Dr. Mary Tilak, MD

Dr. Mary Tilak, MD

Internal Medicine | Female | 43 years old

34 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

We pride ourselves as caring and compassionate teachers and health care providers. We believe in empowering our patients with the knowledge of good nutritional behaviors and healthy lifestyles to conquer their medical problems.Read more

Dr. Tilak's Experience

See how Dr. Tilak's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Tilak

Dr. Tilak accepts 34 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Tilak has admitting privileges.

Dr. Tilak's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tilak to family and friends
3.6
Experience with Dr. Tilak
Dr. Tilak's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (29)
in Hammond, In. |
I have been a patient of Dr. Tilaks' for quite a while now. She is most excellent. The staff that checks you in is terrific. Let me state I only go to the Highland Office. Okay, then we have PA Elizabeth Case. If you find out this is who you are seeing, reschedule! Case never hears a word you say. Her intent is to get you in and out within seconds-if possible. She will talk right over you. If Dr. Tilak were to get rid of her, her patients would be much better off, I promise! Answers=Tilak below.
Tulsa, OK |
After 12.5 years of being a patient of Dr. Tilak I have moved to OK. and asked (by phone on Dec. 8) to send my medical records to me so I could find a Dr. in Tulsa, I was told it would be a couple of weeks and they would contact me... it is now Jan. 19th and haven't heard from them. I'm now out of prescriptions. I don't believe Dr. Tilak knows what goes on with her staff any more; the last appointment I had with a nurse practitioner was charged out 272.00 instead $90-no answer on that either
in Schererville, IN |
It is difficult to provide a recommendation for Dr. Tilak. As a new patient referred to Dr. Tilak by another doctor, when I made my appt. and upon arrival I saw her associate and not her, no explanation was provided. Although Dr. Rodriguez is very knowledgeable, professional and personable, the fact still remains that my appt. was made for Dr. Tilak who I have yet to see. If I wanted another doctor or to be handed off to a nurse practitioner I would have made my appointments with that person.
in Griffith. Ind. |
Even when you make an appointment with her, you have to see a nurse practitioner and not the Dr. I find this very distressing! I think I have had 2-3 appointments in the past year & have not seen the Dr once, even though I specifically made an appointment with the doctor!
in Lansing, IL |
Dr. Tilak seems to be very knowledgeable and checks you for everything. The only problem is that is that she is so busy you most of the time see her registered nurses even if you request Tikal. Her registered nurses are not as knowledgeable and have to double check with her which could be inconvenient.
in Whiting, IN |
12/28/15 I was so relieved and excited about changing from Franciscan/Hammond Clinic doctors to Dr. Tilak. However based upon my experiences today, I am very confused & frustrated. Trying to schedule a MRI has been a series of 10+ phone calls and still I have gotten no where. Being told the fault is my insurance does not help either. Right now, not sure I have made a good decision to change doctors. And I have yet to even meet Dr. Tilak. Concerned, K. Martinez
Have you seen Dr. Mary Tilak, MD?
Are you Dr. Tilak?

Compare Dr. Tilak

Dr. Tilak's Care Philosophy

Dr. Tilak's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Tilak has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Tilak's Board Certifications

• Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression

Michael Reese Hospital

Completed in 2001

Dr M.G.R. University / Coimbatore Medical College

Graduated in 1996

Dr. Tilak does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tilak and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Bariatric Medicine