Dr. Mary Scanlon, DO

Dr. Mary Scanlon, DO

Family Medicine  |

Dr. Mary Scanlon, DO is a family medicine doctor who practices in Lake Worth, FL. She is 49 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Scanlon is affiliated with JFK Medical Center North Campus and JFK Medical Center.

Dr Simon and Dr Scanlon's Office

101 N Federal Hwy

Lake Worth, FL 33460

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Sunshine Health

Learn about Dr. Scanlon

Dr. Scanlon's Experience

Dr. Scanlon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

This content was provided by Dr. Scanlon "Dr. Mary Scanlon is a Family Practitioner whose practice is designed to deliver personal comprehensive and continuous care for you and your family. I am dedicated to treating the individual as a "whole" person, attending to the emotional and psycho-social needs as well as the physical. I believe in and encourage the individual's participation in their medical care. I believe that all patients are entitled to respect and compassion from the physician and staff. I believe that the patient/physician relationship is a partnership and is best accomplished by ongoing care from one physician or a physician/extender team. I believe that the patient deserves to receive "value" in their medical care. ."

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Acidosis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Pharyngitis
  • Bedsores
  • Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cellulitis
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Common Cold
  • Constipation
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Cough
  • Cystic Fibrosis
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dehydration
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Emphysema
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gout
  • Hyperkalemia
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Otitis Media
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Throat Pain
  • Thrombosis
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

• Boston College Master Of Education
    Other Education | Completed 1994
  • Boston College Masters Of Genetics
    Other Education | Completed 1993

Dr. Scanlon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Scanlon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scanlon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

JFK Medical Center North Campus

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Scanlon is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Scanlon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Scanlon to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Scanlon's Performance
in Boynton Beach |
Dr. Scanlon is a true life saver. I have Lupus, RA, and other issues. She is so kind and considerate. She takes time and listens to YOU. She works very well with my Rheumatologist.. My husband and I could not ask for a better understanding Doctor. We recommend her to all our friends and family. If you are looking for a special Dr. Here she is.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Scanlon for over 5 years. I have had insurance and I haven't had insurance. Either way, she is the only doctor I trust with my medical care. She is very attentive to your health needs, explains everything in detail, takes the time to answer your questions, returns calls if needed, Her medical knowledge is outstanding! There was a problem with the staff years ago but that has been rectified. The staff now is very pleasant and eager to help you. 5 Start doctor!
Lake Worth, FL |
I met Dr. Scanlon and I loved her. She is kind and caring and genuinely interested in your health. I am so glad I went on a recommendation from a friend!
in Lake Worth |
I've been a patient of Dr. Scanlons since I was 15. She is so kind and truly listens to you when you speak and does all she can to treat and guide you when it comes to your health. In fact, it's like talking to a good friend when she's in the room! I would agree with other reviewers regarding the staff - BUT within the last year, I've seen immense improvement with the phone issues & attitude of the personnel; she's obviously listened to her patients and has worked to improve the issue-bravo! <3
in Boynton Beach, FL |
My Daughter goes to Dr. Scanlon and I don't have any insurance at all right now, but I decided to go to her, because I had some personal issues that needed to be addressed. And me personally i like to go to a Female doctor, so I went to her and she was just wonderful..Very sweet, caring, understanding, professional..She is a keeper for sure..I recommend anyone who is looking for a great doctor, to go to Dr. Scanlon..She is NOT a fake, or uncaring like most doctors here in SOUTH. FLA..
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Great Doctor!!! Staff is the problem. Not friendly and does not follow through. Called to make an appointment for my annual physical. They said they would call in a pecriotion for blood work. Like I expected they did not call it in, a wasted trip to the lab. I guess I'm looking for a new Dr that has a professional staff. A shame because Dr Scanlon is great
in Lake Worth |
After hunting for a nice, caring, knowledgeable Dr. I have finally found her. I am glad to have found her.
in West PalmBeach |
Dr. Scanlon is a amazing doctor. She takes the time to listen and cares about her patients. She has been my family doctor for years .
in Lake Worth, FL |
I highly recommend Dr. Scanlon. She sets the standard for "quality of care" in my opinion. She genuinely cares about her patients and helps add to the quality of life of her patients through excellent care and ease of use with respect to communication, education, and understanding how to live a healthier life. Dr. Scanlon is a "super-doctor."
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Scanlon is amazing! She truly cares about me and takes time to listen to any and all concerns and help find solutions. After visiting various primary doctors over the years, I can say Dr. Scanlon is the absolute best and easiest to work with. She is a great person and I highly recommend her!
in Lake Worth, FL |
Although when you actually get time with Dr. Scanlon, you get her undivided attention for 10-15 minutes, she must get her staff from the rudest and most inefficient population. You can call 10-15 times and be promised a return call, a prescription called in or a question answered, the chances of that actually occurring is minimal. Staff treats you as if you were a nuisance.
in Lake Worth, FL |
She has been our family doctor for about ten years. Extremely caring, smart, and a true problem solver with a solution to any medical issue we've faced.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Even though I waited 45 minutes past my appointment, she was well worth the wait!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Scanlon is a caring and kind physician. She LISTENS, she CARES, and respects those who wish to incorporate holistic measures in there healthcare regime. I am a healthcare professional myself and can tell you that Dr Scanlon is a rare breed of physician that we desperately need more of. To those of you bothered by the long wait in her office.....it is because she is taking the time to talk and truly listen to her patients to develop the best plan of care. You're next! Be patient :-)
in Lake Worth, FL |
I had no problem with the staff. I only waited 30 minutes in the lobby and another 30 minutes in the patient room. Everybody took their turn and the staff followed office procedure step by step. I don't buy cheap insurance that requires referrals. If you need to get a referral, you better learn patience and don't blame any of the doctors because your Obama policy sucks. Dr. Scanlon actually listened to me and is taking a course of action to help me with my concerns. She is very knowledgeable.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Existing patient-needed referral to an existing specialist but took 2 mos to get an appt. Don't see her unless I'm sick, but was told no referral over phone b/c been 3 yrs since I saw her. Called day of appt. to see if doc was behind & was told yes, but they couldn't disclose how long. Went to appt. & was told she was 45-60 minutes behind. They asked if I wanted to re-sch so I asked how long that would take: another 2 mos! Are you freaking kidding me?! I'll find a new doctor ...
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr Scanlon is GREAT but the office is TERRIBLE, never have i ever had so many issues having to make apts with a doctors office, and how long you have to wait to see her. the staff is not friendly and courteous, the phone line is BUSY or when you do eventually get through you are put on hold for 10mins! Did i mention the phone line is BUSY, if you are sick and need medical attention you can not even get through and have to try numerous times for 30 mins!! the auto-mated system sucks as well!
in Florida |
She is efficient, thorough and KIND!! I travel over 40 minutes to see her and she is worth it!!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr Scanlon is one of the few Dr's that truly cares about her patients. She listens and will work with you to provide you with the best health care for you as an individual not just another pt walking through her door. I have recommended her to friends that have become her patients and will continue to do so. She is real people, who cares about you as her person nor just a patient.
Have you seen Dr. Mary Scanlon, DO?
Are you Dr. Scanlon?

Visit Dr. Scanlon

Dr. Scanlon accepts 7 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida