Dr. Mary K. Mercer, DO

Dr. Mary K. Mercer, DO

Internal Medicine | Female | 62 years old

Dr. Mercer specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Oklahoma City, OK. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Mercer? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Mercer's Experience

See how Dr. Mercer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mercer

Dr. Mercer accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mercer has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Mercer
Dr. Mercer's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (67)
in Clinton, OK |
Dr. Mercer is very bright and educated. I mean come on, she graduated med school! She always treats me with CARE and RESPECT. unfortunately she has to deal with addicts and disgruntled patients BC they don't get their fix on Lortab 7.5mg, what a joke!! She also has a hard time keeping " trustworthy" staff. Dr. Mercer got to the root of my medical issues and even calls me following my appts to ensure my meds are working and makes sure my LIFE in general is okay. Thank you! JACOB LEWIS
Oklahoma City, OK |
Dr Mercer is kind and cares about me as a patient. I always feel better about myself when I leave her office. She has her quarks. I'll take them to get her bedside manner.
Oklahoma City, OK |
She is a wonderful caring physician.
Edmond, OK |
She is a loving caring physician.
Enid, OK |
. Mercer has a new office. It is all beautiful. Location 5700 N. Portland. She works hard to help her patients. She often gives free samples and stocks other common medications that she does not charge for. I highly recommend her. Negative reviews in the responses should be ignored. Of course if you have not met your deductible you have to pay for an office visit. I have found her staff always helpful.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
This was an awful experience. It seemed as though patients were milling about in and out of the exam area as they pleased. No receptionist, just a poor nurse trying to keep up. The Dr was dressed very inappropriately in my opinion. After over an hour in the waiting room the Dr came out and demanded I pay my $500 deductible. I have a $25 co pay for Dr's visits, yet she insisted. I left only to find out she billed my insurance as if it was a level 5 app (45+minutes) yet we never got past the money
Edmond, OK |
She is the best doctor I have ever seen.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
I truly think this woman is mentally ill. It's frightening that she's in charge of dispensing medication. I stopped going to see her after she refused to give me a refill on an antidepressant. Not a controlled drug, just plain old Lexapro. And instead of telling me why she would not refill it, she had her assistant whisper to me that this is all she would give. Considering I cannot afford $40 a month to sit for 3 hours waiting to see her, I found a doctor who acts like a doctor. AVOID.
Oklahoma City, OK |
My entire experience at this office was insane. The place is filthy and unorganized. They asked me repeatedly what refills I needed when this was my first visit and I didn't need refills on anything. I was in the office from 9:45-12:45, she took my blood pressure and felt my neck and that was it. She doesn't even have an office phone, they just use her cell phone for everything. Her nurse is nice but Dr. Mercer bullies her into handling the things she doesn't want to take care of.
in Midwest City, OK |
While Dr. Mercer has accomplished many things in her life so far and most if not all of them are great ... There are a few things to be taken into account. For instance how does she treat her patients when they talk to her about her not getting things taken care of in a timely manner, or keeping to what she says she will do. Or even paying attention to what's really going on with you. Or what happens when you decide to leave her care, how are you treated afterwards?
in Oklahoma city,OK |
Dr mercer always treats me great , and her staff! She has always listened to me and she gives me the best advice as to how we should deal and treat my health problems! I wouldn't go to any other doctor. She is such a hard worker and cares so much about her patients.
in Oklahoma City, OK |
The office staff are not pleasant and are hard to work with and are VERY unprofessional.
in Oklahoma City, Oklahoms |
My experience(s) have not pleasant. I have decided to see a new doctor who cares about me and not my insurance. All you have to do is enter her office as to see why I have such reasoning.
Have you seen Dr. Mary K. Mercer, DO?
Are you Dr. Mercer?

Dr. Mercer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available
  •  Sanctions found
  •  Board actions found

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Sanction

Dr. Mercer has received 1 sanction

• Other (9/15/2016)
    • Action Taken: Interim Suspension
    • Summary: Dr. Mary Kathryn Mercer; License #2887; NATURE OF COMPLAINT: Unknown at this time. ACTION TAKEN: Interim Order of Suspension Pending Evaluation, 09-15-2016. Effective date 11-2-2016.
    • State: Oklahoma
    Board Action

Dr. Mercer has 1 board action

• Other (8/12/2016)
    • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    • Summary: Dr. Mary Kathryn Mercer; License #2887; NATURE OF COMPLAINT: Unknown at this time. ACTION TAKEN: Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law and Agreed Order of Deferred Prosecution, 2 yrs.
    • State: Oklahoma

Dr. Mercer does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Mercer and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery

Graduated in 1989

Tulsa Regl Hospital
    Mayo Clinic Rochester

Dr. Mercer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mercer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Mercer does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Mercer and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.