Dermatology  |
Dr. Mary Pentel, MD
Dr. Pentel is a part of several recognized dermatology and medical organizations. She is a member of the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, and the Jacksonville Dermatological Society. She is also a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology as well as the American Society for MOHS Surgery.

4727 Sunbeam Rd Ste 102

Jacksonville, FL 32257

• AvMed
  • Benesys
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CHAMPVA
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • HealthSmart

Learn about Dr. Pentel

Dr. Pentel's Experience

Dr. Pentel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

Nature of Complaint: DUVAL COUNTY

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Rhode Island Hospital Lifespan

Dr. Pentel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Pentel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pentel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pentel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pentel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pentel to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Pentel's Performance
in Jacksonville, FL |
No other healthcare provider I've found has been more kind, more thorough, more competent, or more compassionate than Dr. Pentel. Truly someone dedicated the doing a great job and it trickles down to her staff as well. What a great experience.
Jacksonville, FL |
Lauren is absolutely fantastic and she just makes you feel so comfortable and at ease. Looking forward to my next appointment with this office.
Jacksonville, FL |
Everything about the group is fine-- except the WAIT! 40 minutes after my appointment time, I was finally brought back-- and no apology!
Jacksonville, FL |
Good follow up. Helpful and knowledgeable
in Jacksonville Florida |
Always profession. I feel as though I am cared for as a patient with the best medical knowledge possible. Spotless office and met with a smile. Thank you for taking care of my families dermotology needs.
Jacksonville Fl. |
Their billing department is horrible. I've had three visits with them. Each time they Understate how much the procedures will cost and will never call you to tell you the results of your path reports. I'll never use them again.
in Jacksonville, FL |
When my Mom (90yo) and I moved back to Jax, we were looking for a good Dermatologist. Our Primary Care Physician recommended Dr. Pentel...saying she's was excellent! (His wife is a patient of Dr. Pentel's.) That was approximately 4 years ago...having been under her care these past years, Mom & I agree with him!! We see her quiet often, because melanoma runs in our Family...Mom's Father & Sister have already died from melanoma. Dr. Pentel's the best as far as we're concerned!!
in Jacksonville, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Pentel for years and she is awesome!! Her staff is kind and efficient. I would highly recommend this practice.
Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Pentel has switched her focus to cosmetic procedures. I am a routine dermatology patient only see whomever is the current assistance.
in Jacksonvile City, FL |
I have had multiple skin cancers. This office is professional and informative. Dr Pentel and her staff have been knowledgeable and skillful in removing my lesions. Front desk staff are excellent and caring.
in Jacksonville |
Treatment has been skilled and appropriate.
in St Augustine, FL |
Dr Pentel is excellent. She cares for her patient in every way and considers both the patient's comfort and outcome her priority. I highly recommend her. Great medical treatment and excellent spa service as well.
in Jacksonville, fl |
There has been a large change of staff st the spa and laser center. The addition of Lorie Carter(board-certified family nurse practitioner) was such an asset to the team. Very knowledgeable and honest about what you shoul expect from any procedure. I have been going there to May Nguyen for my eyelashes for a long time. She is an amazing kind spirit. The procedure is quite long , so I always plan my schedule so that I can take a nap while having them put on. So worth it!
Jacksonville, FL |
I found Dr. Pentel and her staff to be great. It was easy to make an appointment, I was early and had almost no wait time even on a busy day, her staff was very pleasant and listened carefully to my concerns, and Dr. Pentel spent a great deal of time with me and I felt like she really cared about me from a long term perspective. She discouraged me from making any quick decisions and even recommended I get a second opinion from another doctor of my choosing. What a great place!
Ponte Vedra, FL |
I've used Dr. Pentel's office over 5 years & have had issues waiting over 1 hour, getting an appt w/ the Dr vs. NP etc, but nothing has made me switch to another practice until today. The Dr was completely in a rush, very condescending, and didn't have time to throughly check me AND address ?s, so I have to make another appt. Ok, fine. But she did make time to try to sell her products to me. Adding a spa/skin care to your practice is smart, but it shouldn't compromise the integrity of your appt
in Jacksonville, FL |
I have been her patient since near the beginning of her practice. She has detected all my cancers at very early stage so they could be easily treated. I had an issue the other morning so I called and was promptly seen and treated correctly that afternoon. Her NP knows what she's doing & when I need to see the doctor, I do. I've never had financial problems or been mistreated in any way. Staff is friendly and kind and concerned for you, too!
Jacksonville, FL |
Do not go to her. She only cares about how much money she is making, does not care about you personally or your condition. Please find someone loyal and that cares about you. Only in the business to make money. Her staff is also terrible. They never return your calls and they hang up on you.
in Jacksonville, FL |
I made an appointment and I was very surprised when they told me that I am only going to see the nurse practitioner because Dr. Maria Pentel is very busy. I paid $80 .00 to see the nurse and the second time I went to take out some stitches I waited 50 minutes in the waiting room I would never go to that place again terrible I recommend that you go to a different place! Terrible!
st.johns |
Don't go there! Reported to BBB, unauthorized charges on credit card,wants to cut more than treat. Very unprofessional.
in Jacksonville, FL |
CHEAP DOCTOR CHEAP SERVICE SHE MESSED UP MY FACE SHE HAS NO EXPERIENCE DOING FILLERS AND OVER CHARGE YOU AND THAN RECOMMEND ADDITIONAL PROCEDURES TO FIX MISTAKES SHE HAS DONE BEWARE OF THIS HORRIBLE DERMATOLOGIST THEY SHOULD TAKE HER LICENSE BACK
in Jacksonville, FL |
Dr. Pentel has found three melanoma during routine examinations. One was a satellite and the other two were primary. All were detected and removed before they reached the lymph system. I have been her patient for about 20 years. I see her once a year, and see a physician at M.D. Anderson six months after my visit to her. I literally trust her with my life. Anyone who lives in the Sunny South should be checked by a dermatologist twice a year. She also treats my wife.
Have you seen Dr. Mary Pentel, MD?
Are you Dr. Pentel?

Blue Select
    BlueDental Choice
    NetworkBlue
  • CHAMPVA
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
    Employer Group PPO
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
  • HealthSmart
    Select HMO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio