Dr. Mary F. Vanko, MD

Dr. Mary F. Vanko, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

Women's Care Associates, PC Merrillville, Indiana 280 E 90th Dr Side 2, Merrillville, IN 46410 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

My patients are active participants in their healthcare.I provide personalized healthcare throughout a woman's life,and also provide complete OBGYN care including delivery services as well as primary care services for women. Preventative services are necessary for good health. Our office also provides medically supervised weight loss services. As a trained surgeon, when a patient needs surgery, I provide the most up to date minimally invasive techniques and use the newest technology to acheive the best outcomes. My training in vaginal surgery allows me to offer you many other options that other physicians will not discuss. Generally vaginal surgery offers the quickest recovery.Most importantly you can count on me to offer you all the options available to you.You have the right to know what your problem is and all of the treatments, including medical treatment, interventional radiology,as well as surgical treatment.Read more

Dr. Vanko's Experience

See how Dr. Vanko's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Vanko

Dr. Vanko accepts 38 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Vanko has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Vanko's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vanko to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Vanko
Dr. Vanko's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (61)
Dr. Vanko Says:

My patients thank me in person every day and they thank me the most by sending in their families, girlfriends and neighbors. It would me nice if they would go online but most don't. I see thousands of satisfied patients yearly, many  of whom  have followed me through transitions when I've worked for other physicians over the last 25 years.

I am always interested in improving your...

in Valparaiso, IN |
A friend gave me Dr. Vanko's name 14 years ago when I was looking for a new OB/GYN. I recommend Dr. Vanko to anyone who asks. Her knowledge of prescriptions and new procedures proves to me that she continues her education to serve her patients the best way possible. She is straight forward and tells you exactly what is happening. I am a complicated patient with many health issues and she takes her time to make sure her treatment choices won't affect me negatively, and for that I am very thankful
in Crown Point, IN |
I have been with Dr. Vanko for 5 years. I feel very comfortable with her. She gets right down to the problem and solves it. I give her a thumbs up. The office staff is great, helpful and funny.
Crown Point, IN |
Very informative. Problem solved !!!!!
in Cedar Lake |
I have been a patient of Dr. Vanko for many years. I love her! She is a great doctor and person. She always takes time with me during my visit and explains everything thoroughly. I have 3 healthy boys via c-section all with out issue. She is a knowledgeable Doctor not only in Obgyn but also primary care. Her office staff is extremely friendly and always tries to accommodate my schedule.
in Crown Point |
I am sooo glad I went to Dr. Vanco. She helped me get the right help, and after many years of trying I was able to become pregnant. Dr. Vanco seemed genuinely concerned about my case and always took the time t answer questions and offer guidance. She was overjoyed when she found out I was pregnant. I had to have a C-section and she did a beautiful job with the stitching. Love her!!!
in Valparaiso, IN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Vanko for 10+ years. I started seeing her before I even got married. I now have 3 children, all of whom she delivered. She always takes the time to listen to my concerns / questions, and is always very thorough in her answers / explanations. I think she is a wonderful Dr. and I would highly recommend her to others.
in Cedar lake,Indiana |
She is very unprofessional.Im 7 months pregnant and having bad Braxton hicks contractions that shouldn't be the way they are and she said the pain is in my head and then she decided to get a psychologist involved when I told her that it was unnecessary
in Cedar Lake |
Knowledgable and courteous. Took her time and when above and beyond to help me not only achieve pregnancy, but also helped me to become more proactive about my health. She's a great doctor and a wonderful person
Told me I wouldn't be able to carry a child to full term. Was also told I wouldn't be able to get pregnant with out medication. I now have a beautiful baby girl and had absolutely no complications during pregnancy. Also told me I couldn't deliver at south lake due to being overweight. Had a perfectly routine csection no complications.
in Hammond, IN |
First time with doctor last week, she was really great! I would recommend her to my girlfriends!
in indiana |
I have been a pt of Dr Vankos for 7 years she has delivered my daughter and also I just recently had a surgery performed by her. I would definently recommend her. She is very well educated, explains everything thoroughly and answers any questions you have. Office staff is excellent. Never have to wait long to get an appointment or sit in waiting room!
in Merrillville, IN |
Dr Vanko and her staff made me feel quite welcome - they are awesome!
in Highland, IN |
Have you seen Dr. Mary F. Vanko, MD?
Are you Dr. Vanko?