. Vanko's name 14 years ago when I was looking for a new OB/GYN. I recommend Dr. Vanko to anyone who asks. Her knowledge of prescriptions and new procedures proves to me that she continues her education to serve her patients the best way possible. She is straight forward and tells you exactly what is happening. I am a complicated patient with many health issues and she takes her time to make sure her treatment choices won't affect me negatively, and for that I am very thankful
in Crown Point, IN |
I have been with Dr. Vanko for 5 years. I feel very comfortable with her. She gets right down to the problem and solves it. I give her a thumbs up. The office staff is great, helpful and funny.
Crown Point, IN |
Very informative. Problem solved !!!!!
in Cedar Lake |
I have been a patient of Dr. Vanko for many years. I love her! She is a great doctor and person. She always takes time with me during my visit and explains everything thoroughly. I have 3 healthy boys via c-section all with out issue. She is a knowledgeable Doctor not only in Obgyn but also primary care. Her office staff is extremely friendly and always tries to accommodate my schedule.
in Crown Point |
I am sooo glad I went to Dr. Vanco. She helped me get the right help, and after many years of trying I was able to become pregnant. Dr. Vanco seemed genuinely concerned about my case and always took the time t answer questions and offer guidance. She was overjoyed when she found out I was pregnant. I had to have a C-section and she did a beautiful job with the stitching. Love her!!!
in Valparaiso, IN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Vanko for 10+ years. I started seeing her before I even got married. I now have 3 children, all of whom she delivered. She always takes the time to listen to my concerns / questions, and is always very thorough in her answers / explanations. I think she is a wonderful Dr. and I would highly recommend her to others.
in Cedar lake,Indiana |
She is very unprofessional.Im 7 months pregnant and having bad Braxton hicks contractions that shouldn't be the way they are and she said the pain is in my head and then she decided to get a psychologist involved when I told her that it was unnecessary
in Cedar Lake |
Knowledgable and courteous. Took her time and when above and beyond to help me not only achieve pregnancy, but also helped me to become more proactive about my health. She's a great doctor and a wonderful person
Told me I wouldn't be able to carry a child to full term. Was also told I wouldn't be able to get pregnant with out medication. I now have a beautiful baby girl and had absolutely no complications during pregnancy. Also told me I couldn't deliver at south lake due to being overweight. Had a perfectly routine csection no complications.
in Hammond, IN |
First time with doctor last week, she was really great! I would recommend her to my girlfriends!
in indiana |
I have been a pt of Dr Vankos for 7 years she has delivered my daughter and also I just recently had a surgery performed by her. I would definently recommend her. She is very well educated, explains everything thoroughly and answers any questions you have. Office staff is excellent. Never have to wait long to get an appointment or sit in waiting room!
in Merrillville, IN |
Dr Vanko and her staff made me feel quite welcome - they are awesome!
in Highland, IN |
good
Have you seen Dr. Mary F. Vanko, MD?

Compare Dr. Vanko

• Women's Health Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Vanko's Board Certifications

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Vanko says..

I  trained at the University of Illinois Hospital in an era when I  learned  a skill set that most physicians could not obtain. My Cesarean rates are low because I can deliver twins vaginally, do breech extractions,  rotate posterior presentations, and use technology to help effect a vaginal delivery. I have delivery skills that I use daily I remember how tired I was as a new mom. Imagine having to have an unnecessary Cesarean section! I still do OB because I enjoy taking care of pregnant women and guiding them through the process.

I also an an expert vaginal surgeon and do most surgeries vaginally and have a special interest in pelvic floor prolapse and incontinence. The recovery period from a vaginal hysterectomy is the easiest and shortest.  I also do minimally invasive alternatives to hysterectomy.

I stay up to date on the newest data, go to ACOG courses annually and remain board certified. Part of why I continue to work as an OB GYN is the varied challenges that I face every day.  There is never a dull day or night in my life!

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Gestational Hypertension
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Incontinence
  • Infertility
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Vulvodynia
  • Weight Loss
  • Yeast Infections

Dr. Vanko says..

I have delivered thousands of patients and have consistently low cesarean section rates due to special training in obstetrics. My goal is  healthy mom and baby delivered vaginally.

I  use minimally invasive  techniques  in gynecologic surgery and trained under the laproscopic and vaginal surgery experts at University of Illinois and Michael Reese Hospitals. I have a special interest in incontinence and the pelvic floor.  I have  done thousands of vaginal surgeries, slings, hysterectomies and pelvic floor reconstructions. I do attend annual national meetings to learn the latest techniques.

My office is able to provide cost efficent care and we do ultrasounds, as well as many procedures as  ablations, hysteroscopy, Essure, colposcopy and Leep, biopsies, IUD, Nextplanon as well as needed immunizations.

I stay up to date in primary care and follow the guidelines of the American College of Physicians to provide primary care  and medical weight loss to our patients.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Hysterectomy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Ultrasound, Transvaginal
  • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
  • Uterine Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vulvectomy
  • Weight Maintenance
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Indiana.

University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago

• Other Education
    Chicago Public Schools Master Teacher 1975-1983

Moraine Valley College Instructor 1975-1980

Completed in 1975

Northeastern Illinois University Administation Certification Program, Masters Plus 36

Completed in 1980

• University of Illinois James Scholar, 1967-1970
    • Mom is GettingOlder, 5/9/2004
    • Womens Health, 1997
    • Tort Reform, Lack of Good Samaritan Coverage in Indiana Hospitals, 1997

Dr. Vanko does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vanko and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Vanko's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Vanko

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Vanko's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Vanko

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Vanko's Care Philosophy

My patients are active participants in their healthcare.I provide personalized healthcare throughout a woman's life,and also provide complete OBGYN care including delivery services as well as primary care services for women. Preventative services are necessary for good health. Our office also provides medically supervised weight loss services. As a trained surgeon, when a patient needs surgery, I provide the most up to date minimally invasive techniques and use the newest technology to acheive the best outcomes. My training in vaginal surgery allows me to offer you many other options that other physicians will not discuss. Generally vaginal surgery offers the quickest recovery.Most importantly you can count on me to offer you all the options available to you.You have the right to know what your problem is and all of the treatments, including medical treatment, interventional radiology,as well as surgical treatment.