Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Mary Tilak, MD
Dr. Mary Tilak, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Highland, IN. She is 44 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Tilak is affiliated with Community Hospital.

Mary Tilak MD

• Health Net
  • HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup

Learn about Dr. Tilak

We pride ourselves as caring and compassionate teachers and health care providers. We believe in empowering our patients with the knowledge of good nutritional behaviors and healthy lifestyles to conquer their medical problems.

Dr. Tilak's Experience

Dr. Tilak's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

• Bariatric Medicine
  • Clinical Lipidology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression

• Pap Smear
  • Physical Examination
  • Spirometry
  • Vaccination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Dr M.G.R. University / Coimbatore Medical College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • Madras Medical College, Tamil Nadu Dr Mgr Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • Michael Reese/Cook Co
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • Michael Reese Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Tilak has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tilak does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tilak and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tilak's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tilak to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Tilak's Performance
Gary |
Doctor seldom seen. Nurse practitioners only for the most even when scheduled to see Dr. Tilak. They have to check in with her frequently when they see you. From day one Dr TIlak very confrontational and has little empathy seem to look down on you. Speaks loudly and with attitude towards you especially when hospitalized speaks loudly berating you when you can least defend yourself . Tells you really nothing about your condition and will not take time to talk to you as a person. Money # One.
Hammond, IN |
Dr is very good dr. The problem is her staff. You always get a voice message. There should be persons constantly answering phones. Her front desk could have a better personality. Never pleasant. Your loosing patient because of your phone and unpleasant staff
Munster, IN |
Dr Tilak is an extremely uncaring and unkind doctor. She likes to order test after test (money) and drag out treatments to the point I switched doctors and had my procedure within two weeks. She dresses very unprofessionally (unless your a call girl) and treats people like they are below her. I would never recommend her.
Chicago, IL |
Very poor front staff! Waiting time is very long!!!
in Munster, IN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Tilak for several years. I feel she is very caring and takes time to listen to you. I had seen LPN Katie Kozub for several years. Last year she left this practice and I began seeing Elizabeth Case. I read a previous review which strongly criticized Elizabeth. I couldn't disagree more. I find her to be understanding, knowledgeable and more than willing to take all the time you need during your visit. She also has a way of making you feel very comfortable.
in Crown Point, IN |
I feel that Dr. Tilak and her staff are outstanding. They are truly caring of my wife and my needs. Keep up the excellent work!
schererville, in |
You never get to see the Dr. She has nurse practioners see you.
in Valparaiso, Indiana |
Amazing in every way! She's brilliant! To say she cares is an understatement. You won't receive better care I assure you.
in Hammond, In. |
I have been a patient of Dr. Tilaks' for quite a while now. She is most excellent. The staff that checks you in is terrific. Let me state I only go to the Highland Office. Okay, then we have PA Elizabeth Case. If you find out this is who you are seeing, reschedule! Case never hears a word you say. Her intent is to get you in and out within seconds-if possible. She will talk right over you. If Dr. Tilak were to get rid of her, her patients would be much better off, I promise! Answers=Tilak below.
Tulsa, OK |
After 12.5 years of being a patient of Dr. Tilak I have moved to OK. and asked (by phone on Dec. 8) to send my medical records to me so I could find a Dr. in Tulsa, I was told it would be a couple of weeks and they would contact me... it is now Jan. 19th and haven't heard from them. I'm now out of prescriptions. I don't believe Dr. Tilak knows what goes on with her staff any more; the last appointment I had with a nurse practitioner was charged out 272.00 instead $90-no answer on that either
in Schererville, IN |
It is difficult to provide a recommendation for Dr. Tilak. As a new patient referred to Dr. Tilak by another doctor, when I made my appt. and upon arrival I saw her associate and not her, no explanation was provided. Although Dr. Rodriguez is very knowledgeable, professional and personable, the fact still remains that my appt. was made for Dr. Tilak who I have yet to see. If I wanted another doctor or to be handed off to a nurse practitioner I would have made my appointments with that person.
in Lansing, IL |
Dr. Tilak seems to be very knowledgeable and checks you for everything. The only problem is that is that she is so busy you most of the time see her registered nurses even if you request Tikal. Her registered nurses are not as knowledgeable and have to double check with her which could be inconvenient.
in Whiting, IN |
12/28/15 I was so relieved and excited about changing from Franciscan/Hammond Clinic doctors to Dr. Tilak. However based upon my experiences today, I am very confused & frustrated. Trying to schedule a MRI has been a series of 10+ phone calls and still I have gotten no where. Being told the fault is my insurance does not help either. Right now, not sure I have made a good decision to change doctors. And I have yet to even meet Dr. Tilak. Concerned, K. Martinez
Have you seen Dr. Mary Tilak, MD?
Are you Dr. Tilak?