Dr. Mary Figaro, MD

Dr. Mary Figaro, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Mary Figaro, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Bettendorf, IA. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

865 Lincoln Rd Ste 500

Bettendorf, IA 52722

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • HAP Insurance
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Figaro

See how frequently Dr. Figaro performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Graves' Disease
Thyroid Disease
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Figaro's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Figaro "As an endocrinologist, I seek to improve people's lives as they live with chronic endocrine conditions. Together with the patient, I develop a plan that will optimize their health and quality of life and will help them accomplish their health goals."

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia

• Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
  • Ultrasound-Guided Fine Needle Aspiration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Princeton U
  • Cornell U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Vanderbilt University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Figaro has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Figaro does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Figaro and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Figaro's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Figaro to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Figaro's Performance
Rock Island, IL |
She pretends to care.
in Moline, IL |
I started seeing Dr. Figaro 1 year ago. I couldn't ask for a better endocrinologist! She takes the time to answer questions & works with me to find the best solution in caring for my T1d.
in Moline, I |
Her smile and demeanor had me at hello! She expressed genuine concern for my health and took her time with me, answered all my questions and addressed all of my concerns. I didn't feel rushed or brushed off. She even gave me educational resources to further educate myself. When I expressed concern about the cost of one of my medications she informed me of website that I could use a coupon for a substantial discount that I currently use. I feel better and gotten on the road to healthiness.
Davenport, IA |
This office /specialist was very unperfessional. I was a new patient who was told that I had some problems with my thyroid was given a term for my issue. Instead of recommending a treatment plan or is this problem one I should be taking meds for. She informed me in a phone mesg that if I had questions to look the disorder up. What a poor answer given to a patient from a doctor who supposed to specialize in this type of medical issues. Please do your homework before wasting your time.
in Bettendorf, IA |
Dr. Figaro is so smart, so interactive from the first introduction I was impressed. She helped me achieve control of my diabetic numbers after just one visit. I can see she genuinely cares for her patients. I look forward to many years of cutting edge and compassionate care!!
in davenport, ia |
Dr. Figaro is a genius. It shocked me, because she really cares about her patients. She is great at explaining, giving you choices you can live with. She goes above and beyond, she continues to study her field and she is genuinely kind. Some of the nurses are pretty bad, that's on Genesis.
in Blue Grass, IA |
I saw Dr. Figaro about a year ago for thyroid cancer. She did several biopsies in her office. I appreciate that she reviewed my records carefully. She asked me several questions about unrelated health issues that she noticed. She brought to my attention my kidney function tests that were outside the normal range. No other doctor had mentioned this to me, including my family physician. I plan to go back to her for diabetes care.
in Rock Island, IL |
I am educated (on my disease(s)) health care consumer. I have seen the various specialist in the QCA and started exploring Iowa City and Peoria as the offerings in this area left me wanting. Dr. Figaro listens and responds to general and technical questions with excellent explanations. She has tailored my treatment to my lifestyle; not a one size fits all type of care. You will not find a more knowledgeable endocrinologist in the area. I am treated like an individual, not a source of income!
in Moline, IL |
If I could give her negative stars I would. She's an awful, egocentric, and horrible Doctor. Don't go to her if you can help it.
in Pella, IA |
This was my worst experience with a doctor's office. While Dr. Figaro was friendly the first consultation, her nurse practitioner was terrible. She was unfriendly, rude, and disengaging. Then, it took me a dozen phone calls with messages and four weeks waiting for someone to get back to me about lab results only to find they never looked at them! So, they sent me to take new labs, which they forgot to call in after I took time off work to go get them done. After I took the lab, it was another t
in Galesburg, IL |
Having only seen Dr. Figaro a couple of times over the past month, I can tell you that she has been very helpful to me. I had become extremely frustrated with getting treatment for my condition(s). Dr. Figaro immediately showed herself to be very personable and willing to discuss my concerns and understanding of what has been happening. Please understand that Dr. Figaro is a very energetic person. She talks quickly and some times you should expect to just hear her out before you interject.
Doesn't listen. Does not respond to questions and concerns. Thought she had ordered a test that was ordered by a different, caring and helpful doctor.
in Orion |
Very knowledgeable. Willing to discuss options for thyroid cancer and prognosis for those options.
Have you seen Dr. Mary Figaro, MD?
Are you Dr. Figaro?