Dr. Mary Figaro, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Female · Age 48

Dr. Figaro

Heartland Endocrine Group

4620 E 53rd St Ste 200 Davenport, IA 52807

Dr. Mary Figaro, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Davenport, IA and has been practicing for 20 years. She graduated from Yale University in 1996 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Dr. Figaro accepts

Dr. Figaro accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
Tricare
TriCare for Life
Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Wellmark

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Iowa

Check Dr. Figaro's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Aspiration or Injection of Thyroid Cyst
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
  • Thyroiditis
  • Turner Syndrome
  • Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

As an endocrinologist, I seek to improve people's lives as they live with chronic endocrine conditions. Together with the patient, I develop a plan that will optimize their health and quality of life and will help them accomplish their health goals.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

3.8

Dr. Figaro?
Dr. Figaro's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mary Figaro, MD
She is smart,well educated,care about people and many many more
ive been under her care since 2015 and I wouldn't go anywhere else
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
Love her! She took the time to sit and talk with me, and was open to solutions that are not knee-jerk band-aids. She was easy to talk to, very supportive, and unrushed. A+
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
Simply The Best, I have struggled in the past with my Diabetes, no more! Dr. Figaro takes the time to listen, explain, and follow up with encouraging messages. She is UBER SMART! B. Kelly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
This is a remarkable Dr! My diabetis is now stabilized & I am enjoying my life more. Dr Figaro is smart, compassionate & on top of her field. I would highly recommend her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
Horrible doctor.. starts off nice and tells you what you want to hear. Then just falls into the normal and no testing or looking for the root of the problem just masking it. Do yourself a favor and read up on thyroid problems on the web and hypothyroid mom... dont stay silent... rise up against doctors treating you as you know nothing... you know your body the best Update December 9th 2018 Finally got a doctor to run the tests she should of ran but would not ... find out there is a list of pr
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
I’ve been going to Dr. Figaro for 3 years to keep an eye on my thyroid after my family Dr. felt it was enlarged. She was very patient, informative and explained everything in detail. She didn’t conduct or order unnecessary procedures and went above and beyond what I’ve experienced before. I was happy to hear she will be seeing patients at Heartland Endocrine Group in Davenport. Search for address and phone number and you’ll find it. We are all fortunate she is still practicing in the area!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
She is the best doctor that I have ever had for management of my diabetes. I too, am looking for where she has gone. I did get ahold of Genesis and they informed me that she is going into private practice, but don't know where and when. I am sure they know more than they can tell me but am sure they cannot tell me since they are in direct competition for her former patients. I will keep trying to find her, as I want to stay with her, if possible. Let me know if anyone finds her. Thanks!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
She’s the best endocrinologist I’ve ever known but seems to have disappeared from her practice. Where did she go, will she come back... where do I go from here? Didn’t even get a referral... ??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
She is brilliant, but more importantly she can translate that brilliance into terms a diabetic can understand. She is personable, listens, and is compassionate. I AM NOT A NUMBER to her where as I can't say that about other Endocrinologists I have used in the QCA. I've been a IDDM for 40 yrs and lived in Iowa City, Evanston, and Wisconsin. I've a proactive view of Doctors, they are high paid consultants who I hire and fire if I do not get service - She is the best I have ever had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
Dr. Figaro was outstanding from the minute I meet her! She was very personable, and professional. Great Doctor!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
This office is absolutely terrible. When you have an issue and leave a message, they NEVER call you back or address it. You can even leave a message with the nurse directly and same thing! I ended up having to call the on-call dr and she never even gets the messages from the nurse! Very unprofessional in that regard. The nursing staff is awful.
She pretends to care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Figaro 1 year ago. I couldn't ask for a better endocrinologist! She takes the time to answer questions & works with me to find the best solution in caring for my T1d.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
Her smile and demeanor had me at hello! She expressed genuine concern for my health and took her time with me, answered all my questions and addressed all of my concerns. I didn't feel rushed or brushed off. She even gave me educational resources to further educate myself. When I expressed concern about the cost of one of my medications she informed me of website that I could use a coupon for a substantial discount that I currently use. I feel better and gotten on the road to healthiness.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
This office /specialist was very unperfessional. I was a new patient who was told that I had some problems with my thyroid was given a term for my issue. Instead of recommending a treatment plan or is this problem one I should be taking meds for. She informed me in a phone mesg that if I had questions to look the disorder up. What a poor answer given to a patient from a doctor who supposed to specialize in this type of medical issues. Please do your homework before wasting your time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
Dr. Figaro is a genius. It shocked me, because she really cares about her patients. She is great at explaining, giving you choices you can live with. She goes above and beyond, she continues to study her field and she is genuinely kind. Some of the nurses are pretty bad, that's on Genesis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
I saw Dr. Figaro about a year ago for thyroid cancer. She did several biopsies in her office. I appreciate that she reviewed my records carefully. She asked me several questions about unrelated health issues that she noticed. She brought to my attention my kidney function tests that were outside the normal range. No other doctor had mentioned this to me, including my family physician. I plan to go back to her for diabetes care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
If I could give her negative stars I would. She's an awful, egocentric, and horrible Doctor. Don't go to her if you can help it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
This was my worst experience with a doctor's office. While Dr. Figaro was friendly the first consultation, her nurse practitioner was terrible. She was unfriendly, rude, and disengaging. Then, it took me a dozen phone calls with messages and four weeks waiting for someone to get back to me about lab results only to find they never looked at them! So, they sent me to take new labs, which they forgot to call in after I took time off work to go get them done. After I took the lab, it was another t
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Figaro?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Figaro treats patients.